Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 07:04 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
50? I wish.

More like 125.
Then you better get to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 10:51 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
50? I wish.

More like 125.
Perfect.

Drop those 125 and then come back and let us know how you feel.

In the meantime, stop complaining when there's certainly issues you can address to help fix this problem.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:02 AM

6 posts, read 5,630 times
looks are important, but not the only important factor.

different people will place different weighting on the importance of looks, but the majority will still find it important.

as someone else has posted, "good looking" is an unconscious search for what we see as a healthy mate - as we want our offspring to be healthy

Old 05-04-2014, 07:11 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,165,328 times
I do not think looks are an "overrated" quality, however they are less important than morals, maturity, and a slew of other things. I would rather have an average looking man who would be a wonderful father and life partner than an 11/10 who didn't care about his future.

Looks are where it all starts though, looks and the chemistry of how we interact. If I find a man ugly, chances are I would never date him. That doesn't mean people don't find ME ugly (I'm sure they do, I won't be everyone's type, so don't think I'm condescending), or that another won't find the man I reject an 11/10.

I think a lot of the pressure we feel as we age is due to Hollywood and the public image. As a country, we are made to believe that everything is a "condition" that needs to be treated, such as aging. I firmly believe we should take care of ourselves as we age, however I find it ludicrous that so many are made to fear it. Pregnancy is also a "condition" that must be treated, where as all women hear about today are stretchmarks, your post baby body, baby weight.... it's a shame. All these natural body changes and we are made to think it's something to be ashamed of, or to fear and hide. I'm sure some people allow this to change their dating expectations (my mother once told me she could never date a gray haired man, and she is over 55...), however I think a lot of it is us working ourselves up over the commercials we see every day.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:56 AM

14 posts, read 11,625 times
Looks are definitely important. That's because humans are genetically hardwired to seek beauty. This preference has been ingrained into every woman's unconscious mind due to millions of years of evolution.

It's in our DNA to be attracted to beautiful people and nothing will ever change that.

And from my experience if a woman doesn't find you attractive (she thinks you are ugly) then she will either ignore your advancements right from the start or she will give you a rough treatment.

That has been my experience. I've never got the opportunity to date and have sex and all this is just because my looks are ugly.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:41 AM

14 posts, read 11,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clthypecentral View Post
Did you consider facial reconstructive surgery? If you are ugly in the face, definitely consider that. If you are short, go for limb lengthening. If you are short and ugly, you will have to go for leftovers that are divorced or settle for using your right hand for the rest of your life.
Damn it people like you are so stupid and shallow it's simply amazing.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:59 AM

957 posts, read 1,060,125 times
Looks are important, that's not to say a charming, outgoing personality doesn't matter. It does! It could just be that need to honestly be happy with yourself.

I said this in another thread, but the difference in my life after working out is mind blowing. I used to be 6'1 and 146 lbs. I looked like a bobble head! I felt a little more athletic back then though.. At least lighter on my feet and faster. I kinda miss it.

Now I'm 200 lbs with 10-12% Bodyfat.

Men respect me more, always call me to hangout instead if just calling me if they want to go snowboarding. Co-workers are more apt to listen to me and take my advice, I don't get brushed off anymore.

Women "accidentally" brush up against me, always start conversations and small talk with zero effort on my part. That NEVER happened 7-8 years ago. I don't get turned down much, but I'm not nearly aggressive enough to keep women interested. I'm working on that still!

No matter how PC people say they are, it's a shallow world. I'm sure people who loose a bunch of weight notice the same things I did.

Now why is this? Is it because I'm better looking? Is it because I have way more confidence and dress better since my clothes don't just hang off me anymore?

I don't know, but it's different.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:11 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,422 times
I think it's a bit ignorant of people to think or say that looks don't matter. If you are in great shape, dress in clothes that fit well and are stylish, have good grooming (white teeth, nice facial hair/clean shaven if not able to grow facial hair well, nice haircut/tight buzz if losing hair, etc), and are even average looking facial-wise, you shouldn't have a huge issue finding a decent woman who's into you.

If you are a terrible person or are dysfunctional in some/many ways, then your looks won't save you. They aren't THAT important.

You would be amazed by how much better you appear to the opposite sex when you do the absolute best with what you've got though, no need to have facial reconstructive surgery or something drastic/stupid like that.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:12 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,660,357 times
There has to be an attraction. Thats just how it is. We all have different things we are attracted to.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:19 PM

663 posts, read 777,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_girl View Post
I don't care for looks. I only have preferences. All my exes are tall except for my most recent ex. He's only a little taller than I am but I fell for him because of his other good qualities.

It's men who speak and write well that I have a weakness for and that has more to do with wit/intelligence.
Yes, you don't care for looks yet coincidentally all of your exe's coincidentally happened to be tall.

I am not a criminal but coincidentally, the last 10 malls that had their alarms triggered were from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships