Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 07:52 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,780,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeo123
If people listened to that rule, this thread would have been you talking to a bunch of 16 year olds.

Seriously, suck it up. If you keep going on dates with a variety of different people, and keep having issues, the only constant in the situation is you. Despite pop culture, sometimes you do have to change aspects of yourself in order to find someone who loves you.

An extreme example, but if you're fat, lazy, and boring and have standards of a super model, who's funny, intelligent, and wants to play video games all the time, the odds are, you're probably not going to find anyone.

Figure out what's wrong in your standards or what's wrong in you, or just give up and go away.
The fact that pretty much no one on here falls into the category of guys who gave up for ever should give you your answer that everyone eventually has success. It's just a question of what were they doing wrong before hand and what did they change.
He already has.
He's halfway there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 08:28 AM

306 posts, read 299,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeo123 View Post
He's halfway there.
I am there I just never knew that someone giving up or the idea of someone giving up on dating could bring out the anger in people and they say im not happy.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:56 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobalistic View Post
Why are you whining about me giving up?
I'm not whining about you giving up. If you look at my first post in the thread I said it's not a bad idea to stop worrying about dating and better to just enjoy a hobby or free time.

I only was laughing because you started asking questions that belong on a disney channel movie.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:02 AM

73 posts, read 87,801 times
I didn't quit dating for lack of success. Rather, I came into contact with a very bad woman and got ran through the wringer with the whole situation. I got destroyed by a woman who never loved me, and in fact probably doesn't have the capacity to love anyone.

That was almost 3 years ago, and I haven't really had the will to date since then. I'm not really sure how to describe it, but I lost my "mojo." I lost my sex drive, my desire to pursue women and relationships, and I lost my will to have a wife/family in the future. I, in fact, lost the inclination to have any close relationships with anyone, male or female, but am most closed-off/guarded with females.

I avoid women as much as I can, which due to the way I have my life structured, is pretty easy.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'm not whining about you giving up. If you look at my first post in the thread I said it's not a bad idea to stop worrying about dating and better to just enjoy a hobby or free time.

I only was laughing because you started asking questions that belong on a disney channel movie.
Look you can insult me all you want but my mother insulted me and abused me way worse than anybody could so if it makes you feel better knock yourself out just don't expect it to bother me.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
I didn't quit dating for lack of success. Rather, I came into contact with a very bad woman and got ran through the wringer with the whole situation. I got destroyed by a woman who never loved me, and in fact probably doesn't have the capacity to love anyone.

That was almost 3 years ago, and I haven't really had the will to date since then. I'm not really sure how to describe it, but I lost my "mojo." I lost my sex drive, my desire to pursue women and relationships, and I lost my will to have a wife/family in the future. I, in fact, lost the inclination to have any close relationships with anyone, male or female, but am most closed-off/guarded with females.

I avoid women as much as I can, which due to the way I have my life structured, is pretty easy.
Any advice?

Old 04-29-2014, 09:33 AM

73 posts, read 87,801 times
Quote:
Any advice?

Not sure what kind of advice you're looking for. If you want what advice I'd give to you as a guy in my position, who's had quite a bit of "success" in attracting women, to a guy like you, who's had none, I'd give you this:

Forget about it, you're not missing anything.

Actually, the loss of my sex drive was a great relief to me, sort of like slowly being released from the grip of an alligator. Without it, there's no reason to even look at women or drive to go through all the stupid crap that is involved with pursuing, dating and relating with women.

It's great!

Old 04-29-2014, 09:37 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Are there any men who have given up on dating after no success I have went through over forty rejections with no success so I decided to give up. This is for men only so if you have had success in dating or are a women this isn't for you.
I have given up for the time being. I am trying to overcome anxiety with women.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
Not sure what kind of advice you're looking for. If you want what advice I'd give to you as a guy in my position, who's had quite a bit of "success" in attracting women, to a guy like you, who's had none, I'd give you this:

Forget about it, you're not missing anything.

Actually, the loss of my sex drive was a great relief to me, sort of like slowly being released from the grip of an alligator. Without it, there's no reason to even look at women or drive to go through all the stupid crap that is involved with pursuing, dating and relating with women.

It's great!
I meant how did you get rid of your sex drive if I can get rid of that women will be invisible to me and thats all I want.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:18 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,875 times
Quote:
Are there any men who have given up on dating after no success I have went through over forty rejections with no success so I decided to give up. This is for men only so if you have had success in dating or are a women this isn't for you.
ONLY 40?? Man up and keep trying! You've barely warmed up, change out your pics, update your profile, add other interesting pics, get active in the dating forums. GIVE it more time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships