Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 08:09 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times

Advertisements

She means Let things develop at a slower pace. She doesn't realize that you are not planning things but just going at a faster pace than she is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 09:44 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I hear *crickets*and a *crying baby*.

Ba-da-dum.

I was actually pretty suprised noone seems to get the reference. lol

Old 04-27-2014, 10:56 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Here's an idea: plan to be spontaneous.

That's the only way I can do it.....

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-27-2014, 11:27 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's the only way I can do it.....

Me too.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:29 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Let me just get out my trusty Little Orphan Annie decoder ring....

Okay, I've got it. It IS something else:

BE-SURE-TO-DRINK-YOUR-OVALTINE

A crumby commercial?!?!?
You'll shoot your eye out!!!

OP - we aren't your girlfriend. Only she knows exactly what she meant.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You'll shoot your eye out!!!

YAY! Someone got it!

Old 08-23-2014, 03:13 PM

3 posts, read 2,453 times
Hello guys
First off all I am not form US. I'm from overseas more specific Europe. I apologize for the bad grammar and I hope you will understand what I am saying.
After a grate vacation and peace that I needed, I came back to post again, to talk to you and the most imported to tell the story of me and this girl that I was talk about previse posts. So what I am going to write you is a story that properly could be a candidate for the movie in the land of Hollywood. What i am going to write you I have never experienced like that. For me it was very best year with this girl (she give me straight to get throw ruff times) and in other hand ruff year in my private life (family, job, bad decisions in the past).

Here goes the story.

So where to start? Well I will start when I mate this girl.

It was January 2013 and we went with friends to the club Holldays pub where I met this girl. Here I must say that this club I went only once. Usually I go with friends in other clubs so we say we only look at this club and go forward. How did I meet her? Not long. We entered the club and went on dance floor. In this same moment she appears to me, smiles to me and asks me for the phone number. I say to myself wtf ??? I did not hesitate and in the next moment I kissed her. I gave her my phone number and asked me for the name. I told her. She didn’t believe and she went to ask my friend for my name. Then I went to the toilet. When I came back from the toilet I saw a long line on the toilet for girls and there she stood. I told to myself how beautiful creature she is, how the stapled hair she has... I walked up to her and kissed her again smiled to her and walked out of the club.

After a few hours I sent her sms that I want her. She answers: come on a Stop that, are you serious? It was already morning and I was very drunk and I just went to sleep. The next day I replied: What I say to you, I mean it!
Do not want to write all the details that have occurred after that. The only thing I can say that we connected very well. We went on drinks, parties together and had fun. I really liked her I was happy. I said to myself go slowly don’t hurry if you really like her. Besides, I just finished college and I focused that I find a job and I finally buy the first car. Wishes have come true. This all happened around May, June, July. With her, I was always in contact not the week past that would not hear each other. We went on same drinks in this time. We were on / off if you know what I mean.

Then came August 2013, when things went in my personal life downhill. It was difficult moments I was completely shocked.... It was my sister, she get sick. It was August Thursday I was at work and around noon mother called me and she said to me that my sister is at the hospital, she had stroke. I was completely shocked, I completely froze. I no longer know what I think… I just telling to myself she will be okay, she'll be okay. And thank goodness she was okay. I really have to thank to God that he guarded my sister. Why do I say this to you I will come to that later, it affected the relationship between me and the girl. After this event boom new shock father ended up in the hospital to. It all happened in the month of August. After that I was not normal, it was such a shock to me. Outwardly, I acted normal but inside I was not longer normal. After a month of these two events, I somehow forgot about it but there was always something present. During this time I have not had any contact with girl.

At the beginning of October once again after a long time I launch Facebook and I looked at her profile. I saw that she changed the course of study and I said to myself: hmmm interesting and I called her. As I was wondering how is she…? What is going on…? ... So we started to talk again about ever think. But I never told her what had happened. She was happy I did not want her to worry about.

A new shock at work came in the month of November. The boss of department, who gave me first job and was really a great mentor to me (he was like a father) has got a new job in another company. The whole department was in shock.
Towards the end of November, she called me and wanted to go for a drink. Than I said to myself: Enough, difficult things have happened to you are not okay. Let her go. I went for a drink talked, laughed and I drove her home. I didn’t tell her what I wanted to tell her, it was too hard to let her go. So I sad goodnight and went home. From that moment I was trying to focus strictly on work. But something was present.

New Year's Eve…. The most beautiful moment. She sends me at middle of the night wish for the New Year. We talked late into the morning and it was very hot. Immediately the next day I ended up at her house. This day I was completely falling for her and I also saw in her eyes and the movement that feels the same. Since then I forget all the bad things that have occurred to me and I was actually really happy. It's been a week and two when she invited me to the concert. But that day I did not have time since I was on business trip and I also told her this. Next weekend I had a birthday and she later in the evening wishes me for my birthday and I invited her for a drink. We were hmmm… happy that day. When I got home just for shore I sent her sms: Are we friends or something more? She replied immediately: After all that we had together we are definitely more than friends and smile. Then came the weekend when she asks me if I want to go out with her there was a big concert in town. So I told her that I will come with my friends to the concert.

Why am I writing this? Since this day really bad thinks had started to me. Worst two months of my life.
This same day, when I wanted to go out with her, my concerns to the sister come true. Towards evening the sister again felt bad and immediately we drove her to the hospital. She went immediately to the surgery. At that moment I became, nervous, angry and all the worries of the August event came back. The next day I sent sms to girlfriend and I do not know what I wrote. I do not remember. Then came two weekends when I stayed with my sister in the hospital. I talked to myself that my sister will be okay. Thankfully, after three weeks my sister was okay.

After that, really bad thinks had started happening to me. Then came my skeletons in the closet that I've swept under the carpet in the past. I was even more nervous, frustrated I did not know what was happening to me. I felt like I am becoming weaker by the minute. Then boom new shock. The department that I worked has been shrieked. I was for first to go. I got transferred to the new department. I was downgraded and very angry at the new boss. I really did not know more what's going on with me. And when the devil has young it has a lot of them. The bad thinks just piling up to me; I was literally punching bag for the bad things. I needed comfort, hug, I missed her.

During this time we had few contact but only through sms. I do not remember what I was written back then. Time has gone so fast past since the last we see each other and I did not won’t to burden her with my staff. I just wanted that she is happy.

At the beginning of March I called her and invited her to go out for a drink ... to tell her the whole story. But she began to resisting me. I did not know why ... I was weak / in pain and I did what any fool do when a girl resist talk about feelings. I told her that I miss her that I cannot sleep, I always thinking about you. At that time I just needed only comfort, a hug and a kiss goodnight and nothing more. She said that she misses me to. We got together at bar and was really late and she's was already leaving to home. I walked her to the taxi embraced her, hug her and kissed her and say I goodnight. At that moment I felt that something was wrong. A week later I invited her on a trip with my friend. There was no response I was panicked I did not know what I did wrong. So a couple of days later I send at her home for the Women's Day a gift. The next day she thanks me for the gift. Later, we get in to the fight and I put her against the wall. What’s up? What is going on? Her answer was a long sms text. Form the text I scratched the famous thesis: We should see other people. I answered to her that I still care for her. So I left her to focus on the things that happened and to try to fix them.

The story does not end her. Towards the end of April I went with a friend to the concert. At the concert she was there. I wanted to go to her, but there was a crowd at a concert so big that even ant could not move. The next day I sent her sms and asked how she is and told her that I saw her yesterday at the concert. Did not take long that I got response. From that moment we could not stop texting to each other. Every hour, minute we ware texting. We could not stop texting more than I week so I ended with an invitation to drink. Answer was: Of course, even better let’s go together on the coffee.
Couple of days Later I asked her to go drink with me and there was no answer. So I later asked. What's wrong? Answer was nothing. I sat in my car and drove to her house. I called her and told her come out tell me what's wrong. When she came out she hugged me. I asked what's wrong. In that moment I saw her facial expressions than she just goanna start crying (That what she is going to say someone is going to be hurt). She said that in January met a guy... and she now longer seeing him, she is hurt by ever think and she doesn’t trust anybody. I was shocked that she even told me. I did not say much, I just sat in the car and left. A week later I get a message from her: you can move on, but believe me that you will find infinitely better girlfriends and somewhere in the future, for you awaits also happy ending, this I sincerely wish with all my heart, that the next girlfriend will love you so much and that you will mean everything in the world for her. At that moment the first time in my life I had tears in my eyes. With these words, I was really hurt... I do not know why I then asked whether she was always honest with me. But he replied: With you I was always honest.

Then I was angry, sad, happy, hurt. After a week or two, I sent her sms and wrote what I shouldn’t have. Stupid thinks
After more than two months from that event I am now here and I am writing you my story. I do not know why I am writing my story but when I write this I feel a lot better. Maybe I'm also in a good mood, because I meet a new girlfriend. She has a really nice smile and she is very beautiful. I saw a sparkle in her eyes. I did not hesitate long. I invited her for a drink and got a phone number. But I leave that for future.

I would like to focus on the ex-girlfriend of the events that took place. Therefore, I want you to get your feedback what went wrong between us. I do not want to make same mistakes. I admit in my life I have never been in such a situation (work, job, sister, girl…). I have never had such feelings to towards any girl.
After all this writing and thinking there is always one and the same thing goes on my mind. I should tell her the truth a long time ago. After how long I know her I should tell her and trust her. Why I did not tell her the truth honestly do not know. Probably because she was so happy to me and I didn’t want to poison her mind with my thinks. Or maybe I didn’t trust her enough.

And last think I would like to tell you what is going on my mind. Despite everything she said / did I still care for her I miss her. I would huge her as hard as I can with all my strength and kissed her like the first time. I accepted this didn’t forget … What she did was wrong … she made a mistake.

All what can I say now is too much staff had happened. I was not been myself. That’s it

Old 08-23-2014, 03:19 PM

If someone else reads that, I'd appreciate the cliff notes.

Thanks.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Be spontaneous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
It means chill out and go with the flow.

You seem to be over analyzing what she is saying as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
quit micromanaging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Here's an idea: plan to be spontaneous.
these are all good answers. you dont have to plan every detail of an outing in advance. sometimes you just have to go with the flow, and let the fun rip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships