Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 11:27 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
.. don't even get me started on the nonsense that the Muslims believe in.... Good grief... what a joke those pinheads are......

Women being chattel and the like.....
You know that was in christianity, too, until fairly recently, right? Some christian groups still believe it. And many muslims don't. Mohammed's wives were badazz community leaders and businesspeople, back in the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 11:35 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
You know that was in Christianity, too, until fairly recently, right? Some Christian groups still believe it. And many Muslims don't. Mohammed's wives were badazz community leaders and businesspeople, back in the day.
Lets not get into a fight about history..... cause historically speaking the Christians have been worse than the Muslims..... just saying I get that.....

I also get the big picture......

Old 05-03-2014, 12:08 AM

774 posts, read 906,572 times
The truths of the relationship world which nobody admits?

Ok, nobody settles anymore BUT most singles erroneously think that OTHER singles settle.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:55 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
So has anyone figured out which old poster the OP is yet?

Old 05-03-2014, 01:17 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Here is a truth for you:

My husband is very attractive to me physically, he is the perfect man for me, not perfect but the perfect man for me.
I am not stupid enough to believe that my husband is attractive to every woman on the planet because he is not.
He is not the preferred height (by some on this forum), he is older than a lot would be attracted to, he is balding, has a beard and moustache, has a wee bit of a belly and has dental work in progress. The best thing about him is that he is married to me, as he is, no changes necessary.

So in the real world of dating, relationships, marriage and life in general even if you think your partner is the absolute most gorgeous human on the planet that is great.
Just know without doubt they are not that way in the eyes of everyone so believe it when it is said that not "everyone" is after your partner.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:20 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
This is certainly true of most young people. It is especially of young people who seek partners in venues like bars and clubs, where hook ups are the norm and looks are valued almost to the exclusion of all other factors.

But, believe it or not, this often changes as people grow older. It isn't that people who are a little older don't appreciate beauty (we do), it is just that we've learned, through a lot of painful life experiences, that beauty just isn't as valuable as young people think it is. We are not as likely to pursue someone just because they are good looking. Nor are we as quick to dismiss people whose beauty doesn't leap out at us the first time we see them. It is very hard for a lot of young people to wrap their minds around this, but it is true.
Man, you stole what i was going to say. Its all good thou. x5 on rep.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:30 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times
The truths of the relationship world which nobody admits?

That unconditional love is a concept but unreal. A relationship that demands no personal change is not a relationship. Sex is suppose to be a mutual thing where two peoples enjoy it and not a bargaining chip. Looks, job, money etc doesnt mean a person is a good person.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:13 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,335 times
There is a lot of truth to that OP. It's been my experience you have to run across one that doesn't find you hideously repulsive and that allows your foot in the door and then you can turn on the charm. Women are capable of wearing beer goggles also.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:42 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
I always thought that finding love had more to do with chemistry then looks. If you're looking for that toe curling out of body totally awesome sex most people need that connection that only chemistry brings. Super good looking eye candy is nice if you have an itch to scratch, but without that chemistry it's just a physical act.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:43 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
So has anyone figured out which old poster the OP is yet?
It gets so old and so tiring...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Here is a truth for you:

My husband is very attractive to me physically, he is the perfect man for me, not perfect but the perfect man for me.
I am not stupid enough to believe that my husband is attractive to every woman on the planet because he is not.
He is not the preferred height (by some on this forum), he is older than a lot would be attracted to, he is balding, has a beard and moustache, has a wee bit of a belly and has dental work in progress. The best thing about him is that he is married to me, as he is, no changes necessary.

So in the real world of dating, relationships, marriage and life in general even if you think your partner is the absolute most gorgeous human on the planet that is great.
Just know without doubt they are not that way in the eyes of everyone so believe it when it is said that not "everyone" is after your partner.
CSD, just reading your post makes me attracted to your husband.

To answer generally, of course everyone admires youth, of course everyone admires beauty, but if life hasn't taught you yet that it's not going to work out perfectly for not only you but everyone else, then you're in for a long, hard haul (that's what she said). You just have to make the best out of it, and that applies to everything in life. You can complain ad nauseam, but the situation will still be there when you're done, and you just have to keep trying to work toward what will make you happy. Believe me, I'm no Miss Congeniality, but this is just fact.

Pay attention to the people you meet and whether or not you'd like to spend your time with them. Consider who you would like to spend the rest of your life with (or however long)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships