Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I think it's because I don't act 20, why I attract older guys. LOL! Thank you!
They just tell you that. Older guys will say that you are very mature for your age and stuff, but it's just to flatter you so you will bang them. (And when you were under 18, they said it because they thought it would keep them out of jail for being pedophiles.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 08:08 AM

226 posts, read 614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
They just tell you that. Older guys will say that you are very mature for your age and stuff, but it's just to flatter you so you will bang them. (And when you were under 18, they said it because they thought it would keep them out of jail for being pedophiles.)
I was told that by many people! Women and Guys! I even look older, I don't look 20, unfortunately, lol.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:39 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I think for most mature women, a guy that brags about his options (or anything else for that matter) is a turn off. A man that can demonstrate it without trying or without it seeming on purpose, is very attractive, to most. And I am not so sure that a woman going into a relationship doesn't know if man has options. I believe that women know this on an intuitive level, and likely subconsciously, way before any relationship possibility is even considered. More like within first meeting or two.
How does a man demonstrate options in a non-contrived way?

As for your intuitive comments I think you are talking about something completely different though. If I met someone reasonably good looking when I was dating sure I could make a guess that person could find other people to date........that is completely different than making contrived shows to present to a woman you have options.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:53 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Thing is when a guy truly has 'it' he doesn't have to be explicit about his options.

It will be implicit through his emotional EQ.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:40 AM

226 posts, read 614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Thing is when a guy truly has 'it' he doesn't have to be explicit about his options.

It will be implicit through his emotional EQ.
Yeah! I am beginning to learn that! So more than likely if a guy has options he won't brag or exploit his options, it's more of a lie or a cover up cause he really doesn't have any, thus why he brags about it? Am I correct? Thank you for commenting!

Old 04-23-2014, 11:49 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Wow, why so bitter? wonder what would happen if someone accused women of such an atrocious act. I guess double standards are everywhere.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
How does a man demonstrate options in a non-contrived way?

As for your intuitive comments I think you are talking about something completely different though. If I met someone reasonably good looking when I was dating sure I could make a guess that person could find other people to date........that is completely different than making contrived shows to present to a woman you have options.
There are many ways to demonstrate options in a non-contrived way, but Im not going get into details (for a good reason). In many cases, a man doesn't really have to do a whole lot, since other women will subtly or (directly) make it pretty obvious for him, even strangers that walk by you on the street. Many men are very clumsy when it comes to these subtleties, but some are not.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNikki View Post
I was told that by many people! Women and Guys! I even look older, I don't look 20, unfortunately, lol.
wow, we've only talked for 5 minutes and I feel like ive known you my whole life....

do you know how many guys have gotten laid thanks to these 2 lines...haha. Yeah, chances are theyre just rying to get into your pants, talking about how mature you are. most guys are pretty lame and their game is weak, so they have to resort to such nonsense, even if it works like a charm.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
wow, we've only talked for 5 minutes and I feel like ive known you my whole life....

do you know how many guys have gotten laid thanks to these 2 lines...haha. Yeah, chances are theyre just rying to get into your pants, talking about how mature you are. most guys are pretty lame and their game is weak, so they have to resort to such nonsense, even if it works like a charm.
Seriously this is what Ascension says all the time. Lol

Old 04-23-2014, 12:07 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNikki View Post
Hey all! So me and my friends were having a debate on this. I don't get guys that bring up other girls in front of the girl they like. I am kinda in that situation now, it's driving me away from him, cause he'll show a lot of interest in me and I can go on and on about how much interest he shows in me, but yet he'll mention another girl like "I am definitely seeing Monica tonight!" or one time when he showed me a picture of a girl and he said "What do you think of her?" Because of that I assumed he is not serious about me. But then my friends are saying he is and they are saying "Guys just do that to make themselves look good!" I understand that, but I kinda have a different perspective. It gives me the image that the guy isn't serious about you, and doesn't really care to lose you, cause if they were serious about you, wouldn't they want to do anything in their power to NOT lose you? He doesn't talk about other girls all the time, but even this one girl I kinda know, he said he feels like they are going to lead to dating or whatever, and now he denies it to me everytime. I said "Are you dating "her"? He always says "NO" but yet he'll bring her up sometimes.

Also if I mention a guy he gets super jealous and it's noticeable. He gets ridiculous about it. So ok...you can mention girls but when I mention a guy you get all snotty and jealous? Ok? But when we are out in public together I will say something like "Oh that girl is pretty!" and he doesn't say anything. He won't approach other girls when we are out in public. So I don't get him, but anyways do guys really do this kind of stuff to pique a girl's interest? To see if she gets jealous? Or is it cause he's not serious about the girl? is it really just a guy thing? I am just curious cause me and my friends were debating over this. Any thoughts? Please comment! Thanks!
Guys that truly have other women crawling after them would not go out of their way to show them off to you.

This dude is very insecure. He is trying to show you that he has options. He has no earthly idea what he is doing.

Most of the ladies that I have dealt with in the past appreciate a man that has options and is valued by other women.

This guy has no game.

Last edited by usamathman; 04-23-2014 at 01:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships