Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 09:44 AM

38 posts, read 44,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
If he hasn't had much of what he wants from women (the conversation and affectionate touch), then I don't think he cares about losing his virginity. Sometimes it's just good to take the natural progression, not rush into sex to get it done with.
In HS being a virgin is a black mark. Meaningful relationships are not worth pursuing in this environment. I'm all about that casual sex. Sophomore year in my friend's closet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 09:49 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford Stan View Post
In HS being a virgin is a black mark. Meaningful relationships are not worth pursuing in this environment. I'm all about that casual sex. Sophomore year in my friend's closet.
HS?

I'm past college. I want to commit to a relationship.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:15 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford Stan View Post
This discussion has nothing to do with highschool. Are you sure you're old enough to be on this forum?

Old 04-28-2014, 01:21 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Outside of viewing erotic content, I don't have the drive anymore. I just want to latch on and rest my head on their shoulder.
I cannot imagine any woman wanting this rofl

Old 04-28-2014, 01:22 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Did you always have a low sex drive, or did you experience this when your overall mood declined?

Old 04-28-2014, 07:23 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
OP: if you want to cuddle with a girl, it's easy; just ask a nice girl on a date and if it goes well, give her a warm hug and a soft, gentle full embrace, at the end There ya go, problem solved! (I've done that before myself, and it felt very nice, emotionally-speaking.)

Old 04-28-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Possibly the same can't be said for guys depending on other guys for emotional consolation due to traditional male gender roles. Perhaps if notions like 'man up' and 'boys/men don't cry' were heavily lessened and guys were encouraged to be support networks then guys could get emotional consolation/intimacy from other males.
Very fascinating post Yes, it ultimately all goes back to traditional gender roles that strongly discourage boys even at young ages from being (even positively) emotionally-expressive, openly showing affection and their more loving, caring feelings for others, also discouraging boys from things like hugging and kissing, etc., being softer and more tender-hearted, in the interest of a greater "manliness". Boys are taught that showing emotion, even loving emotion, is a weakness and is to be avoided, if they are to be considered as "properly masculine" and "sufficiently manly". As far as I am aware, young girls and women face no such similar stigma or societal pressures.

As a fellow man, I have for pretty much all my life rejected the philosophy that openly showing love and affection is a weakness -- in MHO, it is not a weakness, but in fact is and can be a wonderful source of strength. Of course, I have had mixed results. Some women (in fact perhaps most, to be completely fair and balanced) have been turned off, by my approach. Others have seemed to be much more receptive of it, and have appeared to genuinely enjoy it. I just let it come as it may...in the end, I have to be true to myself and to my own heart, no matter what others think about it...

I think that the song below illustrates the concept well:

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 04-28-2014 at 07:37 AM.. Reason: Corrections

Old 04-28-2014, 07:29 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Cuddling can be fun, when in a relationship. But give me sex 99% of the time over it. Only exception being when I'm tired or run down.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:46 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
I go for women similar in my looks, and I can find plenty. My problem is my personality and I haven't found someone single that can appreciate the sort of personality that I have as a partner.
A person who goes on internet forums, tells lies, trolls and cries incessantly about being forever alone?

Old 04-28-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
War should not be a part of life. Men should not have to kill each other. And just because a man wants gentle affection does not mean that man will lose his curiosity for how the world works.
I agre wholeheartedly with the OP here I think I can understand and relate to much of where he is coming from, in his desire for non-intimate affection from women...and I think he is 100% right that romantic love is not based on only physical intimacy alone, and that it also has a vitally-important non-intimate component as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships