Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 08:42 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
I honestly don't know why men have the nerve to ask out someone 40 years younger than they are. And then to hear some women actually say yes is even worse.
Not everyone has the same taste as you. Different people look for different things in mates. There is nothing wrong with that.

Everyone who is attractive gets flirted with by people they're not interested in, whether they think the people are too fat, too short, too tall, too young, too old, too nerdy, not smart enough, too poor, too arrogant, too crazy, too rude, etc. etc. etc. For you it happens to be too old. No big deal. Tell them no and move on with your life.

Quote:
I'm married though
In that case you're hopefully telling ALL of the people who flirt with you that you're not interested (not available). It shouldn't matter if you're attracted to them or not. Why do you care?

Old 04-23-2014, 08:45 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
My wife and I watched something like this happen last Friday night. We bought movie tickets and decided to kill the time before the movie with a drink at the bar. The bar tender was a young a pretty 20-something who had her ear full with one old guy sitting a few feet away from us. "that poor girl." said my wife. The girl was able to pull away to take our order. We noticed she was all too eager to chat with us. Considering the alternative, we let her. The other guy (late 50s or so) waved her over for another drink and it was amusing to see him try to rope her back in to another conversation. My wife rescued her by waving her back over. The guy left soon after.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
I liked 18 year old girls when I was. 18
Still do

Old 04-23-2014, 08:48 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,505,049 times
nearnorth, I wasn't married at 17 when the 60 year olds hit on me. Obviously I tell people I'm married. I blatantly have a ring on my finger.

I was asking a question that NO ONE is answering but just directing to my personal life.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:49 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
My wife and I watched something like this happen last Friday night. We bought movie tickets and decided to kill the time before the movie with a drink at the bar. The bar tender was a young a pretty 20-something who had her ear full with one old guy sitting a few feet away from us. "that poor girl." said my wife. The girl was able to pull away to take our order. We noticed she was all too eager to chat with us. Considering the alternative, we let her. The other guy (late 50s or so) waved her over for another drink and it was amusing to see him try to rope her back in to another conversation. My wife rescued her by waving her back over. The guy left soon after.
I've seen stuff like that all the time

Old 04-23-2014, 08:49 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,505,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Finally someone says something other than about my life. Thank you!

Old 04-23-2014, 08:53 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:

I was asking a question that NO ONE is answering
The answer is that people flirt with people they're attracted to. Sometimes those people are attracted back, and other times they aren't. When they aren't, they simply say no-- [Mod cut.].

You were flirted with by people to whom you were not attracted due to their age. No big deal. It happens.

If that doesn't answer your question, then I guess I don't know what you're asking.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-23-2014 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: Off topic.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
The answer is that people flirt with people they're attracted to. Sometimes those people are attracted back, and other times they aren't. When they aren't, they simply say no-- [Snip.].

You were flirted with by people to whom you were not attracted due to their age. No big deal. It happens.

If that doesn't answer your question, then I guess I don't know what you're asking.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-23-2014 at 09:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships