Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 01:47 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,694,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
I've thougth about this also and i will give it a try. It triggers an urge in some women to pursue even harder. But it can also scare away certain women. I've noticed also that when i'm in the company of a woman i will get more attention from other women. For a few seconds they give me an intense and longing look.
Yes sir!

You got it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 01:48 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,196,928 times
Wow. After reading these posts I'm glad this crap isn't an issue for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
I'm not sure why but it works. I bought a fake wedding band and when I wear it out it definitely makes attracting women easier.
Yes sir!

You got it!

*salutes*

8,915 posts, read 7,660,464 times
I don't have any interest whatsoever in taken men.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:51 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,188,604 times
Married men are the commitment type and are a commodity these days. Maybe she figures 'if he can commit to her, well he can commit to me, and I'm way better than her.'

Old 05-05-2014, 01:52 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,204,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I agree with the OP, it's getting more and more common these days.

Women will ignore the decent single guys and only go for the already have girlfriends and wives.

Married men are seen as higher status among women than a single guy.

Many men report getting hit on far more frequently while married than while single.

Taken men are seen as higher status than single men in the eyes of many.
Amen!

Old 05-05-2014, 01:54 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,772,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I agree with the OP, it's getting more and more common these days.

Women will ignore the decent single guys and only go for the already have girlfriends and wives.

Married men are seen as higher status among women than a single guy.

Many men report getting hit on far more frequently while married than while single.

Taken men are seen as higher status than single men in the eyes of many.
I am going to say it again... look up any article on it written by a credible source. For women who purposely target married men, it's not about the man or his status... it's about the woman and what she wants. A woman going for a married man wants a man she can control (that kind of woman can keep the relationship on her terms and if the man gets out of line, they have something to blackmail him with.) or it's about conquest. Women who do this are objectifying men--what they care about isn't the man, what these women care about is being "better" than other women at catching a man and a "taken" man is seen as a challenge to prove that. To these women, who specifically target married men, those married men are something to be conquered to steal away from another woman. The man's "status" has little to do with because, believe it or not, it's not always about the man in these things. Sometimes it's about the women and in a lot of cases, I think you are deluding yourselves if you think she's is doing anything other than using the married man in question.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:56 PM

540 posts, read 451,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Amen!
The trick is to get a woman first. Then it seems like you just opened the floodgates of attraction

Old 05-05-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I am going to say it again... look up any article on it written by a credible source. It's not about the man or his status... it's about the woman and what she wants. A woman going for a married man wants a man she can control (married man... you have something to blackmail him with) or it's about conquest. Women who do this are objectifying men--what they care about isn't the man, what these women care about is being "better" than other women at catching a man and a "taken" man is seen as a challenge to prove that. To these women, who specifically target married men, those married men are something to be conquered to steal away from another woman. The man's "status" has little to do with because, believe it or not, it's not always about the man in these things. Sometimes it's about the women.
I don't think it can be tied to do one specific reason all the time.

But we do know that it is occurring.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:04 PM

592 posts, read 799,255 times
I think the main reason is the level of confidence. A lot of single men are longing for attention, compared to the married man who doesn't need it and isn't looking for it. It makes women feel like they don't have to be vulnerable if they get involved with a married guy. I had a few women throwing it at me the first year I was married. Turned them down and it felt good. Haven't run into many situations since then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships