Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 12:00 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
OK my car is a freakin' MAGNET lately. Got hit AGAIN...this time in a parking lot. I wasn't driving this time

We were going straight down an aisle and this woman backed right into us. She got my wheel well and tire, a few scuffs...but her bumper is wrecked. Thank goodness I drive a tank!

But for real...drives me nuts. I haven't even gotten my car fixed from the first fender bender yet

So glad you got by those scuffs safely. And people wonder why I'm attracted to the Hummer. If I ever were able to drive again and won the lottery, that would be my vehicle or a tank, I wonder if it would be legal to drive a tank on the road ways because that or the hummer are all I care to be in. I hate being in any vehicles really. I've been smashed and diced one too many times. Can't be happier I'm not allowed to drive for medical reasons. An inconvenience some time, but gives me a secret happy feeling of security not to have to get behind the wheel.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:09 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,418,213 times
Sixy, I'd get that wheel checked if you're taking the tank on that 12hr drive. Just to be safe.

It is nice driving things that are durable though. I always back into parking spaces because I hate backing out. Well, the other day I came out of the store to find someone had wedged their trunk under my front bumper lol
Not quite stuck, but their trunk lid was demolished. All that happened to the Jeep was it got green paint on the bumper.

Bit of a long story:

With my old Jeep, which wasn't lifted and had a normal bumper on it....that got hit too. I was sitting in a left turn lane waiting for the arrow. I was stopped about 20 feet behind the guy in front of me. Then I notice his reverse lights come on.
I make this face , and apply a little pressure to my brake pedal just as he stomps on the gas. He flew into me at full throttle, to the point that he started pushing my Jeep back. When he finally stopped, I didn't even know what to say. This kid gets out and looks at what he had done, comes to my window and says "Sorry man. I changed my mind and wanted to go straight. I didn't see you there."

"Didn't see me here?!?!?! I'm driving a Jeep. You're in a ****ing Focus! I could see my ****ing headlights in your rear view mirror!!!"

"Well, there's no damage, man. I'm really sorry"

"Are you sure about that?!? Cause you lost your back window" I say as I put the Jeep in reverse and roll back about 5 feet. I get out to see that his back hatch is caved in, window is shattered, and I pulled the rest of his bumper off when I backed up.

Then I look at the Jeep, and it was like nothing even happened. lol

I brush some of his paint, which had been ground into a powder, off my bumper, look up at him and say "Hm. You're right. No damage on my end. Well, good luck getting your **** box home, *******."

And I drove away.

Love Jeeps.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
So glad you got by those scuffs safely. And people wonder why I'm attracted to the Hummer. If I ever were able to drive again and won the lottery, that would be my vehicle or a tank, I wonder if it would be legal to drive a tank on the road ways because that or the hummer are all I care to be in. I hate being in any vehicles really. I've been smashed and diced one too many times. Can't be happier I'm not allowed to drive for medical reasons. An inconvenience some time, but gives me a secret happy feeling of security not to have to get behind the wheel.

You can legally drive a tank in a lot of States, if not all of them

Don't get a Hummer though, TRosa. Terrible outward visibility, and gas hogs.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:15 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
It's like my body just knows that I don't have to be at work for 9 days. Another 10 hour sleep night. Woke up at 1:30!

Old 06-29-2014, 12:17 PM

While I hate sleeping all day, your body knows what it's doing. Just go with it. lol

Old 06-29-2014, 12:18 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
I haven't had a good nights sleep in 12 yrs... I've got sleep apnea and it has pretty much ruined my life.... LOL.. not to get too dramatic....

Old 06-29-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
You can legally drive a tank in a lot of States, if not all of them

Don't get a Hummer though, TRosa. Terrible outward visibility, and gas hogs.
That's that's the other reason for winning the lottery. I'm going to live in that sucker and pay for lots of gas. I wear seat boosters or have the window issue reconfigured to work out that visibility issue. No matter, none on this will ever happen, but I like the fantasy. I don't even like driving vans due to vertigo.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
While I hate sleeping all day, your body knows what it's doing. Just go with it. lol
I wish and if I did, I'd go to jail. LOL

Old 06-29-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I haven't had a good nights sleep in 12 yrs... I've got sleep apnea and it has pretty much ruined my life.... LOL.. not to get too dramatic....

Oh, man. Do you have to sleep with one of those damned machines?
My Step dad has to. His snoring is atrocious. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
That's that's the other reason for winning the lottery. I'm going to live in that sucker and pay for lots of gas. I wear seat boosters or have the window issue reconfigured to work out that visibility issue. No matter, none on this will ever happen, but I like the fantasy. I don't even like driving vans due to vertigo.
It's nice to dream.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:27 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Oh, man. Do you have to sleep with one of those damned machines?
My Step dad has to. His snoring is atrocious. lol

It's nice to dream.
I can't really tolerate those CPAP machines and the only other treatment options are oral appliances and the success rate for me has been pretty low I've read testimonial after testimonial from other people that have had great success with them, not so much for me... have tried a couple different ones with limited success....

I gotta drop a few more pounds, that usually helps, but not entirely....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships