Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 10:00 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I've read a lot of PUA, and I have seen them emphasise the not taking no for an answer, many times.

I have even seen it on CDR.
Not taking no for an answer can be sound dating advice for men, but only in certain situations. If women could communicate more directly, there would never be a need for it. As it stands, many put up playful resistance,begging the man they are with to see through it and persist. But see, this knowledge requires intellectual honesty and understanding of certain subtleties of gender dynamics that are at play, and im affraid those that cant pass up an opportunity to scream rape to push their agenda, visibly lack both.

Im not a big supporter of PUA, but if they ever talk about not taking no for an answer, they are talking about overcomming this type of playful resistance and are very specific about it. In my experience with their material, which is far more substantial than yours will ever be, i have never found an instance of encouragment of violating anyones boundaries, because PUA never stood for that.

Last edited by Ascension2012; 05-02-2014 at 10:08 PM..

Old 05-03-2014, 06:27 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Not taking no for an answer can be sound dating advice for men,
Im not a big supporter of PUA, but if they ever talk about not taking no for an answer, they are talking about overcomming this type of playful resistance and are very specific about it. In my experience with their material, which is far more substantial than yours will ever be, i have never found an instance of encouragment of violating anyones boundaries, because PUA never stood for that.
Sick and twisted way of thinking. This is precisely why we have a rape culture because men like you won't take a NO for a NO. I think out of all of your posts this one is the most disturbing and telling of your true nature. The very fact you are espousing this to other guys is truly scary.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:54 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Not taking no for an answer can be sound dating advice for men, but only in certain situations. If women could communicate more directly, there would never be a need for it.

What could be more direct than giving "NO" for an answer?

Old 05-03-2014, 07:39 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Sick and twisted way of thinking. This is precisely why we have a rape culture because men like you won't take a NO for a NO. I think out of all of your posts this one is the most disturbing and telling of your true nature. The very fact you are espousing this to other guys is truly scary.
I knew this was coming right after I read his post. Typical "feminist" overreaction that one has come to expect at this point when he clearly made the boundaries clear in his post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

What could be more direct than giving "NO" for an answer?
Quoting from his post...

Quote:
they are talking about overcomming this type of playful resistance and are very specific about it.
I will say on this SPECIFIC point I agree with Ascension. Not on the PUA aspect of it but just the fact that I have seen this scenario play out.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
I knew this was coming right after I read his post. Typical "feminist" overreaction that one has come to expect at this point when he clearly made the boundaries clear in his post.
Really? You took that as a feminist issue? You didn't take that as a safety issue, a respect issue, a harassment issue? How about the woman's boundaries? Because of course we never mean it when we say No and we're all about playfully resisting the big strong man's advances in our flirty, pretty little way like sweet little girls. I reiterate, it's men like you and Ascension who keep this rape culture and denigration of woman going.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Really? You took that as a feminist issue? You didn't take that as a safety issue, a respect issue, a harassment issue?
Yes, I take it as a "feminist" issue because this is the exact same line the feminists spit out. And I have read enough of your posts to know your overly sensitive melodramatic posting history when it comes to this! The "feminists" tow the line that even approaching women in public places is harassment.

Notice how I am putting feminist in quotes because modern day feminists are nothing like the ones that did good things. The modern day feminists are just man hating emasculating bitter women that have no grasp on reality. They just shriek and act melodramatic for some attention whoring instead of doing anything productive.

Call me whatever you want but outside of the bubble here on CD no one would take you seriously. In fact I think they would laugh at the ridiculous things you say.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:49 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:

Quoting from his post...

I will say on this SPECIFIC point I agree with Ascension. Not on the PUA aspect of it but just the fact that I have seen this scenario play out.
So I guess "no" really doesn't mean "no?" To you it means "playful resistance?" I'll be warning my daughter about your type.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Yes, I take it as a "feminist" issue because this is the exact same line the feminists spit out. And I have read enough of your posts to know your overly sensitive melodramatic posting history when it comes to this! The "feminists" tow the line that even approaching women in public places is harassment.

Notice how I am putting feminist in quotes because modern day feminists are nothing like the ones that did good things. The modern day feminists are just man hating emasculating bitter women that have no grasp on reality. They just shriek and act melodramatic for some attention whoring instead of doing anything productive.
Women have had their freedom for a few short years in the scheme of things. Women continue to be beaten and raped to this very day. When we say NO respect it. And if you don't like my feminism put me on ignore. I don't give a crap what you think, you are nobody to me. The very fact you sided with Ascension is enough for me to see what kind of man you are. Disrespectful to the plight of women, ever ready to use woman, ever on the alert for the opportunity to use woman. Repulsive.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
So I guess "no" really doesn't mean "no?" To you it means "playful resistance?" I'll be warning my daughter about your type.

That just makes them want my type even more.

Quote:
Women have had their freedom for a few short years in the scheme of things. Women continue to be beaten and raped to this very day. When we say NO respect it. And if you don't like my feminism put me on ignore. I don't give a crap what you think, you are nobody to me. The very fact you sided with Ascension is enough for me to see what kind of man you are. Disrespectful to the plight of women, ever ready to use woman, ever on the alert for the opportunity to use woman. Repulsive.
Women have had their freedom for a few short years? This modern feminism BS needs to stop, people gave them an inch and they try to take a mile. Next thing you know these shrieking bitter women will try to make every man wear a chastity belt. I have met some of these so called feminists in real life and they have engaged me in debates when I am just trying to enjoy my time at the bar. What I have found is all they do is keeping repeating the same propaganda and same points like a broken record. They don't offer anything even remotely insightful instead they just tow the modern feminist line word for word. I know a woman who actually got a degree in woman studies and these days shes wiping her ass with it.

The fact that you two couldn't grasp what Ascension was referring to when he says playful resistance tells me that you two don't have much experience in dating. For god sakes ftbll you have been married for how many years now? You act like Ascension is holding these girls down and having sex with them. Even though he and I have both clarified his point multiple times. A guy who is socially well adjusted and has dated around knows exactly what Ascension is talking about and understands the real boundaries.

Give me a break, you act like all men in general are responsible for rapes and domestic violence. Not for anything when it comes to domestic violence if a woman goes back to the person abusing her that is on her. I don't care what anyone says I know enough know that there is help for them available in many forms. If there isn't in your opinion then maybe instead of BSing on an internet forum you should go out and help them. That in itself would be a failure of modern day feminism for essentially creating non-issues and ignoring the ones that really effect women. This goes back to my point about modern day feminism just being a lot of shrieking, melodrama, and attention whoring. And who termed this stupid term rape culture, let me guess the retarded feminists? Plight of women LOL

Tonight I am going out and hope to "harrass", "disrespect", and "use" women as you so put it. Wish me luck!

Last edited by hooplaman; 05-03-2014 at 08:21 AM..

Old 05-03-2014, 08:37 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,431,777 times
Quote:
This knowledge requires intellectual honesty and understanding of certain subtleties of gender dynamics that are at play, and im affraid those that cant pass up an opportunity to scream rape to push their agenda, visibly lack both.
Let me guess: those would be the feminazis, right? I think I'm getting the grasp of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships