Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 01:06 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I am part of the working poor it sucks and I do not want this lifestyle. Just making enough to get by at the end of the month sucks. On top of that it is hard to feel good about working a dead end job going no wear fast.

I wanted more out of life so I have been taking college classes to get a better job.
You're not part of the working poor, Krieger, knock it off. You're a college student making nearly $20/hr. full-time. Boo hoo. Everybody feel sorry for Krieger, working his way through school on $19.40/hr.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:09 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're not part of the working poor, Krieger, knock it off. You're a college student making nearly $20/hr. full-time. Boo hoo. Everybody feel sorry for Krieger, working his way through school on $19.40/hr.
Yeah i pretty much ignore his attempts at crying about where he is it. He makes decent to good money right now, and he's making it out to be terrible.

All i can say is that he's a poor spender or he lives in an area that is super expensive and won't move to a slightly less expensive area to save more money. Either way, it's kind of ridiculous.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:17 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
He's complaining and he makes $19.40/hr?

Kreiger, dude seriously?

Old 05-10-2014, 01:18 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me?

Wow. If he's pulling $19.40 while in school, then he'll complain about almost anything. That's the equivalent of $40,000 a year in salary. He must just be throwing away his money.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:20 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
No doubt, when I was going to college is was poorville for me, with my broke ass. I was making minimum wage, whatever that was back then, 5.50 an hour, something like that.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:21 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
He's complaining and he makes $19.40/hr?

Kreiger, dude seriously?
Oh yeah. Been doing it since his first post on this forum.

Makes no sense. My dad hasn't made that much in his life and has produced a home, big-boy toys, paid Child support, paid for some college, pays to rent out campground space, and I'm sure much more. Oh, and renovations.

Yeah 19 bucks an hour is "working poor"

Old 05-10-2014, 02:01 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
Dude, I didn't even make half that when I was in college! What's your secret? Others could benefit from your connexions.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:29 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,202 times
Quote:
Well it not the middle class that for sure and it is above the poverty line . The middle class does not until you bring home 60 k take home a year. On top of that the new middle class is 100 k per take home after taxes per couple or house hold .

Like I told my boss if I was not in college I would be working another full time or part time job.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:33 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Well it not the middle class that for sure and it is above the poverty line . The middle class does not until you bring home 60 k take home a year. On top of that the new middle class is 100 k per take home after taxes per couple or house hold .

Like I told my boss if I was not in college I would be working another full time or part time job.
Dude, you're not doing yourself any favors by comparing yourself with people higher on the ladder than you! Think about how many are way below. How many have no hope of a college education? Count your blessings, man. You're doing good. Why're you tryin to brainwash yourself to think otherwise? Are you trying to depress yourself? Bad move. You've got a lot going for you. Don't blow it.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:34 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
This. There are certain posters who think they're the only person on the planet who has had to learn this stuff. To hear them talk, men who are successful at relationships were that way from the time they hit puberty, landing women effortlessly, as if plucking fruit from low-lying branches.

Nope.

We all had to learn. The problem is that we learned while a lot of these guys didn't. A large part of the issue is that they approach the relationship issue with pre-formed opinions on what the opposite sex wants, thinks, or does. The so-called Nice Guys are the worst in that regard, because they're thinking that if they put women up on a pedestal, they will have the Ultimate Favor conferred onto them.

It never occurs to a lot of these posters that women are just human beings that think a little differently from guys. They are not aliens from the planet Xarp. They want to be spoken to as human beings and desired as human beings. And they detest being put up on a pedestal, for while all women want to be adored, they despise being worshipped.

So it boils down to this. If you don't think you have worth, the rest of the world will agree with you. If you talk to a woman as if she's the end-all, be-all solution to your personal happiness, then she will run away for the burden is too much for any person to bear. If you push for intimacy, she'll back away as quickly as possible, too. If you don't respect yourself enough to take care of yourself, she won't respect you either. Have some self-awareness already.

It's. Just. Not. That. Hard. At least once you abandon preconceived notions and lose the attitude.
While you make some good points, your closing sentence is up for debate. For some, you're right in saying, it is easy, while for others it is difficult. But not for the reasons you suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships