Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2014, 12:23 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I think I might cut some Tulips and Daffodils from my garden, and bring them to my mum tomorrow.
Awww... very sweet.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:30 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

Yes, from me too. What are everyone's plans? We were going to celebrate it with my mom next weekend, but that's out for us now. My brother will take her out, though.
My husband is out at the coast with my oldest for a tournament.

I'm grading papers and planning my week. Husband called and said "let's go out to dinner"....but I REALLY don't want to. I'd rather grill at home and sit on my deck with a fire going tonight. Think I'm going to have to shoot him down on his idea when he gets back.

My mom is not here now, but I'll see her next weekend so we'll spend Mother's Day with her then.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:30 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
I think I might cut some Tulips and Daffodils from my garden, and bring them to my mum tomorrow.
That is so sweet, my friend sent me some lovely flowers for mother's day. Yes the friend I was just talking about with the ring tones.
Attached Thumbnails
Relationship Chat Thread #27-100_0590.jpg   Relationship Chat Thread #27-tr-100_0591.jpg  

Old 05-11-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

I'm grading papers and planning my week. Husband called and said "let's go out to dinner"....but I REALLY don't want to. I'd rather grill at home and sit on my deck with a fire going tonight. Think I'm going to have to shoot him down on his idea when he gets back.

My mom is not here now, but I'll see her next weekend so we'll spend Mother's Day with her then.
It should be as mother wants it. Mom ain't happy, well ya know how that goes.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:39 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Awww... very sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
That is so sweet, my friend sent me some lovely flowers for mother's day. Yes the friend I was just talking about with the ring tones.

That is so funny, TR! lol
Man, I miss watching Golden Girls!

I really need to learn about this flower stuff now that I have a house. I don't need my garden looking like crap.

Quote:

That sounds so much better then going out to dinner.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Those are beautiful. She's not all bad.

Quote:
It should be as mother wants it. Mom ain't happy, well ya know how that goes.
That's right. It's your day, Sixy.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:49 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
That was so sweet!

Quote:
Mother's day is everyday.
We don't do much to celebrate it around here. I'm not big on celebrations/holidays. I prefer things low-key.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Those are beautiful. She's not all bad.

No she's not bad at all, I love her to death, we just like giving each other a hard time for fun. You know how it is with friends sometimes.

Quote:
That was so sweet!

We don't do much to celebrate it around here. I'm not big on celebrations/holidays. I prefer things low-key.
I agree, not really big on doing the holiday thing, but my friend just sometimes will do something when I least expect it, this was one of those times.

She did something like that one time when we were out and about and the hilarity ensued when a guy saw me sniffing the flower from there we suddenly started appearing to everyone as if we were a lesbian couple, it was so funny, we get out the car and a real lesbian couple just smiles at us from ear to ear, the jokes just never ended. It took a couple of years before she ever gave me a flower again. Sooooooo funny. We are like Gale and Oprah in some ways and believe me, some folks use to see us together so much, they did the stupid whispering thing.

Believe me even if I or she were bi, we wouldn't be each other's type.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:07 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
That was so sweet!

We were planning on doing something for Mrs. Chow's mom this coming weekend, but the funeral will be on Saturday.

Man.. I don't look forward to it. My Dad is a real popular guy and has a lot of friends, so it's gonna be a packed house. I was planning on may be speaking at her funeral, but IDK... a lot of people might scare me off... LOL

We usually take Mrs. Chow's mom out the week after Mothers day. Mother's day weekend is usually jammed every where you go, both Saturday and Sunday seems to be packed, so to avoid some of the crowds we do it later. She actually prefers it too, I don't think she likes the crowds either.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I really need to learn about this flower stuff now that I have a house. I don't need my garden looking like crap.
Did you move recently?

I miss that a lot living here. We just have a balcony, and it gets about zero sun. My dad lives in an apartment with a small patio area. He has a beautiful garden back there. He's always been really good with plants.

Quote:
I agree, not really big on doing the holiday thing, but my friend just sometimes will do something when I least expect it, this was one of those times.

She did something like that one time when we were out and about and the hilarity ensued when a guy saw me sniffing the flower from there we suddenly started appearing to everyone as if we were a lesbian couple, it was so funny, we get out the car and a real lesbian couple just smiles at us from ear to ear, the jokes just never ended. It took a couple of years before she ever gave me a flower again. Sooooooo funny. We are like Gale and Oprah in some ways and believe me, some folks use to see us together so much, they did the stupid whispering thing.

Believe me even if I or she were bi, we wouldn't be each other's type.
What's your type?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships