Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2014, 06:37 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Not 30s, not a guy, and not single, but I had to chime in here because I thought there were a lot of well thought out, sincere posts. Marriage definitely is not for everyone.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-03-2014, 06:44 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Not 30s, not a guy, and not single, but I had to chime in here because I thought there were a lot of well thought out, sincere posts. Marriage definitely is not for everyone.
Ditto.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:56 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
I am glad to hear the reasons why you guys don't want to marry, and none of them are that you hate women.

I am a woman BTW.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:19 AM

162 posts, read 348,874 times
I'm 28 so I'm close enough I believe. Right now I'm in a panic to make the last of my 20s memorable then buckle down and get a good career going. I just got out of a serious relationship, for I wasn't in love with her anymore. I figured I need to take time to satisfy my own needs and desires.

I fell out of dancing maybe 4 years ago, and now I want to continue again and see if i still got a little soul left. Tightened up my diet, go to the gym in the morning, work a 9 hour day, come home and practice dancing for 2-3 hours. Rinse and repeat. So with that, i don't have time for much else.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:54 AM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
I tend to agree with what most of the other guys are saying here. Most of it rings pretty true.

However, I will say: I would absolutely love to have a long-term partner. I actually like being in love, having the camaraderie & companionship, someone to enjoy going out, going to events, traveling the world with, sharing a future and life experiences with... and let's face it, WAY more sex in the convenience of a solidified relationship (at least that's been my experience).

On the kids side of it, I don't really want them, and even if I did, I don't know where they fit into my life. Like a lot of my friends, my brother and his friends, co-workers, etc., I want to couple up and do all the above things without kids (babies, especially) before having them... so by the time I would be having kids with said woman, I'd end up being a rich geezer with a boat on the Caribbean when they were in their teens, maybe even earlier. How does that work exactly? Pawn them off on someone else?
I'm female and in a long-term relationship. I've found out that, apparently, I'm an introvert, and apparently introverts often just have one close friend at a time, rather than lots of friends. Because of this, it works out just great for me to have this one person, my partner, with whom I can have the camaraderie and companionship you're talking about. One man, who is both my "one friend" and my loving/sexual partner. That worked out pretty well.

And I'm glad that you're thinking about your (possible) kids' welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Me, too. These posts are actually refreshing. No gender hate, just personal reasons on why they don't want to marry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I am glad to hear the reasons why you guys don't want to marry, and none of them are that you hate women.

I am a woman BTW.
Again, ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrude1 View Post
I'm 28 so I'm close enough I believe. Right now I'm in a panic to make the last of my 20s memorable then buckle down and get a good career going. I just got out of a serious relationship, for I wasn't in love with her anymore. I figured I need to take time to satisfy my own needs and desires.

I fell out of dancing maybe 4 years ago, and now I want to continue again and see if i still got a little soul left. Tightened up my diet, go to the gym in the morning, work a 9 hour day, come home and practice dancing for 2-3 hours. Rinse and repeat. So with that, i don't have time for much else.
Again, you're doing what you want/need to do with your life right now. Good luck with the dancing!

Old 05-04-2014, 10:46 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,761 times
Quote:

I am a woman BTW.

Not everyone wants a conventional life - male or female.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:01 AM

957 posts, read 1,059,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie071tone View Post
Do you want to get married?
Yeah, I would like to be in a committed relationship. Married or not.

Quote:
..are you just waiting for the right one?…
I guess you could say that, I'm not really aggressively looking for the one, but if I should find someone it would be awesome!

Quote:
do you like the bachelor life?
Well, It's all I've really ever known. I enjoy life as is, but I don't know what something else would be like.

Quote:
Have you stopped taking dating serious by your mid 30s b/c all the games women play (or for other reasons)?
Nah, I spent my late teens and entire twenties traveling all over the world. I was never in the same place longer than 6 months. I used to be painfully shy around people I didn't know as well. That led to nothing but drunken 1 night stands that were few and far between and I dated one woman for 5-6 weeks.

Quote:
For the single men in their 30s on this Forum....what do you want out of dating and what are you willing to put in to get what you want?
I want to recapture what I missed out on in my youth, get some experience with dating and relationships and eventually find someone with share life with. Either way, I'll be just fine though.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:12 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post

Not everyone wants a conventional life - male or female.
Amen to that.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:08 PM

432 posts, read 491,485 times
Quote:

I am a woman BTW.
Indeed. I don't hate women at all (misogyny and misandry are as disgusting as racism and classism)... or moreover, people in general. Every new person is a blank slate with me.

It just makes me really sad to see how angry and utterly negative most women are in general, though, reading through their respective profiles... and how many demands and caveats are the status quo with regard to just going on a date. No matter how good I am, or how good I get, that translates to going on about one date a year, on average. I can completely empathize with the rest of these guys on signing off on the idea of ever meeting 'the one'.

Quote:
I'm female and in a long-term relationship. I've found out that, apparently, I'm an introvert, and apparently introverts often just have one close friend at a time, rather than lots of friends. Because of this, it works out just great for me to have this one person, my partner, with whom I can have the camaraderie and companionship you're talking about. One man, who is both my "one friend" and my loving/sexual partner. That worked out pretty well.
I'm an ambivert... and that generally plays out as having a few close friends that I spend maybe two-thirds of time with, and a good number of acquaintances and just random social encounters that fill the balance, usually encountered whilst flying solo. But that is true of my relationships, my girlfriend must also be one of, if not, my best friend. I end up doing many and most things with her. The only reason the idea of "marriage" doesn't come into scope as it's a fairly religious fixture, and I'm not a religious guy... and I'm also of the opinion that it's the government's domain either. I do understand, and am open to, the ritual of commitment and long-term bonding.

Quote:
I want to recapture what I missed out on in my youth, get some experience with dating and relationships and eventually find someone with share life with. Either way, I'll be just fine though.
Exactly, I was fortunate to do that when I was younger and learned a lot about what works and what doesn't in relationships.

Personally,my late twenties is where I got caught up. Long term bonding, stable/reliable incomes, taking time to experience life together. It just took a little longer to get my career on track, partially because industrial design is a rockstar-tough profession to get settled into, and the recession, which bit 5-years out of my ascendancy. But now I'm here: Good money, good shape, no baggage, no compromises, no regrets, bright future... which apparently is repulsive to women.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:45 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
Well what i do for i living right now not good enough. On top of that if I wanted to make a buck working retail I would need to work 7 days a week so no do not want to do that.

It is like this do not get college done I will not help bring kids into this world because I want them to grow up with all the thing I did not have . On top of that I want to be in there life's and not work 100 hours a week provide for them. I know I would make a great dad but it is irresponsible to have kids when you cant afford them that is just me.

I am getting there and one day it will happen now it is time to put work .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.