Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 09:54 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,628,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImShmacked View Post
I tried avoiding the discussion but she kept coming back to it every single day for two weeks until I caved in. At first I told her it was none of her business and this discussion was not going to happen. Then she started finding subtle tricks to get me to talk about it so I told her my honest opinion since she started bugging me pretty badly.
Maybe it would be best then not to spend every single day for two weeks with your nagging mother?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 09:55 PM

48,391 posts, read 34,529,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Maybe it would be best then not to spend every single day for two weeks with your nagging mother?
ROFL. Tried to rep ya.......
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-22-2014, 10:00 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,733,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I live abroad. I'm just visiting my family. I don't live with my parents!

Old 04-22-2014, 10:01 PM

48,391 posts, read 34,529,196 times
Quote:
I live abroad. I came home for a month vacation. I don't live with my parents!

Great! It's a temporary situation. Even easier to deal with! You leave.... problem solved.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-22-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Great! It's a temporary situation. Even easier to deal with! You leave.... problem solved.
I know, but the issue will come into play at some point, so I would like to know how to deal with it (in light of a broader picture, aside from this current "temporary" situation) because I'm inevitably going to introduce someone to them sooner or later.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:56 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,843,571 times
Quote:
I know, but the issue will come into play at some point, so I would like to know how to deal with it (in light of a broader picture, aside from this current "temporary" situation) because I'm inevitably going to introduce someone to them sooner or later.

Parents trying to dictate your love life... ok......

Don't listen to idiot racists, block it out and just do what you want to do. Problem solved. I see nothing to worry about.

Are you from India?

Old 04-23-2014, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Parents trying to dictate your love life... ok......

Don't listen to idiot racists, block it out and just do what you want to do. Problem solved. I see nothing to worry about.

Are you from India?
Nope

Old 04-23-2014, 05:34 AM

13,583 posts, read 9,614,242 times
I would use reverse psychology. Say: "Mom, since you clearly have my best interests i mind, and are wisely skeptical of my own choices, why don't you get busy finding me a husband?" My supposition is that after a few weeks of enthusiastically diving into the problem, she'll make no headway, and will apologetically back off.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:55 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,283,687 times
Idk, I've dated people for years that I never introduced to my parents (not that my parents care about anything), just worked out that way.

No reason to tell her anything.

What she doesn't know wont hurt her.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:08 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,586,603 times
One of my friends had this problem with her parents. She ended up marrying a white guy (not sure if they had a wedding, have to ask her) and parents hated him and were depressed for years. Thought it was the end of the world, bad things would happen to her and prayed for her constantly. They didn't start warming up to him and accepting their marriage for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships