Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 01:34 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Pick up artist
Damn you beat me

Old 05-06-2014, 01:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Actually I don't see this. What I see is that too many guys here are completely focused on looks and comparing their looks to other guys at the omission of all other qualities. I haven't really heard anyone trying to make desirable traits seem less desirable.
We are kind of saying the same thing - just looking at it differently. The whiners think that women ONLY go for looks or ONLY go for money - or go for looks AND money. They are blaming their lack of success on women - because they find men desirable for things that they feel that they don't possess - and on men who do possess those qualities. So, what would make these undesirable guys desirable? Women would have to find desirable guys undesirable - and that's not really going to happen.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:51 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Okay, I'm a little lost now. So 'PUA' means 'pick up artist'....is that like the type of guy who just goes and picks up whomever, doesn't really care about a relationship? If so, I'm not sure what that has to do with what females find attractive in males. What am I missing?

Old 05-06-2014, 01:53 PM

432 posts, read 491,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Again, I stated in the very first post I made on this thread, those are MY preferences, and that each female is going to have her own. Not once did I EVER say "this is what all men should do to get a date". I said those were my preferences. Here, I will even quote myself:
Okay I guess... I'm not sure of the value in it outside "people have different prefrences". So, you like guys into video production. Okay. There's a personals section if you want to try and find that guy, I suppose.

Quote:
I'm not saying "any" objective couterpoint is whiny, I'm saying there's a few whiners on here, it's pretty obvious who they are. I wasn't calling you a whiner, I wasn't calling a few others whiners, but I will call someone a whiner when they are.
The internet/world is full of them. It's inevitable as night-and-day... and by way of that immutable truth: Whining about whiners... is just being a whiner. Frankly, I sort of just see a bunch of people here with differing (and perhaps skewed) belief systems with respect to the subject.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
Okay I guess... I'm not sure of the value in it outside "people have different prefrences". So, you like guys into video production. Okay. There's a personals section if you want to try and find that guy, I suppose.
I'm not looking for a guy, I was simply putting in my two cents to some of the threads that have been created by guys on this forum.

Quote:
The internet/world is full of them. It's inevitable as night-and-day... and by way of that immutable truth: Whining about whiners... is just being a whiner. Frankly, I sort of just see a bunch of people here with differing (and perhaps skewed) belief systems with respect to the subject.
Well....you have a point there. I'll probably look at this thread in the future and cringe that I did that...so, good call.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:36 PM

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post deleted).

MY preferences are not the same as another female's preferences...as has been illustrated in this thread. One female poster said she doesn't care if the guy is a "kitten guy", but she did also state that creativity does it for her. We just both happen to like creativity.

The entire POINT of the thread was to illustrate that we do not just go for looks, money, and status. We go for WHO the guy is, and you can see pieces of who he is by what he does...such as in this case, a creative video which can tell us a bit about the guy. It doesn't tell the whole story, no, but it definitely tells something that will pique the interest of some of us.

For others, maybe it's the fact that they like to strum a guitar, or they like to explore rocks, or they like to make animals out of balloons, or whatever the hell it is...the POINT, that you have been missing the entire thread is that it's about WHO the person is, not what they LOOK like.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-07-2014 at 01:16 PM..

Old 05-06-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Szyslak View Post
Right, when you have looks, money and status (like the "average" guy in the OP ), "just being yourself" works just fine.

I should have made that caveat.
Some women actually find shy guys endearing...which, of course, you will state is not true, but the fact is, some women do.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Szyslak View Post
Right, when you have looks, money and status (like the "average" guy in the OP ), "just being yourself" works just fine.

I should have made that caveat.
What would make you happy? If women didn't find attractive guys with money and status desirable? If women only went after ugly, unintelligent, unemployed, unfunny guys? Most people want someone they are compatible with. If women ONLY went after hot, wealthy, powerful men - then only hot, wealthy, powerful men would know what love is - and that is simply not the case.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:43 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Again, I stated in the very first post I made on this thread, those are MY preferences, and that each female is going to have her own. Not once did I EVER say "this is what all men should do to get a date". I said those were my preferences. Here, I will even quote myself:

I'm not saying "any" objective couterpoint is whiny, I'm saying there's a few whiners on here, it's pretty obvious who they are. I wasn't calling you a whiner, I wasn't calling a few others whiners, but I will call someone a whiner when they are.
Op I will tell you what I think might be what went wrong in this thread you created, I think the wording in the thread's title caused some confusion and probably rubbed some posters the wrong way including me.initially but I quickly realized that to some.extent I misintetpreded your message. In my very own opinion the title of your thread suggested that if ant guy wants to have a chance with you then they need to be like the guy in the video that you posted although you clearly aknowledged that the preferences you posted were yours and not other women's preferences. Sometimes the title alone can either make or break a thread. Last year I created a thread about one of the difficulties of being a man and even though I tried to inject a little humor in it some people took it so seriously that a war started and a moderator closed it. It was getting very heated and I pleaded with other posters to stay on topic but in the end my pleas failed. I hope this doesn't happen to this thread.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Op I will tell you what I think might be what went wrong in this thread you created, I think the wording in the thread's title caused some confusion and probably rubbed some posters the wrong way including me.initially but I quickly realized that to some.extent I misintetpreded your message. In my very own opinion the title of your thread suggested that if ant guy wants to have a chance with you then they need to be like the guy in the video that you posted although you clearly aknowledged that the preferences you posted were yours and not other women's preferences. Sometimes the title alone can either make or break a thread. Last year I created a thread about one of the difficulties of being a man and even though I tried to inject a little humor in it some people took it so seriously that a war started and a moderator closed it. It was getting very heated and I pleaded with other posters to stay on topic but in the end my pleas failed. I hope this doesn't happen to this thread.
Interesting...maybe that's it. Funny, I write for a living but will admit that headlines/titles are NOT my strong suit. Duly noted, and thanks for pointing it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships