Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 12:54 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
So basically two wrongs make a right? Right?

It doesn't matter if someone is coming on to you or not. It's still wrong. Why play a part? Be the better person and just walk away. Life isn't always about you.
It always depends.

If I have GENUINE feelings for someone and get signs like that, I would try to pursue my happiness. But only if she says she is unhappy in her current relationship. Of course I wouldn't try anything if she tells me how happy she is with the bf. It would certainly be wrong trying to break that up.

We don't even know - is she moving to TX where the bf is waiting for her? Did I miss that? I thought she is moving away on her own to her hometown and the bf is not there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 01:21 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
It always depends.

If I have GENUINE feelings for someone and get signs like that, I would try to pursue my happiness. But only if she says she is unhappy in her current relationship. Of course I wouldn't try anything if she tells me how happy she is with the bf. It would certainly be wrong trying to break that up.

We don't even know - is she moving to TX where the bf is waiting for her? Did I miss that? I thought she is moving away on her own to her hometown and the bf is not there.
I understand what you mean, but you can't just throw the possibility of her boyfriend's feelings out like that. And you have another variable, you don't know what her relationship is like, for all we know she could just be using both of them. Why would you even want to be with a person like that, if she will step out on him what makes you think she won't do the same to you?

Why put yourself in a position like that? Whether someone is happy or not in relationship you should still respect that boundary and not move in someone who is currently committed. That is extremely disrespectful and inconsiderate. I understand you want to be happy but taking someone else's happiness away from them is not the way to go about doing it. Find your own. If that person is unhappy at least give them a chance to end that relationship before you make a move on anything. Because in this situation you are just setting yourself up to be used. Why would you even allow yourself to develop feelings for someone in a relationship anyway? That never works out.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:31 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Well, IF she would be a good gf, she wouldn't hang out with the OP constantly, right?

So if she doesn't care, why should OP??

It's not like he makes her do stuff she doesn't want to. SHE is coming over constantly until the morning hours and SHE wants to get drunk with him. I'd buy another bottle of wine, drink it with her and accidentally slip and fall into her when she is naked.

Lol. True, however, it doesn't make it right, Eve.

Personally, a woman like that deserves the pump and dump

Old 04-28-2014, 01:58 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol. True, however, it doesn't make it right, Eve.

Personally, a woman like that deserves the pump and dump
This is, what I mean. Hanging out with other guys ... drinking with them ...I wouldn't want to have a gf like that.

Of course it isn't right though.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:08 PM

242 posts, read 391,732 times
Have the wine, get a fruit-based fondue going and ask her where to put your seeds.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:23 PM

599 posts, read 693,341 times
so what happen OP, did you get it in.....hahahahaha

Old 04-28-2014, 07:39 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Friend Zone, level 9999999

I suspect the OP's view of how things are, are completely skewed which is why just about everything he's saying doesn't add up/make sense.
Spot on!

I had a best guy friend in high school. We hung out ALL the time...I'd introduce him to girls that I knew and we'd "double date", knew his family really well and we spent a lot of time with each other, even when I had a boyfriend. Then one day he confessed his feelings...it made our relationship very awkward after that.

As for the "getting drunk" comments...it's ONE bottle of wine....lol
When my husband and I get a bottle of wine at dinner we are hardly drunk...lol. It's roughly 2 glasses per person.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:42 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Friend Zone, level 9999999

I suspect the OP's view of how things are, are completely skewed which is why just about everything he's saying doesn't add up/make sense.

The OP sounds like a female friend of my husband. Her idea of what an opposite sex friendship should be is completely skewed... especially when it came to my husband when we were in a committed relationship.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:51 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I understand what you mean, but you can't just throw the possibility of her boyfriend's feelings out like that. And you have another variable, you don't know what her relationship is like, for all we know she could just be using both of them. Why would you even want to be with a person like that, if she will step out on him what makes you think she won't do the same to you?

Why put yourself in a position like that? Whether someone is happy or not in relationship you should still respect that boundary and not move in someone who is currently committed. That is extremely disrespectful and inconsiderate. I understand you want to be happy but taking someone else s happiness away from them is not the way to go about doing it. Find your own. If that person is unhappy at least give them a chance to end that relationship before you make a move on anything. Because in this situation you are just setting yourself up to be used. Why would you even allow yourself to develop feelings for someone in a relationship anyway? That never works out.

Two of my husbands female friends acted this why while we were in a committed relationship. I had to put my foot down regarding that.

I understand that people get lonely, but destroying someone else s happiness is not the answer.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:19 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

As for the "getting drunk" comments...it's ONE bottle of wine....lol
When my husband and I get a bottle of wine at dinner we are hardly drunk...lol. It's roughly 2 glasses per person.
Seroiusly, me and my girlfriend drink that much on almost a daily basis lol.

I wouldn't date a girl who's out late with some guy friend drinking.. but either way I still think that the OP is misreading everything. Sounds more like a lovesick boy and a naive girl than a girl trying to seduce her friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships