Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 07:02 AM

10 posts, read 22,177 times

Advertisements

Do you find it endearing and cute when a girl collects movies from a director she really likes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 07:04 AM

28,896 posts, read 54,019,688 times
Sure, why not?

But there's a fine line between being passionate about something and just being obsessive. Like the girl I once dated (One time only) who collected unicorn figurines. We're talking hundreds and hundreds lining every horizontal surface in her entire apartment. And she wanted me to appreciate every single one of them as if she were showing off her collection of French Impressionists. Didn't do that twice.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:10 AM

686 posts, read 1,227,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyskies222 View Post
Do you find it endearing and cute when a girl collects movies from a director she really likes?
I don't really think about unless she's all super obsessive about it. So a girl likes Tarantino or George Lucas movies. No big deal. Nothing endearing or cute about it though. Also nothing wrong with it either. Just whatever.

There are lots of guys out there who will really be into it if your director of choice is George Lucas. I know a LOT of Star Wars geeks.

People like different things so its no biggie. I know/have known women who have and collect books by their favorite authors. Many of which I have never heard of before so it doesn't bother me, doesn't endear her to me, and it isn't "cute", "ugly" or anything like that. It just is what it is. Same as if someone collects sheet music by her favorite composer, paintings by her favorite artist, etc. It just is no big deal. I guess if the guy was as into whatever as you/the girl is, he would find it endearing. Like he if was a gun guy who loved 1911s, and found out that you collected 1911s he would be like "You are my soul mate".

Its the goofy stuff that guys usually find kinda turnoff-ish like if you love tea pots and everything in your house is specific them related - collection on the mantle, pictures, wallpaper, curtains, etc. of whatever you are into like frogs, tea pots, cats, etc. This would be a turnoff.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:21 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,809,275 times
Quote:

No, I probably wouldn't notice and if I did I wouldn't think about it.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:37 AM

5,007 posts, read 7,851,870 times
I saw a woman briefly that collected men. She kept a journal logging their approximate height, weight, hair color, build, penis size, and prowess in the bedroom. She had a bit of an imbalance to say the least, but it was fun for a brief while.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:44 AM

686 posts, read 1,227,497 times
OP, I always make it a habit to check the posting history of the person who starts a thread before I reply to it. You know, to kinda get a feel for the person, to see if they actually participate and is active in the discussion THEY started. I must say, your ten post posting history is odd.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:48 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,809,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
OP, I always make it a habit to check the posting history of the person who starts a thread before I reply to it. You know, to kinda get a feel for the person, to see if they actually participate and is active in the discussion THEY started. I must say, your ten post posting history is odd.

Very polite way to put it.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:06 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,556,453 times
Quote:
No. What's cute about being a fan of a certain director?

Old 04-25-2014, 09:24 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,903,521 times
Odd.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:27 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,784,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I saw a woman briefly that collected men. She kept a journal logging their approximate height, weight, hair color, build, penis size, and prowess in the bedroom. She had a bit of an imbalance to say the least, but it was fun for a brief while.
OMG that's just weird (and disturbingly funny at the same time). I watch this show called Vikings and that behavior reminds me of a newer character on the show (princess of Mercia).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships