Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 11:01 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,200,684 times

Advertisements

Parody thread.

The man with the briefcase (held by the hand) generally tends to be a professional office worker, probably a workaholic.

The man with the satchel could be rich or middle class, but he's always on the go. Unlike the man with the briefcase, he is less strict and less organized.

The backpack types tend to be students, but they could be hitch hikers as well.

Then there is the sack. The man with the sack doesn't take school or life seriously at all. A jock of sorts.

Last but not least, there are men with a fanny pack. They have stubble and leathery skin for some reason.

Anyone else agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 11:16 PM

320 posts, read 404,097 times
I disagree

None of our executives carry a briefcase anymore. Our VP carries a backpack. My boss, like most of our other AVPs carry a satchel.

This thread made me laugh a little because in the 90s my former trainer in the gym wears a fanny pack all the time! He has retired now but it's still part of his outfit I don't know if it was hip to wear a fanny pack in the 80s? He seems to be stuck in a certain time period. Good thing is his looks got stuck there too. He doesn't seem to age!

Old 04-27-2014, 11:20 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,200,684 times
I pass by the downtown area all the time. Old geezers still carry briefcases.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:29 PM

320 posts, read 404,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I pass by the downtown area all the time. Old geezers still carry briefcases.
Oh. That's probably why. None of the executives in our department are older than 50.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:51 AM

22,331 posts, read 47,280,769 times
Quote:

Anyone else agree?
Nope.
I only see fanny packs on hikers/bikers, and I cannot remember the last time I saw a briefcase.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:56 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,839,251 times
Fannypacks are surprisingly very popular here in Chile.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:01 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,806,544 times
I lug around a thick, heavy briefcase. People have commented that it belongs in a museum. Little do they suspect there is a special plate meant to stop multiple rounds from a high powered rifle in a hidden compartment.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:07 AM

61,292 posts, read 86,187,392 times
I do see professionals with a briefcases, rolling business cases, or a messenger bags. Where else should they carry their business?

Old 04-28-2014, 09:08 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,781,136 times
I love parody... funny thread HK!

Not joking though, one guy I dated used to carry a backpack with him--although he left it in his truck. He said it was basically his man purse . I still wonder what he had in it. He used to pull out his wallet and then lock the bag in his truck. I just can't imagine needing to carry a backpack full of stuff around with me all the time (then again, I don't get those huge 20 pound purses either).

Old 04-28-2014, 09:12 AM

6,031 posts, read 6,097,575 times
Quote:
Parody thread.

The man with the briefcase (held by the hand) generally tends to be a professional office worker, probably a workaholic.

The man with the satchel could be rich or middle class, but he's always on the go. Unlike the man with the briefcase, he is less strict and less organized.

The backpack types tend to be students, but they could be hitch hikers as well.

Then there is the sack. The man with the sack doesn't take school or life seriously at all. A jock of sorts.

Last but not least, there are men with a fanny pack. They have stubble and leathery skin for some reason.

Anyone else agree?
Parody, with a nugget of truth I suspect.

In IT, bags are something of an expression of individuality. On the west coast, anyway. The more hard-core tech, the less they care about appearances. A cliche that is true. Most use utilitarian backbacks. Boring, but highly efficient.

I carry a SaddleBack Leather large briefcase, or sometimes one of their large thin briefcase. Both fit laptops. Classic, quirky, and the only man-bag that I've ever gotten complements on from other guys (every couple months, which for guys is "often").

For me, the backback only comes out for overseas or weekend travel, and/or weekends around the area. When efficiency trumps style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships