Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 02:20 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I don't, of course. And I wasn't speaking of you specifically when I mentioned it. But there are a few...suspicious entries in this thread.
LOL...I know you didn't mean me specifically. Just wanted to clarify why I chose some of mine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 02:49 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
That said, what I AM seeing a lot of in this thread is people naming attractive actors/actresses instead of dateable fictional characters, and I think it's important to separate the two (I commented as much re: someone mentioning Sansa).
I can't answer for TabulaRasa, but the Gilbert Blythe I mentioned is from the Anne of Green Gables books, not the TV series. I didn't see the series until later, after I knew the books inside and out.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:55 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I can't answer for TabulaRasa, but the Gilbert Blythe I mentioned is from the Anne of Green Gables books, not the TV series. I didn't see the series until later, after I knew the books inside and out.
I wasn't talking about you or Tabula either In fact, I was simply agreeing with Tabula about the benefits of picking literary characters because then it's easier to separate the character from the actor.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:05 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Tony Stark/Iron Man (Intelligence and snark in a Robert Downey, Jr. package.)
Clark Kent/Superman (Can we please clone Henry Cavill? Please?)

No Captain America, though. Looks too much like a blond version of my ex-husband.
My friends used to say that I reminded them of a younger RDJ in that role.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:18 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Sherlock Holmes would be a terrible boyfriend, IMO. He's a drug addict, for one, and he's misanthropic with a superiority complex and also practically asexual.
Yap. Plus, some people believe he is gay. That he and Dr. Watson were lovers, LOL. But I don't care like I said his mind, his genius, his deductions are perfection.

Also I have not seen any actors that resemble the one I created in my mind. So I really don't fantasize on who portrayed Sherlock. I especially loathe Robert Downey's Sherlock. That's not Arthur Doyle's Sherlock at all!

Although the new Brit Sherlock played by Benedict Cumberbatch is also not Doyle's Sherlock, I actually like it.

I have been in love with Sherlock since my cousin let me borrow his Sherlock book series. That's more than a decade ago.

Oh I forgot my first BF was Voltes V:

Ya, up to now he didn't know we were in a relationship.

Let's... volt... in!!!!!!!

voltes5voltin - YouTube

Old 04-22-2014, 03:18 PM

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Aiden from SATC. Good with his hands, romantic within reason, and so handsome. Definitely fictional.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:22 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Aiden from SATC. Good with his hands, romantic within reason, and so handsome. Definitely fictional.
Along those lines I'd have to say Jackson Brodie from Kate Atkinson's series of books. He's written with all the qualities that are like catnip to women: noble, intelligent, sexy, tough, yet sensitive and thoughtful, respectful of women and children, etc. (And it didn't hurt that in the TV miniseries he was played by Jason Isaacs.)

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 04-22-2014 at 03:33 PM..

Old 04-22-2014, 03:29 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Along those lines I'd have to say Jackson Brodie from Kate Atkinson's series of books. He's written with all the qualities that are like catnip to women: noble, intelligent, tough, yet sensitive and thoughtful, respectful of women and children, etc. (And it didn't hurt that in the TV miniseries he was played by Jason Isaacs.)
THERE'S A JACKSON BRODIE TV SERIES?????

Good god, how have I missed this?

Old 04-22-2014, 03:31 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
THERE'S A JACKSON BRODIE TV SERIES?????

Good god, how have I missed this?
It ran on Masterpiece Theater, no less.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:36 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,011 times
Oh I'll take Superman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships