Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 04:52 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wrong attitude.

Do it again tomorrow. Do it every day until you enjoy it and look forward to it.

Did you really think it was going to be easy on day one? That some extra effort wouldn't be required?
I enjoy riding my bike. The out of shape part is a bit inconvenient. I'm exhausted and need a bit to recover and hydrate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 04:54 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I enjoy riding my bike. The out of shape part is a bit inconvenient. I'm exhausted and need a bit to recover and hydrate.
Yeah, that's part of working out. It's gonna be uncomfortable for awhile. But crying on the internet to get some fantasy feel good pity from strangers is not going to make your life better.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:04 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
When I first got on my bike after years of not riding, my legs were sore and even my backside was hurting. I took a while to get back into it. Now, I can ride for miles. I can ride at least 15-30 miles a day easily. This stuff takes time.
With hills or without? IMO any lard ass can bike 100 miles in a day (and still get up for work the next) with only a few breaks on flat terrain (I did just that before my depression appeared @ 230 lbs)...

Biking up hill a bunch of times at 280 lbs...

Let's just say that after being sedentary (with poor dieting) for a while, even 5 miles with a bunch of hills will make you want to have a break before tackling more hills.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:26 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Jesus, 280#, unless youre a lineman at SEC school, get your crud together.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:42 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
Same thing with me ive gotten no likes on there and im in a huge area[nyc]and im in decent shape i really have no where to turn i gues my face is hideous lol

Old 04-28-2014, 05:49 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Take some water and/or some other fluids with you when you ride. That will make it a little better for you, especially in this coming hotter seasons... depending on where you are.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:51 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
You know it's funny, not too long ago there was thread about guys dating fat girls and most people were cool about it. But the OP mentions he's overweight and he's getting slaughtered. Double standard much?

Old 04-28-2014, 05:55 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
You know it's funny, not too long ago there was thread about guys dating fat girls and most people were cool about it. But the OP mentions he's overweight and he's getting slaughtered. Double standard much?

No, not at all. Not even close to a double standard. Completely different topic and issue.

Here is a guy that is depressed, miserable, thinks he is gross and unattractive. So we're telling him to change those things... get in shape, get to place where he likes himself and he's happy as a person with himself and then try to date.

The "guys dating fat chicks" had none of those things going on. There weren't any low self esteem overweight women moaning about why they couldn't get a date and making threads left and right about how no one was ever attracted to them.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:58 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
With hills or without? IMO any lard ass can bike 100 miles in a day (and still get up for work the next) with only a few breaks on flat terrain (I did just that before my depression appeared @ 230 lbs)...

Biking up hill a bunch of times at 280 lbs...

Let's just say that after being sedentary (with poor dieting) for a while, even 5 miles with a bunch of hills will make you want to have a break before tackling more hills.

You lived a sedentary life, that is on you. Now it is on you to adopt a more active lifestyle. This complaint you have is nothing special. Nothing new under the sun. Of course you are going to get winded and want to take breaks. As a matter of fact, it is okay to take breaks. Your body needs to get used to things. This shouldn't be any reason to give up, unless you don't really like riding or something.

Just don't try to take on too much at a time. Start small, then move up.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:05 PM

836 posts, read 1,119,079 times
Is it my imagination? You seem to spend a lot of time starting new topics about your inability to get dates, women have it better than men, etc, etc, etc.

Maybe it's time to focus on something else like a hobby.

Your constant depressing posts only assure that you will not be fit to have a relationship if someone does happen to show an interest in you. Change your attitude, because what you are doing serves no purpose other than to make you think you feel better. I have dated men with this sorry attitude and I didn't hang around.

But, I suppose I'm talking to a brick wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships