Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 2,371 times

Advertisements

I've been married for a year to a man I've known since we were kids!!! I was friends with his wife, too, who died 3 years ago. He's retired now and we travel a lot, but I just don't feel the romantic love that I've felt for other men. I feel like we are buddies! The truth is I love him as a friend and feel sorry for him, but I'm not attracted to him physically or sexually. I miss my old life and I wish we had stayed friends. He really tries to make me happy (bought me a Porsche 911 as a wedding gift), but he is still feeling grief and guilt over his wife's death. I feel like I am acting out a role as his wife and nothing more. So maybe friendship is enough? I've even kept my maiden name. I think I made a mistake marrying him. I'm not sure what to do!!! Talk to him about it? Or, give it more time?

Old 05-01-2014, 12:14 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,583,156 times
You may get better responses if you post in a different forum.

What was your first or your previous marriages like? Was it passionate? Did it end in divorce?

Did it start in flaming passion and end in flaming hatred?

Comfortable familiarity is not the worst thing in the world.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:23 PM

3 posts, read 2,371 times
I will post in a more suitable forum then! I was surprised to see my real name appear. Is there a way to change my User ID so I am anonymous?

Old 05-02-2014, 05:10 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Yes, there is a relationship forum here in C-D.

BTW, who says all marriages have to be passionate and sexual? Nothing wrong with marrying a "buddy" if you're both mature and don't want kids.

Without knowing much about your situation, if he is nice enough to be your buddy and he also bought you a Porsche ... I say KEEP HIM!!! (Find yourself a boy toy on the side, but oh!, be discreet!!!!!

Old 05-02-2014, 05:31 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,545,653 times
This thread has been moved from a city forum and closed until the moderator has a chance to see it.

Rebecca, if you'd like to change your user name, contact a senior mod - Yac or Marka via direct message and ask them to do that. Here's more info about the forum: //www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.