Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 01:34 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post
So my question is why do women blame other women when their bf/husbands cheat on them ? Most of them time they do not criticize the men as much, and put most of their anger on the other woman.

One of my friend's husband cheated on her. She criticized and cursed out that women instead and asked her to stop calling him, etc.... Well, he did not stop contacting her and she again, contacted the woman, and confronted her. Of course she was angry with the husband too, but to me, she let him off the hook more than he deserves. I mean at the very least, he should be responsible for 50% of the problem.

Well, what I meant to say is women tend to put more energy in "confronting" and "dealing" with the other woman, rather than dealing with the husband/bf.

I am wondering if people have the same observation or experience? And if you are the woman/man being cheated on, and you did this, would you tell me why? And if your confrontation with the other woman bring any relieve or do you get angrier?
They are in denial and are still in love with their husbands.

Some people are so blind and ignorant that anything their loved one's do could NEVER be wrong.

It threatens their inner psyche- that whomever they trust enough to let into their circle could NEVER betray them.

Kind of like cave people mentality of protecting their menial tribe. Short-cut thinking.

An objective mind clearly see's when both parties are in the wrong. And, I'm always for sisterhood- so I don't know or understand or comprehend how people can stoop to selfish behaviors that could hurt another fellow sista. Doesn't sit well with me.

Jerry Springer drama = modern day cave people fighting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 10:45 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
They are in denial and are still in love with their husbands.

Some people are so blind and ignorant that anything their loved one's do could NEVER be wrong.

It threatens their inner psyche- that whomever they trust enough to let into their circle could NEVER betray them.

Kind of like cave people mentality of protecting their menial tribe. Short-cut thinking.

An objective mind clearly see's when both parties are in the wrong. And, I'm always for sisterhood- so I don't know or understand or comprehend how people can stoop to selfish behaviors that could hurt another fellow sista. Doesn't sit well with me.

Jerry Springer drama = modern day cave people fighting.
"so I don't know or understand or comprehend how people can stoop to selfish behaviors that could hurt another fellow sista"

Of course, and for the very reasons you pointed out:
"They are in denial and are still in love with their husbands."
"It threatens their inner psyche"
"Kind of like cave people mentality of protecting their menial tribe. Short-cut thinking"

None of us are above 'Tribal' thinking on very basic levels. The various things that bind us together as a group are so varied and often conflict with each other: Sisterhood, Tribal, Religous or National identity are just a few .

Is sisterhood any stronger than an attachment you have for a man that you desire. More often than not a man or a women will let go of life long friends for a mate. Happens all the time, someone even giving up their religion and much of their self identity for a mate.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:53 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Honestly if my husband cheated on me. I only blame him. And we are also over. I am more than willing to give him away to her mistress. I won't even fight any of them. Honestly not worth it.

End of story.

Wow is right. I can't relate to that stupidity. New experiences..? Having affair acceptable? LOL... talk to the hand

you won't have fun in MY expense..
This is key.

If you lay the ground works like you mentioned then 'its over!!' No talking no fighting, no, 'I'm sorry' ...just ba bye!'

This makes them know that if you do it...I'm gone!!

Old 04-23-2014, 10:59 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
This behavior isn exclusive to these situations.
People react this way to almost everything.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:00 AM

356 posts, read 1,268,996 times
Its not the other womans responsibility to keep my husband/boyfriend faithful to me.. id be done and never look back

Old 04-23-2014, 11:49 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
idk, I know dudes who've been thrown out for cheating. It doesn't seem like too many women blame the wrong person.
Maybe most don't, but plenty do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Yes. A very good example is Angelina Jolie. EVeryone hates her for 'stealing' Brad from Jen. My sister hates her for the very reason. I told her, why are you only angry at her, Brad is to be blamed too and she said ya, him too but she said Angelina is a home wrecker.
That's a very good example. Actually, even the fact that the term "home wrecker" exists at all is clear evidence that people often put the blame on the person with whom the cheating is occurring rather than on the cheater themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
While the woman is at fault, the guy is equally guilty.
I would argue that the man is significantly more at fault in such a scenario, actually-- it's not equal at all. You can say that the woman is acting immorally or that she should know better, but she isn't breaking any promise/vow/contract like the man is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladee View Post
Its not the other womans responsibility to keep my husband/boyfriend faithful to me..
Exactly.

Quote:
id be done and never look back
I think the ideal, unless the cheating is pervasive, rampant, and long-term, is for couples to work through the infidelity, particularly if they are married or have otherwise made a lifelong commitment to each other. Unfortunately (IMO) your view seems to be far more common, though, at least in the U.S.

Last edited by nearnorth; 04-23-2014 at 11:58 AM..

Old 04-23-2014, 12:09 PM

356 posts, read 1,268,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post

I think the ideal, unless the cheating is pervasive, rampant, and long-term, is for couples to work through the infidelity, particularly if they are married or have otherwise made a lifelong commitment to each other. Unfortunately (IMO) your view seems to be far more common, though, at least in the U.S.

Why is working through it ideal? seems like a long sad road to walk for both parties involved.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:12 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Because it's easier to think that your partner cheated on you because someone else made him and not because he wanted to.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:18 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Or she's viewed as an enabler to the man's action. In her view both have wronged her. Or she takes it out on the other woman.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:08 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Why is working through it ideal? seems like a long sad road to walk for both parties involved.
If you're actually asking why it is ideal for married couples to attempt to work through their problems before seeking a divorce, our values are even further apart than I thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships