Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 01:38 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobalistic View Post
Why do I need help what have I done except feel a certain way? Who really needs help me or my mother, Its stupid to tell the abused to get help and not the abuser.
Just get evaluated. You might have PTSD from your family experience. It can't hurt to get eval'ed. You sound like some vets you read about, who get by by being high all the time, and have anger underneath it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobalistic View Post
Why do I need help what have I done except feel a certain way? Who really needs help me or my mother, Its stupid to tell the abused to get help and not the abuser.
Dude, your mother isn't posting here, so we can't tell her. You, OTOH, are bleeding all over the thread, so we're telling you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 01:49 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

What if we all just gave up, because we might fail?
Then we all go and post it on CD-Rel for all to see.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:50 PM

73 posts, read 87,801 times
You don't need therapy, OP. The mental health community is one giant scam that seeks to part fools from their money.

Don't waste your time or money.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:56 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Is it really htat hard for guys to just settle a few points lower on the attractive scale? I had these exact same problems from 18-20 and I just decided I was going to be ok being intimate with large women. At first is was hard but I settled into it. The first one I just could not keep seeing her but I got used to it with future women and it was way better than my hand.
Once again, I'm disturbed by the way you talk about the women you date. It's like, "Yeah, they may be fat and unattractive, but at least that's better than my hand!" I'm sure you're not the only man who feels this way, but I just feel bad for these women.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:57 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Once again, I'm disturbed by the way you talk about the women you date. It's like, "Yeah, they may be fat and unattractive, but at least that's better than my hand!" I'm sure you're not the only man who feels this way, but I just feel bad for these women.
No kidding!

Old 05-01-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
You don't need therapy, OP. The mental health community is one giant scam that seeks to part fools from their money.

Don't waste your time or money.
PTSD therapy saves lives. A good therapist (for sure, not always easy to find) can turn a life around. It beats smoking weed through life, and crying on internet forums about dating fail. Oh, need more weed to drown out the sorrow from 40 rejections! That's the solution to everything--weed. Good one.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
PTSD therapy saves lives. A good therapist (for sure, not always easy to find) can turn a life around. It beats smoking weed through life, and crying on internet forums about dating fail. Oh, need more weed to drown out the sorrow from 40 rejections! That's the solution to everything--weed. Good one.
1. You have no clue whether OP has PTSD or not, and it's tremendously irresponsible to imply that he does. I assume you're not a doctor.

2. Kindly point out where I told him that weed was a better option, and I'll happily retract.

I told OP that the mental health community is a scam, and I stick by that.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:13 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Returning to the original topic: perhaps we ought to savor the paradox, that precisely the best way to succeed, is to give up?

Old 05-01-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Returning to the original topic: perhaps we ought to savor the paradox, that precisely the best way to succeed, is to give up?

The only way to succeed at the game the OP is describing, is to not play.

The very best thing for OP to do is to close the book on the dating/mating/relating game. It's the only way to win.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
1. You have no clue whether OP has PTSD or not, and it's tremendously irresponsible to imply that he does. I assume you're not a doctor.

2. Kindly point out where I told him that weed was a better option, and I'll happily retract.

I told OP that the mental health community is a scam, and I stick by that.
Allow me to interpret my post for you, my good man. The PTSD example was to counter your statement that the mental health community is a ripoff. Though some therapists are flakes, some save lives. Others help people turn their lives around and get at the root of self-defeating behaviors. Just saying.

You didn't say weed was a better option. But you told him to ignore the one option that could make a positive difference in his life. Leaving him with what? His weed. You may've had bad luck with the shrink community, but that doesn't negate all the good it's done other people. It's like MD's; a lot of 'em aren't worth shyt when the going gets tough. But some really have their act together, they really help people. Unfortunately, the ones who fit in the latter bunch are those who don't take insurance. But that's another topic for another forum.

Just because there are bad apples in the barrel doesn't mean fruit is bad for you. You just have to weed out the bad apples. I'm sure you can follow that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships