Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 09:47 PM

306 posts, read 299,486 times

Advertisements

I will say this again for the people who can't read or didn't bother too this is for men with no success in dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 09:49 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobalistic View Post
Are there any men who have given up on dating after no success I have went through over forty rejections with no success.
Was this via online dating? Did these women reject you before or after they met you in person?

Old 04-28-2014, 09:50 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Then why are you still reading everyone accused me not being useful in other threads what are you doing?
What?

Old 04-28-2014, 09:50 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,282 times
Nah, I just take breaks when I don't feel like going through the motions. I'm not really looking for dates now, too busy getting my summer activities started up! I enjoy dating once I'm actually there, but I really have to talk myself into not flaking. I hate when women do that to me so I always follow through.

I guess it's not something I base my life around. I'm perfectly happy alone, it's been this way for 30 some years, I'm sure I'll be fine either way.

I haven't really been unsuccessful though.. I think you just need to start talking to everyone and working on yourself. (Workout, find a hobby, stop feeling sorry for yourself, etc)

Old 04-28-2014, 10:31 PM

377 posts, read 620,021 times
Quote:
Are there any men who have given up on dating after no success I have went through over forty rejections with no success so I decided to give up. This is for men only so if you have had success in dating or are a women this isn't for you.
Hey, at least you tried. I haven't. When you go your entire life treated as some kind of leper or disease by almost every girl and later woman that you run into, you generally get the idea that you're not the type of man women are attracted to.

I'd rather keep what little dignity I have than to be rejected in the worst possible manner.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:14 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,779,770 times
Quote:
I will say this again for the people who can't read or didn't bother too this is for men with no success in dating.
If people listened to that rule, this thread would have been you talking to a bunch of 16 year olds.

Seriously, suck it up. If you keep going on dates with a variety of different people, and keep having issues, the only constant in the situation is you. Despite pop culture, sometimes you do have to change aspects of yourself in order to find someone who loves you.

An extreme example, but if you're fat, lazy, and boring and have standards of a super model, who's funny, intelligent, and wants to play video games all the time, the odds are, you're probably not going to find anyone.

Figure out what's wrong in your standards or what's wrong in you, or just give up and go away.

The fact that pretty much no one on here falls into the category of guys who gave up for ever should give you your answer that everyone eventually has success. It's just a question of what were they doing wrong before hand and what did they change.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:01 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
It's still good to be social and nice. If you don't feel like cold approaching 10 women a week, don't. But giving people a smile or talking when you're waiting in line is always good to do. People who are more social are typically happier people.
This. And this is how you meet potential partners--when you least expect it, and you're just being friendly and sociable without expectations.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:02 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times
Only ones that can afford regular prostitution.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:12 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeo123 View Post
If people listened to that rule, this thread would have been you talking to a bunch of 16 year olds.

Seriously, suck it up. If you keep going on dates with a variety of different people, and keep having issues, the only constant in the situation is you. Despite pop culture, sometimes you do have to change aspects of yourself in order to find someone who loves you.

An extreme example, but if you're fat, lazy, and boring and have standards of a super model, who's funny, intelligent, and wants to play video games all the time, the odds are, you're probably not going to find anyone.

Figure out what's wrong in your standards or what's wrong in you, or just give up and go away.
The fact that pretty much no one on here falls into the category of guys who gave up for ever should give you your answer that everyone eventually has success. It's just a question of what were they doing wrong before hand and what did they change.
He already has.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:13 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
It's still good to be social and nice. If you don't feel like cold approaching 10 women a week, don't. But giving people a smile or talking when you're waiting in line is always good to do. People who are more social are typically happier people.
Some people aren't very social and are happier as loners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships