Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 03:20 PM

21 posts, read 16,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Exactly as to why lying about yourself doesn't constitute your being accepted, and instead reinforces notions of prejudice/stereotypes in society as an 'acceptable' 'norm'.

Be proud to be who you are.
I don't think most people are proud to be who they are. If they were, the plastic surgery industry wouldn't be a multi-billion dollar industry.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
It is sad, unnecessary, and you are basically making yourself and your ethnic group look bad in the process. Just because a few people look at you certain doesn't mean you have to care. Why would you want to be accepted by people you feel don't like you? Do you see how silly that is?
I do not speak badly about my ethnic group, it's just that I prefer to identify as a different ethnicity. I find that it opens more doors and it makes me more "acceptable" and sought after. But I do not speak negatively about anyone.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:24 PM

409 posts, read 481,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2345 View Post
I am curious if people think it's wrong to lie about your ethnic identity ?I won't mention which race I am, but I will say that many people have extreme negative views about the women in my racial group. For this reason, I lie about my ethnic background.

Do you think this is wrong?
I must be out of the loop since I had no idea that there was an extreme negative view of women of a particular race. No doubt there's all sorts of prejudice, so I don't question your assertion.

In general, I think it's best to be honest. I can understand why you would lie, but in the long term I think it's destructive to your emotional well being.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily4 View Post
I must be out of the loop since I had no idea that there was an extreme negative view of women of a particular race. No doubt there's all sorts of prejudice, so I don't question your assertion.

In general, I think it's best to be honest. I can understand why you would lie, but in the long term I think it's destructive to your emotional well being.
I feel bad for being dishonest, but I like how I am treated, so it kind of makes me feel like the lie is worth it.

I guess it's akin to a woman who bleaches her hair. She may hate using bleach because it can be very damaging, but the extra attention that she receives may very well make it worthwhile.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:51 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,310,291 times
Quote:
I don't think most people are proud to be who they are. If they were, the plastic surgery industry wouldn't be a multi-billion dollar industry.
You have a point...

Old 04-26-2014, 04:08 PM

79,905 posts, read 43,920,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
You have a point...
Most people never get plastic surgery and most who do aren't that concerned about looks as opposed to getting old. Most end up looking creepy.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:16 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,571,999 times
Lying about your identity to snag a rich husband ... Ew.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Most people never get plastic surgery and most who do aren't that concerned about looks as opposed to getting old. Most end up looking creepy.
I have quite a few friends who have undergone breast augmentation. They are far from old.

Most people who undergo plastic surgery do not broadcast it.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:25 PM

Is it wrong for a woman who looks like this to lie about her ethnic background:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/35dSTnSFuvI/hqdefault.jpg

Last edited by Leslie2345; 04-26-2014 at 05:17 PM..

Old 04-26-2014, 04:38 PM

867 posts, read 905,296 times
Quote:
I have quite a few friends who have undergone breast augmentation. They are far from old.

Most people who undergo plastic surgery do not broadcast it.
What is your ethnicity if you don't mind me asking? I'm Hispanic. My race is Mestizo. My mother is Spanish with green eyes. My father is mixed with his mother being blond German and his father being an aboriginal mix. Depending on whether it is winter or summer I will get I look Italian, Persian--which is different from Middle Eastern--Indian or Spanish. I exclusively date Hispanic women.

Because of anti-semitism Jewish Americans have been known to change their last name to advance in their profession. For example, Jeffrey Tubin from CNN is really Jeffry Sanders. But I honestly think those days are long gone. I have worked on Wall Street in Finance and I never got push back for my ethnicity. I went to an Ivy and I never got push back for my ethnicity. I currently reside in Southern California and I never get push back for my ethnicity.

As I indicated I exclusively date Hispanic women. But before I go any further what is your ethnicity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships