Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 10:14 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmusic29 View Post
Then you open yourself up to gold diggers and that becomes a good possibility. The one pro to being poor is, all my gfs have been attracted to me, for me. It was impossible to find a gold digger, there was nothing to dig! All three of my major gfs (relationships that lasted more than a year) the girl knew right away I was a broke 20 something. Most of my minor (half a year or so) knew that too.
The question is, "Is a 'trophy wife' better than no wife at all"?

Old 04-27-2014, 10:17 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I'm so sick of hearing this argument.

Two words:

Grow up.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I'm going to whine because guys need to know that in their teens, instead of learning it in their thirties or later.

I once had excellent career prospects and blew them off because I was so depressed - what use is a career if women don't want you and you are miserable and hopeless all the time - and I ended up in my 30s 40s, and 50s with no career and no money.
But surely during those decades there were a few "ships that passed in the night". Even losers such as myself at 15-30 had a few experiences to compensate, though I admit it wasn't much compensation.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:21 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
The question is, "Is a 'trophy wife' better than no wife at all"?
no, not when they are cheating on you 24/7 and end up divorcing you, fabricating some bullsh** story in court and winning half of your stuff.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:28 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I'm so sick of hearing this argument.

Two words:

Grow up.
I am in my 40s.

I think it way more now than I did when I was younger.

When I was in my teens and 20s, I didn't think women cared about $ at all. Looks yea. Charisma yes. But not money. It's one of the reasons I didn't work on my career maybe as much as I should have.

Things like security are nice. If a woman feels like she is going to have to take care of her and her children on her own, that is a feeling not too many women want to have. It's different for men. Men are expected to be the provider, at least hold down half the fort. Women can make nothing or almost nothing and it's OK.

That's just the minimum. If a man makes really good money, the woman doesn't ever have to work and can live in a beautiful apartment and take nice trips all year round.

I have seen women I knew in their 20s go from drinking cheap beer and living in ratty apartments to marrying rich men and taking trips all over the world. I wouldn't have believed it if you told me back then either.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I am in my 40s.

I think it way more now than I did when I was younger.

When I was in my teens and 20s, I didn't think women cared about $ at all. Looks yea. Charisma yes. But not money. It's one of the reasons I didn't work on my career maybe as much as I should have.

Things like security are nice. If a woman feels like she is going to have to take care of her and her children on her own, that is a feeling not too many women want to have. It's different for men. Men are expected to be the provider, at least hold down half the fort. Women can make nothing or almost nothing and it's OK.

That's just the minimum. If a man makes really good money, the woman doesn't ever have to work and can live in a beautiful apartment and take nice trips all year round.

I have seen women I knew in their 20s go from drinking cheap beer and living in ratty apartments to marrying rich men and taking trips all over the world. I wouldn't have believed it if you told me back then either.
Then clearly you have been around the wrong women. I know today's society is screwed up and built upon shallow and superficial things, but what is sitting around and complaining about it going to do? Seriously what do you expect to gain with this type of mindset?

Nothing.

In this so called "game" of love. It doesn't happen when you want it to happen, it doesn't happen when other want it to happen for you, it happens when IT happens. Until then stop worrying about it, if that person shows up awesome! If not. Oh well.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:55 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Then clearly you have been around the wrong women. I know today's society is screwed up and built upon shallow and superficial things, but what is sitting around and complaining about it going to do? Seriously what do you expect to gain with this type of mindset?

Nothing.

In this so called "game" of love. It doesn't happen when you want it to happen, it doesn't happen when other want it to happen for you, it happens when IT happens. Until then stop worrying about it, if that person shows up awesome! If not. Oh well.
Who's sitting around and complaining? I did something about it and I am now basically close/within the dollar figure range I gave.

I also disagree with your assessment of the game of love. I also used to think just like you on that point. The truth is it's more like working for a good job.

A lot of cute women think it will just happen because they get so many opportunities. And it does for a lot of them. But around a certain age, a lot of the 'good men' will start to be taken up, and if you are one of the women who was not aggressive about it, or too fatalistic when you were younger, you could be left without a chair.

I mean, you will still always have men to choose from, but they will be much less desirable than what you could have had if you were aggressive about it in your 20s/early 30s.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Who's sitting around and complaining? I did something about it and I am now basically close/within the dollar figure range I gave.

I also disagree with your assessment of the game of love. I also used to think just like you on that point. The truth is it's more like working for a good job.

A lot of cute women think it will just happen because they get so many opportunities. And it does for a lot of them. But around a certain age, a lot of the 'good men' will start to be taken up, and if you are one of the women who was not aggressive about it, or too fatalistic when you were younger, you could be left without a chair.

I mean, you will still always have men to choose from, but they will be much less desirable than what you could have had if you were aggressive about it in your 20s/early 30s.
All right if that's what you believe. I'm not arguing with you. You want the world to change. Be the change. I'm not gonna let something so ridiculous corrupt my mind.

I'd rather be by myself than be someone who loves me for my "money." If I end up alone, then so be it. I can handle it.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:09 AM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Aren't you like 16 or so???

I wouldn't trust a 16 yr old with any kind of life advice. If a 16 yr old was trapped in a wet paper bag I'd wonder if they'd be able to find their way out, let alone try and dole out some advice about beta's and nerds and money or whatever nonsense was leaking out of him.....

Go back to the X box and come back in about 8 yrs or so......

Old 04-27-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Aren't you like 16 or so???

Go back to the X box and come back in about 8 yrs or so......
Hey, even 16 YO's need the love of a good woman!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships