Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 04:30 PM

73 posts, read 87,814 times

Advertisements

[quote=highlife2;34601786]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post

That and the fact that there are a disproportionate number of men who have become a sort of social out cast as far as good jobs and desirable women. As the currancy crumbles who do you think is going to be recruited by the unknown future power to be their muscle. In germany it was the SS and the SA who were hitlers thugs.

What do you think guys with nothing to loose are going to do?
Exactly. An excess of jobless, untethered, loveless men is not a good thing to have around when social upheaval come a knockin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 08:03 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Nah, that's what T.V. is for.

Seriously though, my parents were married 46 years when dad passed. Their marriage did not teach me how to have a successful happy marriage because they were not genuinely happy. There was not cheating or abuse it was basically Dad was the breadwinner thus head of household and mom kept her place. They were both good parents and raised us kids to be stable productive citizens but looking at their marriage I knew I would rather divorce than live in a marriage that was basically just going thru the motions. I'm sure that is a step above being a product of divorce though.
I get that, but don't discount the advantage you had because you had a stable two parent upbringing.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:38 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
That and the fact that there are a disproportionate number of men who have become a sort of social out cast as far as good jobs and desirable women. As the currancy crumbles who do you think is going to be recruited by the unknown future power to be their muscle. In germany it was the SS and the SA who were hitlers thugs.

What do you think guys with nothing to loose are going to do when they are granted access to the "party" and only members of that party will be getting good jobs and thus the only ones that can provide any security for a woman. Oh and by the way the hot douch who was landing all the women before just may have his door kicked in and be sent off some where and womens rights will disappear over night (divorce protection, etc, etc).
This thread has taken a rather sinister turn, hasn't it?

Old 04-30-2014, 08:44 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
This thread has taken a rather sinister turn, hasn't it?
I guess, but what do you think will happen when large groups of men are pissed off?

Old 04-30-2014, 08:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
I guess, but what do you think will happen when large groups of men are pissed off?
Same thing that happens now:

- Some will get counseling, and learn how to identify and heal the emotional problems that make them unattractive to women.

- Some will become christian terr*rists (or whatever their local religion is).

- Some will become other kinds of criminals and go to jail.

- Some will admit to themselves that they are gay, and find a husband and a happy life.

- Some will continue to live in their parents' basement forever.

It's true that, as you imply, guys like this are very vulnerable to being manipulated into hate crimes, because of the way they try to pin their rage on a target outside of themselves. But there are a host of other societal issues that have to come into play before they can all get manipulated by the same leader.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:03 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
They'll post on the internet?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-30-2014, 10:05 PM

867 posts, read 909,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post

- Some will get counseling, and learn how to identify and heal the emotional problems that make them unattractive to women.

- Some will admit to themselves that they are gay, and find a husband and a happy life.

It's true that, as you imply, guys like this are very vulnerable to being manipulated into hate crimes, because of the way they try to pin their rage on a target outside of themselves. But there are a host of other societal issues that have to come into play before they can all get manipulated by the same leader.
Some times Ms. Nila Jones you make complete sense.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:13 PM

147 posts, read 215,594 times
I think the problems have always been there in relationships but with all the outlets for opinions we just hear way more than we want or need to now. Facebook is a prime example. Anytime anyone tries to convey personal conversations and feelings via an impersonal, sometimes public, method it is not good.
I think also that the tact we used to have as a society overall is gone. Now it is common to be rude and mean just because we can and have the "freedom" to express it. Feelings do not matter as much for individuals but yet for groups of one kind or another they are very important and must be respected. Of course it seems like relationships are tanking.
Personally I have a great marriage with my husband and my parents have a good one as well. That being said more couples I know are divorced than still married to the same person. It seems like there is a lot of giving up when things get hard and I think part of it is due to instant gratification lifestyle we have. News is ready at the flip of a switch, phones can do almost anything, on demand everything, it has made us a society of impatient people. This lack of patience must transfer to our personal lives too.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:32 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
They'll post on the internet?

Old 05-01-2014, 06:47 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post

A bunch will go into the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships