Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 12:06 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times

Advertisements

You've been with her for 13 years and you are afraid to talk to her about something.. anything?

I will never understand these things..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 12:13 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
If you have been exclusive for 13 years, is it because you love her, or because she was the only woman you could find who was willing to settle for so little?
If her feelings have changed regarding marriage and children, are you willing to lose her to another man?

Old 05-03-2014, 12:15 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
If you have been exclusive for 13 years, is it because you love her, or because she was the only woman you could find who was willing to settle for so little?
If her feelings have changed regarding marriage and children, are you willing to lose her to another man?
And you will, OP. Let her go. It is time for her to start her family with a man who loves her and actually wants to live with her and share a life with her.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:19 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomesEW View Post
It's an institution that might have made sense a few decades ago. It's completely outdated nowadays, totally rotten. It's certainly a good way to ruin a good relationship. There's stats to prove it and all.
That attitude makes me think this is a troll post, saying "there's stats, and all" to prove marriage is rotten.

If this is a real post, it seems you'd rather lose her than marry her so you should just break up with her now.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:24 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
And you will, OP. Let her go. It is time for her to start her family with a man who loves her and actually wants to live with her and share a life with her.
Seconded. Don't be a douche, bro. If you can't give her what she wants, it's only fair to own up to that, and and let her find someone who can give her that.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:34 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,909 times
“What you resist persists"! ~ C.G. Jung.....Ask her straight up Good luck!

Old 05-03-2014, 12:44 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That attitude makes me think this is a troll post, saying "there's stats, and all" to prove marriage is rotten.
All that's missing from this OP is a mistress, a will, and a couple of long-suffering illegitimate children.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:05 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
So it sounds like there's no sense in her discussing it with you then. No wonder she's not saying anything, because the only thing she would be telling you is that she's leaving. She hasn't made up her mind yet, that's all.
I agree. She's not ready to flip the kill switch.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:11 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
I am going to look at this from a different perspective. The first sentence says it all compared to the rest of the paragraph.

They are living a separate existence and have their own little comfort zones (own Apt/home and bed).Nothing like crawling into your own bed every night after maybe a roll in the hay somewhere else ( I was that way during my younger yrs)

Men need their space as the OP has shown in his post. He is content sharing some of his time with the opposite sex as have many other men which is normal. During this time other activities have been played with friends (each with their own gender) only difference here is that they are NOT Married and can retreat to their own comfort zones at night.

Just my own viewpoints as we all see things in a different light.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I am going to look at this from a different perspective. The first sentence says it all compared to the rest of the paragraph.

They are living a separate existence and have their own little comfort zones (own Apt/home and bed).Nothing like crawling into your own bed every night after maybe a roll in the hay somewhere else ( I was that way during my younger yrs)

Men need their space as the OP has shown in his post. He is content sharing some of his time with the opposite sex as have many other men which is normal. During this time other activities have been played with friends (each with their own gender) only difference here is that they are NOT Married and can retreat to their own comfort zones at night.

Just my own viewpoints as we all see things in a different light.
Have you been married or are you married? I can't imagine someone who is or has been married saying that the relationship that the OP described is anything like a marriage. Not that it matters at all - people should have the kind of relationships that are right for them. But the OP's relationship is not even close to a marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships