Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 05:14 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,158,739 times

Advertisements

I dont know why governments do this, its idiotic. I know their stated goal for this is increasing population but you can just as easily increase immigration quotas and that wouldnt cost a cent. It really should be your problem if you can't get your bone played with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 05:27 PM

52,198 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
I dont know why governments do this, its idiotic. I know their stated goal for this is increasing population but you can just as easily increase immigration quotas and that wouldnt cost a cent. It really should be your problem if you can't get your bone played with.
Wise words.

Plus how often do you get say the words "bone played with"

Old 05-03-2014, 05:29 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I'm an unabashed statist, in the tradition of Hobbes and Hegel. So, yes, I fully support a government Ministry of Mating, which matches people for marriage, and ensures that the relationship endures.
Would there be a grandfather clause for those of us already in a relationship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
How do they ensure the relationship endures?
Simple: Pass a law and then once it's passed read it to see what's in it!

Old 05-03-2014, 05:35 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Giving the Government too much power was dangerous – even in the interests of “National Security”.

There is too much government power and too little individual freedom already. Government should butt out, and you find your own romantic relationships.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Giving the Government too much power was dangerous – even in the interests of “National Security”.

There is too much government power and too little individual freedom already. Government should butt out, and you find your own romantic relationships.
Word... LOL

I always laugh my ass off when they show the cogress or the senate sitting around and grilling ball players about steroid abuse in sports.

Who give a rip.

Fix the roads, stimulate the economy, or any other various real world concerns.

Jim getting his groove on.... I don't care about Jim or his jimmy..........

Old 05-03-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Word... LOL

I always laugh my ass off when they show the cogress or the senate sitting around and grilling ball players about steroid abuse in sports.

Who give a rip.

Fix the roads, stimulate the economy, or any other various real world concerns.

Jim getting his groove on.... I don't care about Jim or his jimmy..........
Yeah, in California, we cannot even carry UNLOADED guns now, it is considered illegal.

Can you imagine Government issues us a husband or wife? Man, what if government changes its mind, I will be husbandless in one year LOL haha

Old 05-03-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah, in California, we cannot even carry UNLOADED guns now, it is considered illegal.

Can you imagine Government issues us a husband or wife? Man, what if government changes its mind, I will be husbandless in one year LOL haha
I know Kalifornia is bad, but I wasn't aware of any attempts to take it this far. The state is run by a bunch of incompetent statists, but I am not aware of them openly saying they stand against the U.S. Constitution. You're there, I'm not. What have I missed since I left?

Old 05-03-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I know Kalifornia is bad, but I wasn't aware of any attempts to take it this far. The state is run by a bunch of incompetent statists, but I am not aware of them openly saying they stand against the U.S. Constitution. You're there, I'm not. What have I missed since I left?
Oh yeah, it is really bad and crazy.

I just started a thread

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ct-double.html

People have a lot to say..

Yes, constitution Especially second amendment right is subject to change without notice. So no, I don't want government to butt into my personal business.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah, it is really bad and crazy.

I just started a thread

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ct-double.html

People have a lot to say..

Yes, constitution Especially second amendment right is subject to change without notice. So no, I don't want government to butt into my personal business.
Interesting comparison between the 1st and 2nd Amendment. You should read my singular blog post. It deals exactly with that subject.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Kalifornia is the epitome of a nanny state.

I don't care about guns per se, I'm gun neutral.

This idiots here are really going to drive this state into the ground.

We just recently lost Toyota. They had their North American Headquarters here in So Cal.

They left and relocated to Texas taking 5500 jobs with them, and the dumbass governor here didn't say ****....... dummies.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships