Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 02:36 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,767,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I don't know how women feel about men like you but as a man, it's really hard to have respect for your type. You are wishy washy, afraid to be honest with your own feelings, afraid to take what you want, afraid to give up what you can't have. Maybe you can't help it but I can see many women placing you in the friend zone.

Me too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 02:37 PM

54 posts, read 105,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
it's really hard to have respect for your type
The type who isn't especially interested in sex and just wants a very close, non-sexual, non-romantic friendship with a member of the opposite sex?

You say you can see me being "friendzoned" by a lot of girls, but in this case, I don't mind it. That's what I want from her. She might be "friendzoning" me, but I'm doing the same to her. It's mutual.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:49 PM

5,204 posts, read 4,665,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoji Kaji View Post
You say you can see me being "friendzoned" by a lot of girls, but in this case, I don't mind it. That's what I want from her. She might be "friendzoning" me, but I'm doing the same to her. It's mutual.
You are still lying to yourself. You mentioned wanting to cuddle, hoping to kiss, getting turned on. You wouldn't mind having sex if she was willing but won't push for it. You didn't say it but you are jealous of her boyfriend. You are not a true friend. You are just settling for friendship because that is all you are getting.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:50 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Quote:
The type who isn't especially interested in sex and just wants a very close, non-sexual, non-romantic friendship with a member of the opposite sex?

Let me get this straight. All you want to do is cuddle without being intimate?

Old 05-01-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Let me get this straight. All you want to do is cuddle without being intimate?
Yes, assuming you're using the word "intimate" as a euphemism for sex, because I would say that cuddling is plenty intimate itself, especially if we're talking about spooning while sleeping.

In the moment, if I'm not in an entirely sober, awake mind, I realize I might try to kiss too, but I realize that that wouldn't be a good idea. That is NOT something that I want to happen.

I am not lying to myself. I do not want to be her boyfriend, and I'm not looking for sex either. Kissing would probably feel pretty good, but I think that would be the thing that would open the door to jealousy and really awful emotional bullcrap that comes with romantic attachment. And I don't want that even a little bit.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:14 PM

592 posts, read 802,328 times
Quote:
Yes, assuming you're using the word "intimate" as a euphemism for sex, because I would say that cuddling is plenty intimate itself, especially if we're talking about spooning while sleeping.

In the moment, if I'm not in an entirely sober, awake mind, I realize I might try to kiss too, but I realize that that wouldn't be a good idea. That is NOT something that I want to happen.

I am not lying to myself. I do not want to be her boyfriend, and I'm not looking for sex either. Kissing would probably feel pretty good, but I think that would be the thing that would open the door to jealousy and really awful emotional bullcrap that comes with romantic attachment. And I don't want that even a little bit.
No disrespect but this is just weird. Please let her go.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:19 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Quote:

So, you would reject any sexual advances your friend makes during this time of cuddling? I'm just trying to dissect this so I can understand.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:28 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,767,820 times
I have had male acquaintances and male companions when I was younger, but I never slept with any of them in the same bed.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So, you would reject any sexual advances your friend makes during this time of cuddling? I'm just trying to dissect this so I can understand.
I would intend to. I sure hope I can keep my wits about me well enough to do so. I might have to consciously control my intoxication level so that I don't get too out of control, but that's not so bad.

I don't think that SHE would make any advances though. As I said before, she's never expressed any sort of physical attraction. Just because she cuddled me back doesn't mean that she has any interest in bedding me. Plus, I just found out that the guy she's seeing is going to be around this weekend, so I really don't think she'd try to jump my bones while he's around, and if she did, that would make it all the easier to refuse.

Last edited by Ryoji Kaji; 05-01-2014 at 04:55 PM..

Old 05-01-2014, 05:05 PM

592 posts, read 802,328 times
Quote:
I would intend to. I sure hope I can keep my wits about me well enough to do so. I might have to consciously control my intoxication level so that I don't get too out of control, but that's not so bad.

I don't think that SHE would make any advances though. As I said before, she's never expressed any sort of physical attraction. Just because she cuddled me back doesn't mean that she has any interest in bedding me. Plus, I just found out that the guy she's seeing is going to be around this weekend, so I really don't think she'd try to jump my bones while he's around, and if she did, that would make it all the easier to refuse.
She probably knows that if she makes an advance, you won't have any backbone to realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships