Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2014, 10:11 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

So I slept for about 10 hours, and i feel like I should go back to bed.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:09 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Love it. But honestly, this man sounds like a sociopath. I don't know the company dynamics, but I surely would be bringing a lawsuit against him and or the company if this wasn't handled fully to my satisfaction. These people get away with such behavior because they are either huge money makers for the company or family connected, but physical assault goes way over the line.

I do like your style though in the donation scheme. LOL
It was actually a department in the government and yes, he got served by me and my lawyer. No one got away with a thing.

Thing is you have to bring this stuff to the attention of Human Resources and they have to make a correction, if they don't then you can file suit. They made a correction alright. They merged two departments together and made him the department head and appointed someone as our manager who reported to him. All they did was put someone over me that got his directives from him, so they thought I was stupid and that it technically would work since he didn't have 'direct contact' with me....worse decision they ever made. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb. So I tape recorded conversations and I always spoke to any of them on a speaker phone. But, the thing is when you take the step to file NO ONE else will come forth you are totally on your own.

Since this whole things dragged out for almost a year and I still had to work there I had to entertain myself somehow and things like the suit donation to the homeless shelter was one of those things. He had this blue jean generic shirt hanging on the coat rack next to the guys uniforms. His administrative assistant dared me to not only take it, but wear it into the office on a casual Friday. I did it. She couldn't stop laughing and he didn't even notice it. I donated that to Goodwill too. It was a nice shirt to keep but I didn't want the bad ju-ju in my closet.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:23 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
The Sweater

There's actually a punchline to this video.

A couple of my favorite lines are, "The sweater has that slightly goat-like smell all teenage boys possess." "Don't let your mom see it or she'll say, 'who does that belong to besides the trash man."and "Suddenly that scent hits you like ape scent gloryola."

Meryn Cadell - The Sweater (Video) - YouTube

Old 06-28-2014, 12:36 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
So I slept for about 10 hours, and i feel like I should go back to bed.
I hate that when you sleep to much .

Old 06-28-2014, 03:04 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
While my rant earlier sounds like some alcohol fueled rage, it wasn't, upon rereading it I do sound a little upset... LOL

I guess lying right to my face is a major pet peeve of mine. Especially when I read his specifications out to him and he still denied it, that he meant something else when in the context of our conversation couldn't have meant anything else and yet he wanted us to do some major hokey work because he couldn't admit he made a mistake... just thinking about it gripes me... LOL....

I once read an article that basically was saying that certain cultures that saving face is really important...

It certainly is with this clown... don't people realize that others around them may have been born at night, but that they weren't born last night, how people can see someone's BS and that saving face measure makes you look pathetic, especially when everyone around know that's what your doing.

I find it much easier just to say.. "Yep... screwed that one up", let's move forward and fix it.

Wouldn't that make much more sense....

Last edited by Chowhound; 06-28-2014 at 03:15 PM..

Old 06-28-2014, 03:18 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Thursday, you once said something about berating a librarian over some kind of library card issue (and you had to restrain yourself from jumping over the counter to punch her). Didn't you get banned from the library?

How is that different from what your old boss did to you?

Old 06-28-2014, 04:21 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
It was actually a department in the government and yes, he got served by me and my lawyer. No one got away with a thing.

Thing is you have to bring this stuff to the attention of Human Resources and they have to make a correction, if they don't then you can file suit. They made a correction alright. They merged two departments together and made him the department head and appointed someone as our manager who reported to him. All they did was put someone over me that got his directives from him, so they thought I was stupid and that it technically would work since he didn't have 'direct contact' with me....worse decision they ever made. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb. So I tape recorded conversations and I always spoke to any of them on a speaker phone. But, the thing is when you take the step to file NO ONE else will come forth you are totally on your own.

Since this whole things dragged out for almost a year and I still had to work there I had to entertain myself somehow and things like the suit donation to the homeless shelter was one of those things. He had this blue jean generic shirt hanging on the coat rack next to the guys uniforms. His administrative assistant dared me to not only take it, but wear it into the office on a casual Friday. I did it. She couldn't stop laughing and he didn't even notice it. I donated that to Goodwill too. It was a nice shirt to keep but I didn't want the bad ju-ju in my closet.
Oh, you didn't mention it was the govt, I worked for them before. Nevermind. Someone tried to drag me back into working for them again some years ago, I passed, though I did gave it some thought, can't beat some of their retirement benefits.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:27 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I had a real life experience of knowing when to keep your ****ing mouth shut and when to say when...... I had meeting with an engineering consultant to a current project I'm working on... I had some questions for this design engineer and in the course of the convo... this ****er lies to me... I had questioned his design and in the course of the convo... it became obvious that it was wrong... completely wrong and this ****ing pinhead wouldn't admit it... he wouldn't admit he did wrong... he actually lied right to my face.... I was shocked.. I read his specifications he wrote out to him and relayed it to his face and his still straight out lied right to my ****ing face.

In the course of the conversation I apparently was quite rude and unpleasant to him. This is coming from my project manger who sat in the meeting with him.

I guess I just don't know how to deal with bull****....This man is a PE.. a Professional Engineer.... he has the same responsibility as an Architect...

He had made a junior level mistake.. I mean.. big time.. he didn't want to admit it... but he made a sophomore mistake and wanted me to write a ****load of bull**** software patches to make it work.. I pretty much told him that he was full of ****.. he comes back with "well you read our drawings and approved of them"... I'm like... no sir we're not the licensed professional engineers on the project.. you need to make that **** right......

Long story short.. I pissed off a lot of relationships our sales have with this organization because of my "truth" telling....

Another side effect of truth telling is that stuff doesn't always go the way you want it to......

I've been in my industry about 24 yrs. now.. and have a pretty good understanding of how stuff works... yet I'm still amazed at the crap we have to deal with.........
Lol. Yeah I used to be that way, try to do things the right way, the efficient way, looking out for the interest of the company, try to be pro active, etc. Now whatever the dumb s**ts want, the dumb s**ts get and they get it the way they want it done even if it's wrong. The dumbasses don't want to listen to practical suggestions and treat us all only as good as the dumbest tech. Life is too short to be wasted on these BEMs. I've been trying to get myself to a state where I can block them out until I'm in a position to move on to the next crappy job.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:41 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I just got a DM from someone with the screen name of "Chowhoundisaprick"

They called me a horrible person.

I must have struck a nerve..... LOL...

I always thought I was just an average guy on the streets, now I'm a horrible person....

I know who it is too... I wonder if I should bother to report them.... I don't want to sound like a little whiney kid....

Old 06-28-2014, 04:45 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I just got a DM from someone with the screen name of "Chowhoundisaprick"

They called me a horrible person.

I must have struck a nerve..... LOL...

I always thought I was just an average guy on the streets, now I'm a horrible person....

I know who it is too... I wonder if I should bother to report them.... I don't want to sound like a little whiney kid....
I vote report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships