Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 05:48 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post

If things seem to be going extremely good in my relationship, I may get a little uneasy. Like it could be too good to be true.
This is what I'm referring to. Have we gotten to the point where we assume something is amiss because it is so easy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 05:50 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
What exactly do you mean then?
Both parties have already solidified mutual interest and a relationship. Here just aren't any complications or a single misstep. Is it natural for someone to assume something is amiss simply because nothing is wrong?

Old 05-04-2014, 05:58 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Both parties have already solidified mutual interest and a relationship. Here just aren't any complications or a single misstep. Is it natural for someone to assume something is amiss simply because nothing is wrong?
Now I understand.

For me, nope.

I am very happy being single, so if I feel like my relationships adds any ounce of stress in my life I end it. I give a few chances, ask what's up and if it doesn't change I am done. In my eyes, a relationship should not be work. You should enjoy their company and be similar enough in personality to really enjoy each other.

My last few relationships were not like that, I was unhappy and ended them. I stayed single for 6 or 7 months until I found the girl I'm with now and am really happy. Luckily for me I ended things with the other girls so I could have the chance to meet the one I'm with now. If it can stay the same for 2 years I would get married, if things go south I would break up with her and not think twice about it.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:29 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
Most of the men I know as well as myself, it's just as simple as maybe cook dinner once in awhile and sex us up. Why that is so damn difficult for most women to do, I have no idea.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:38 PM

191 posts, read 220,686 times
If people grew up with chaos that is what they are used to, anything else is not "normal" to them and makes them uncomfortable.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:54 PM

89 posts, read 107,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Dreams View Post
If people grew up with chaos that is what they are used to, anything else is not "normal" to them and makes them uncomfortable.
I agree. Once met this hot honey about 2 decades ago. She was abused by her father, abused by her X, and a dear friend said to me, "she won't know what to do with you". I didn't understand, so I asked him what he meant. He says, "She has always had abusive and mean men in her life, you're too good and she won't know how to deal with the unfamiliar" He was right.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:20 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
The first couple of years we had a few minor issues figuring how our relationship would work. Then things settled down for a good number of years. We hit another rough patch when deciding to get married, but mostly everything was pretty easy.

If things are too difficult, the relationship is not sustainable.

On the other hand, if one partner is solely subverting their needs and wants to make the relationship "easy", that relationship in not sustainable either.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:31 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I don't personally think there is such a thing as too easy when it comes with being with someone else, however, something happened today that made me question it.

I always assumed men wanted things to be as drama-free and simple as possible when it came to women and relationships.

What say you?

Is there such a thing as too easy? That it may make you question (I'm not questioning for the record).
There is no such thing as "too easy". Easy isn't a bad thing. However, if "easy" is coming about as the result of one, or both people, not voicing their concerns and silently putting up with a situation that makes them unhappy, then yes, there is such a thing as "too easy". People shouldn't suffer in silence and put up with something until they no longer can, and then just leave. Issues should be dealt with as they come up.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:07 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
I have no idea where this is coming from lol.

Must be one of those threads where the OP can just get dates/laid/whatever at basically the drop of the hat.

Must be nice to have it that easy.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
If you mesh together well yes it is easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships