Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 09:43 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
I don't know I think that would be a step backwards for men. I could never imagine coming home to my mom and saying, "mom I'm in a relationship with a doctor or engineer or lawyer." I mean I don't think I'm shallow but income, assets, income potential, ambition, drive, success just don't get my juices flowing. I can't imagine ever being turned on by any of those things. I'm an analytical guy but it zaps out all the romance and chemistry out of the process of a relationship were I driven to find a woman based on that criteria as if it had to be some rational, economic process.
Some guys find brilliant, successful women to be a turn-on. Others don't. To each his own.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:50 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
I don't know I think that would be a step backwards for men. I could never imagine coming home to my mom and saying, "mom I'm in a relationship with a doctor or engineer or lawyer." I mean I don't think I'm shallow but income, assets, income potential, ambition, drive, success just don't get my juices flowing. I can't imagine ever being turned on by any of those things. I'm an analytical guy but it zaps out all the romance and chemistry out of the process of a relationship were I driven to find a woman based on that criteria as if it had to be some rational, economic process.

Well, it would certainly decrease the guys here complaining about paying alimony!

I certainly couldn't date someone on the basis of money alone. I've happily turned down guys that bank bucks, because they had nothing else that I would be interested in. I don't believe in using people.

See if your juices are flowing as the two of you argue over whether you get a new flatscreen or she gets her hair done (to go with stereotypes). Money shouldn't turn you on, but you should realize how fast the issue can turn you off.

I just think it should be a consideration like anything else. It adds or subtracts to the "net" of the person you are considering.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-22-2014, 10:03 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Hahahaha, oh please. It all depends on the guy. I had zero problems meeting, dating, [Snip.] TONS of very dateable woman prior to me ever making over 50k.

You know what matters? A million things. I can promise you that if I made 20k a year I could still [Snip.] 100x more woman than some tool that makes 200k. In fact, my friends cousin is in his 20's and has a net worth near a million. Not a terrible looking guy, just a total nerd with zero social skills. He hasn't gotten laid in like 2 years. Not for lack of effort, but lack of personality.

Money is not everything. However based on your long nerdy equation and thread I have a feeling you are just using it as a justification why you struggle with women when there's obviously 100 other things you could consider.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-22-2014 at 11:36 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:29 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Hahahaha, oh please. It all depends on the guy. I had zero problems meeting, dating, [Snip.] TONS of very dateable woman prior to me ever making over 50k.

You know what matters? A million things. I can promise you that if I made 20k a year I could still [Snip.] 100x more woman than some tool that makes 200k. In fact, my friends cousin is in his 20's and has a net worth near a million. Not a terrible looking guy, just a total nerd with zero social skills. He hasn't gotten laid in like 2 years. Not for lack of effort, but lack of personality.
THIS!

This type of message never seems to sink in with people like the OP, but this is the truth.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-22-2014 at 11:37 PM..

Old 04-22-2014, 10:53 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
The hypothesis looks like a failed math proof, and would never pass peer review.

For starters, Fact 1 presents an invalid premise. There simply are not nearly enough $100K men for every woman who is decently attractive.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:01 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The hypothesis looks like a failed math proof, and would never pass peer review.

For starters, Fact 1 presents an invalid premise. There simply are not nearly enough $100K men for every woman who is decently attractive.
I would say that there are more men that make 100k than there are decently attractive women, unless we're talking about women under 25. I would say that 1 in 10 women are decently attractive after 40, and that's being pretty generous.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:05 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I would say that there are more men that make 100k than there are decently attractive women, unless we're talking about women under 25. I would say that 1 in 10 women are decently attractive after 40, and that's being pretty generous.
Why do people even trouble themselves with such questions? How can you know if this is true or not? You may be able to quantify the number of men out there with paychecks of $100k or more, but how on earth are you ever going to quantify something entirely subjective like "decent looking?"

Old 04-22-2014, 11:08 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Why do people even trouble themselves with such questions? How can you know if this is true or not? You may be able to quantify the number of men out there with paychecks of $100k or more, but how on earth are you ever going to quantify something entirely subjective like "decent looking?"
Or ask every person who makes that criteria their age? I'm not sure why anyone concerns themselves with numbers, or "most", or what have you. Basically you only need one at a time.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-22-2014, 11:11 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Or ask every person who makes that criteria their age? I'm not sure why anyone concerns themselves with numbers, or "most", or what have you. Basically you only need one at a time.
I don't even need that. I already have my "reasonably attractive" wife and am bringing in over $100k so I'm set, I guess!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships