Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 03:08 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
LOL...depends who's sporting that satchel...

Super sexy:

Not-so-super sexy lol:
Bwahaha, okay good point.

I do like walking through my city and seeing the hipsters and young professional guys rushing off to their jobs with their satchels/messenger bags slung around their shoulders, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 03:41 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Parody thread.

The man with the briefcase (held by the hand) generally tends to be a professional office worker, probably a workaholic.

The man with the satchel could be rich or middle class, but he's always on the go. Unlike the man with the briefcase, he is less strict and less organized.

The backpack types tend to be students, but they could be hitch hikers as well.

Then there is the sack. The man with the sack doesn't take school or life seriously at all. A jock of sorts.

Last but not least, there are men with a fanny pack. They have stubble and leathery skin for some reason.

Anyone else agree?
You need a hobby.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:00 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_girl View Post
I disagree

None of our executives carry a briefcase anymore. Our VP carries a backpack. My boss, like most of our other AVPs carry a satchel.
Agree. My husband carries a back pack and has for years. He's not a hitchhiker or a student and hasn't been for some time.

As for the messenger bag, around these parts those folks are typically students (lots of schools in this area). I can't recall the last time I saw someone with a briefcase...they are a bit outdated, or so it seems.

Fanny packs...

Old 04-28-2014, 08:21 PM

324 posts, read 407,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Crotch rocket (Ducati)
Off topic: I once dated a guy that had a Ducati. He passed by my house once wearing his leather jacket and that day is marked on my memory I am amazed how the Ducati + Leather Jacket made him look so much sexy! I wouldn't care if he had a fanny pack then lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships