Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 02:05 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,411,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
I already said in the beginning of the relationship, I was insecure, I felt he loved the ex more than me. I told him that, he said no.

But I am VERY secure now. I do blame her coz eventhough he said marriage is forever, and that's why he does not want to end the 1st marriage, he does not care if he lost our marriage. He said it's only a 2nd one, I mean WTF. And when I ask him why he said that. He said he is just joking. I doubt it.

See, I was mad at her for changing my husband's belief in marriage. I was envious that he begged her, cried 24/7 on the first one. But on our marriage, when I said I would walk away, he will just let me.

So he is true to his word. And he always is, actually. When he said he won't do what he did in his first marriage anymore.

Actually his exact word was - it is something he does not want ever to experience again. And because I was Sherlock, I deduced it is the main reason he does not want kids anymore in the future.

I am happy with my marriage and secure. I just blame the ex for messing up my husband.
Sounds like you really love your husband and want your marriage to work out, but he doesn't value commitment the same way you do.

I think how he treats you is more indicative of his character more so than what his ex did. She doesn't have power over his thoughts. She doesn't have power over his emotions. He ultimately does.

To some degree, we've all been hurt before. But, being hurt doesn't grant one the permission to hurt another.

And many of us have had broken hearts, and we still move on to staying committed to our new partners and give our word to them, and to our loved ones.

The hardest part of accepting the truth is understanding how denial protects us from what we really want to know.

If you had a feeling that you were entering a marriage that seemed built on unstable ground, which you told him you felt insecure, my guess is you also had a strong gut feeling something was off and wasn't right, but a part of you denied yourself, because a part of you wanted love to the point of not listening to yourself. Perhaps you learned to doubt yourself somewhere along the line.

Why put yourself through so much torment? You can play Sherlock and find all the information you want, but in the end, you're still not satisfied. No information will be enough. And, the person you must face is you. Ultimately, in the end, all you have is you, and the only person who can change your situation is you. You still choose what you want in the circumstances you have. And, life's too short.

If you could live life ideally the way you want it to be tomorrow, I highly doubt you'd choose the situation you're in right now. Sorry to be so upfront. Something to think about. You can't take back time, and you can only decide from now how you want to move forward. And, his ex isn't your solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 02:24 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Sounds like you really love your husband and want your marriage to work out, but he doesn't value commitment the same way you do.

I think how he treats you is more indicative of his character more so than what his ex did. She doesn't have power over his thoughts. She doesn't have power over his emotions. He ultimately does.

To some degree, we've all been hurt before. But, being hurt doesn't grant one the permission to hurt another.

And many of us have had broken hearts, and we still move on to staying committed to our new partners and give our word to them, and to our loved ones.

The hardest part of accepting the truth is understanding how denial protects us from what we really want to know.

If you had a feeling that you were entering a marriage that seemed built on unstable ground, which you told him you felt insecure, my guess is you also had a strong gut feeling something was off and wasn't right, but a part of you denied yourself, because a part of you wanted love to the point of not listening to yourself. Perhaps you learned to doubt yourself somewhere along the line.

Why put yourself through so much torment? You can play Sherlock and find all the information you want, but in the end, you're still not satisfied. No information will be enough. And, the person you must face is you. Ultimately, in the end, all you have is you, and the only person who can change your situation is you. You still choose what you want in the circumstances you have. And, life's too short.

If you could live life ideally the way you want it to be tomorrow, I highly doubt you'd choose the situation you're in right now. Sorry to be so upfront. Something to think about. You can't take back time, and you can only decide from now how you want to move forward. And, his ex isn't your solution.
My point is... he really believe in marriage being forever that's why he didn't want the divorce. It's like he was not able to get over that his first marriage ended.

Well he said by the time we met he already got over it, but it really took him a long time. By the way he always says how his friends and family tell him he looks really happy now he is with me.

In fact, when he introduced me to his family, it seems they were really surprised he remarried. Even his friends so I ask him why they have that reaction, did he told them he won't marry again? He said, essentially, yeah.

No, I don't know why you keep saying I am not satisfied. I am. I was insecure before. Not anymore.

Obviously he does not want me to leave because even though he does not say don't leave me, his actions speak louder. Like when I got some of my clothes out and bring out to my car, he said - where are you going? He finally spoke to me because he was giving me silent treatment that day.

He didn't tell me not to go but what he said was he doesn't know what he is doing anymore then hugged and kissed me.

He just don't want to do the begging and crying anymore in front of me maybe. Because when I came back when we almost divorced, I told him why can't you even cry? Because I cried in front of him. He said, who told you I didn't?

Last edited by meaning; 04-26-2014 at 02:37 PM..

Old 04-26-2014, 02:51 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
The bolded is essentially the same. You just worded it differently but that's what karma exactly is. Actually my husband told me about the son situation on our VERY 1st meet.

you know what he said? He said he liked what I said. What I said was, I don't know why women do that to their own kids. I said I can relate coz my brother's ex did EXACTLY that to him.

I told him I would never EVER deprive my own kids to have a normal relationship with their biological father. I believe when selfish vile women like my husband's ex and my brother's ex do those things. They don't only hurt their husbands, they also hurt their own child/ren more than anything.

I believe if the kids have loving dads like my bro and my husband, it really is depriving them of their right to have relationship with their own flesh and blood.

It just doesn't make any sense to me why they do that. It's selfish.

Loving father????? Say what?! HE ABANDONED HIS SON WITHOUT FIGHTING FOR HIM!!!

You and I apparently have very different takes on what a "loving" father does. My father, when my parents got divorced, literally spent thousands fighting for his rights as a father. And, he won, too.

Again...

I am asking for the 2nd time....

Did you go down to the court house and pull the case file for her current divorce to prove they are divorce over the same circumstances? If not, please explain how you know it is the exact same story all over again.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:52 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Well what do you expect? You married the guy after dating him for 11 days!

For those unfamiliar with the OP's story, you can start here.

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=10768934

Old 04-26-2014, 02:55 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Xanax is in order.
hahaha!!!

this is all too much. i need some popcorn...

Old 04-26-2014, 02:57 PM

288 posts, read 255,503 times
This is just my biased opinion, but no man that is so willing to a. Abandon his biological child and say it's her fault, and b. let another man raise his child and c. In all those years never faught or tried to have a relationship with his child is not a " good" person. He's a crappy one at best. You do not just say I give up and say I wish, and never do anything about it. That is not a good person, sorry op

Old 04-26-2014, 03:00 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,418,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

Quote:
Sorry - no matches or filtered words used in the search query. Please try some different terms.

However, I'll take your word for it, and I'm disappointed at my lack of suprise. lol

Old 04-26-2014, 03:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
hahaha!!!

this is all too much. i need some popcorn...
Here ya go.Spritzer? Diet coke? Ice tea?
I have some lounge chairs too.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

Oh good grief. Take some estrogen pills OP.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:10 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
However, I'll take your word for it, and I'm disappointed at my lack of suprise. lol
Try searching for posts under the banned usernames angelinajolie and msvalentine...and make some fresh popcorn!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships