Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you feel?
Actually think it's awesome, I mean everyone should be into chicks right? Plus, threesomes! 6 19.35%
It wouldn't really change things, don't feel much about it 14 45.16%
I don't really like it, but I probably would still be with a woman like that 1 3.23%
No, I couldn't feel sexually appreciated (as more than a pleasure machine)/it's a double standard 10 32.26%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 09:38 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times

Advertisements

Is this actually a problem for anyone in their relationship out there in the real world? Really?

Sure, men and women can easily recognize another person of the same gender who is attractive, good looking, or whatever. It doesn't necessarily mean they are turned or desire that person more than their SO.

This sounds like an attempt to take self consciousness to a new extreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 09:46 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Is this actually a problem for anyone in their relationship out there in the real world? Really?

Sure, men and women can easily recognize another person of the same gender who is attractive, good looking, or whatever. It doesn't necessarily mean they are turned or desire that person more than their SO.

This sounds like an attempt to take self consciousness to a new extreme.
Seriously. I don't think my husband would be offended at all something like "sweetie, I think it's the anticipation of the mind blowing pleasure you're going to give me, and not really those noteworthy biceps...."
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-06-2014, 10:55 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,830,230 times
I am a woman, have always thought women's bodies were more attractive than men's. Married 18 years and straight as an arrow.

I think you might be on to something with the relationship of women's bodies and the media. I think maybe we're taught from a young age to focus so much on women's bodies, and not men's. Also as a woman, I know what makes another woman attractive, as those are attributes I'd like to have myself.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:59 AM

39,203 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
And what if your girl wasn't aroused by your naked body? LOL

Women Seeing Women as Sexier than Men | BroadBlogs

Christina Aguilera and others have said they find women, inc naked women, more beautiful/sexier than men yet still identify as straight. I won't go into the many possible reasons for that, except to say I believe it's largely social-conditioning, fashion, seeing things through the male POV...I largely agree with the blog above.

But anyway, I've heard some women (who say they are straight) go as far to say that they aren't even aroused by their own boyfriends/husband's body. Would that put a dampener on things, or would it not affect you? Would you find it acceptable?

Likewise, to turn it around, women, what if your man said he didn't find your body sexy, or found men sexier, yet claimed to be straight?

In this case i don't think the differences between sexuality is to do with it, but how women are almost always the ones portrayed erotically/sexually while men are basically de-sexualised in our culture. It seems only in gay culture are men truly sexualised, although there are a few examples in hetero culture. A few David Beckham underwear ads though are definitely the exception here...by far

Personally, even if they're a minority, I think I have a need to be seen as sexual/erotic...maybe some guys don't, but maybe if women can't offer that I'll have to go gay? lol jk
I found a lot of women beautiful, but I have never found any of them sexually appealing.
As a matter of fact, i have been approached by couples, lesbians, and bisexual women many many times. Every single time, they turned me off.

I don't know why. I have done sketches for a lot of naked women. I can guarantee you that I don't have the feelings when Jack drew rose in Titanic.

Women's private parts are ugly to me. It is what it is.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:36 AM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
I am a woman, have always thought women's bodies were more attractive than men's. Married 18 years and straight as an arrow.

I think you might be on to something with the relationship of women's bodies and the media. I think maybe we're taught from a young age to focus so much on women's bodies, and not men's. Also as a woman, I know what makes another woman attractive, as those are attributes I'd like to have myself.
Good points and I believe it is societal and the media that drives this whole 'female' form is more attractive than the 'male form'. The 'Idealized' female form that many people imagine when this question comes up probably looks like Rosie Huffington. In reality the average American female form looks more like Rosie O'Donnell. Not knocking Rosie but if Rosies naked body popped into your mind when this question came up the answer would probably not be the same.

In Greek and Roman times and even during the Renaissance, from the statues and paintings, it can be argued that the male form was equally appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Men, what do you think of the idea of women considering other women more beautiful/sexy than men?-greek-statue.jpg  

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-06-2014 at 11:45 AM..

Old 05-06-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
In Greek and Roman times and even during the Renaissance, from the statues and paintings, it can be argued that the male form was equally appreciated.
and they are still considered to be ideal of male form

Old 05-06-2014, 11:51 AM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
and they are still considered to be ideal of male form
I'm sure they were. I like the fact that they are more realistic, in my opinion, and show (Male and Female) statues and paintings with more weight on them than today's sub 10% body fat ideal.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:56 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Well, I dunno, but the Apollo statue and others were pretty ripped. Six packs and all.

Now the Renaissance had some plumpers of both genders.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm sure they were. I like the fact that they are more realistic, in my opinion, and show (Male and Female) statues and paintings with more weight on them than today's sub 10% body fat ideal.
It is very interesting that ideal male form hasn't changed much through history, but ideal women form has changed quite a bit.

"Rubenesque" is a political correct way to call big boned woman.

Example,

Venus and Adonis by Peter Paul Rubens, 1635

Old 05-06-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Now the Renaissance had some plumpers of both genders.
The renaissance was — as the name suggests — an obvious return to classical ideals.

David by Michaelangelo for example. You still see six pack, lean torso, long legs, and all the good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships