Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 04:28 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
According to her he is one of her closest friends lol
What's so funny? Just because you can't fathom an opposite sex platonic friendship doesn't mean other people can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 04:28 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
And the fact that he has to keep testing her and they've only had three dates, doesn't bode well either. Time to grow up, and move on. Obviously an honest woman who shows interest in him is just too much to handle.
Usually when people are given a reason to test someone's interest they do it

Old 05-03-2014, 04:31 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Usually when people are given a reason to test someone's interest they do it
No. Immature people play these games. And why do you need to test her anyway? She hasn't been playing games with you so why are you playing games with her?

Old 05-03-2014, 04:34 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
If they are really close friends, then it's possible they are just friends.

If the roles were reversed, OP was a girl and it was a guy travelling for the girl I would say the circumstances would be a little different.

You've been on 3 dates, instead of getting in a hissy fit over something you shouldn't... just go with the flow.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:05 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If they are really close friends, then it's possible they are just friends.

If the roles were reversed, OP was a girl and it was a guy traveling for the girl I would say the circumstances would be a little different.

You've been on 3 dates, instead of getting in a hissy fit over something you shouldn't... just go with the flow.
When my husband and I were in a relationship, which he let a long-time female friend know about, she sent him a text asking him if he could come over to her place alone on a Friday night to 1) hang stuff from her ceiling, 2) have dinner with her, 3) watch tv, 4) stay up late talking, 5) sleep on her couch, and 6) go out for breakfast the following morning. I let him know that I was not comfortable with that situation.

He did not go.

She was upset, and due to that, she did not speak to him for months.

We became engaged roughly 5 months later. This was in 2012.

We got married in 2013

Old 05-03-2014, 05:09 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
I met this girl online and things have been going well and I asked what her schedule was like next weekend and she said she is driving 6 hours to Virginia to see a male friend who she went to college with and is spending the weekend down there

So I am not sure what to make of this and deciding whether or not I should still take her seriously. She shows me interest and calls and send good morning texts so the interest is there but this visit to see a friend doesn't sound right. What do you think ladies? I didn't want to pry too much but all she said was it's a friend she went to college with. Also when I was trying to imply something she sounded like she was about to get annoyed with me so I backed off. But then again I don't want to believe she would be telling me about this trip if she knows I have interest in dating her.
Are you serious? You're not even dating, have no official reltionship to speak of, never mind a monogamous one, and you get bent out of shape because she's going to see a friend?

Old 05-03-2014, 05:11 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Run away as fast as you can.

There's no way you can verify that she is speaking the truth.

Get out before you find out too much.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You have been out with her 3 times, she is showing interest, she has told you she is going to see a friend which I'm sure was planned before you met her, she is allowed to have male and female friends even if she is dating or in a relationship.

Quit trying to make something out of nothing, quit implying anything that you have no basis to imply and quit trying to control what she does.
If you keep on with any of this it will show her that you already do not trust her and she will move on quickly, which she should do.
If a woman is married or in a relationship, then having same sex friends is a no-no.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:19 PM

See guys, women always keep their options open and are always seeing a guy most of the time.

Trust me, that the girl you spoke to online has a back up plan that might not include you.

Yes, the guy she is seeing could be a former lover, or a guy she is planning to hook up with.

Don't fall victim to the game.

Respect the game or the game will get you.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:20 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
If a woman is married or in a relationship, then having same sex friends is a no-no.
Do you mean opposite sex friends instead of same sex friends?

I hope so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships