Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 01:11 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
No kidding. How can you form a conclusion about the women on dating sites based on a sample size of 2?
So you think they are the only two attractive women on the planet who have a profile and a man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 01:23 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
So you think they are the only two attractive women on the planet who have a profile and a man?
But you did say that (despite the many years you've been on dating sites) these two women confirmed it for you.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:03 PM

774 posts, read 906,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
That too. However, I believe she meant the sites themselves keep old profiles and advertise them as active to make it look like they have a larger user base than they really do. When your subscription from Match expires, for example, they tell you they will keep your profile on file for 1 year in case you "change your mind and want to come back" you won't have to create a new one.

They leave out the part where they show your inactive profile as active on the site so others can still send winks or messages. Then Match emails you "Someone winked at you! Come back today and see who it is!" I'm speaking from experience with my own profile. I couldn't figure out why I started getting these weeks after my account expired. So my friend and I did a search from her account for my age and zip code and it showed I'd been active within 24 hours.
Then remove your picture, change your height/looks/hair color/occupation/age/location/interests/hobbies/demands in men, make some of these sound undesirable by social standards so that you don't lead anyone on, change the words in your profile and say that you are married even if you aren't..............and never come back to Match again.

Last edited by Simtropico; 06-12-2014 at 02:29 PM..

Old 06-12-2014, 02:46 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Quote:
I know two girls right now who have a profile on POF and OKC and both are currently in a relationship

One girl is someone I met on OKC but never meet in person because she met someone else before I a chance to meet her. I asked why is her profile still on OKC and she said because he won't delete his

The other girl is at my job and has a profile on POF and overheard her talking to one of her friends about all the drama she is going through with this guy

So why should men take online dating seriously when it's probably tons of women who have profiles and in a relationship. Why not look for sex?
You'll never know what is actually happening in those day to day interpersonal relationships. It is safe to say the online woman who told you she met someone else wasn't interested in you, as she is still looking.

There is no rule that says you can't casually date and keep your profile online. I'm sure your "dating coach" will explain it to you, if you ask her nicely.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:14 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
Then remove your picture, change your height/looks/hair color/occupation/age/location/interests/hobbies/demands in men, make some of these sound undesirable by social standards so that you don't lead anyone on, change the words in your profile and say that you are married even if you aren't..............and never come back to Match again.
When you cancel your subscription, you can either inactivate it or delete it. I inactivated mine and then when I discovered it was still being shown as active had it deleted. I won't go back to Match again even if this hadn't been my experience. Waste of money.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:59 PM

774 posts, read 906,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
When you cancel your subscription, you can either inactivate it or delete it. I inactivated mine and then when I discovered it was still being shown as active had it deleted. I won't go back to Match again even if this hadn't been my experience. Waste of money.
Good. You are better off if you know how to delete your profile. A lot of people don't or are finding frustration because they are seeing that the profile isn't deleting.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:33 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
No, but in your original post, you cite two women as examples of some overall pattern you think exists. If I was going to form a conclusion about the women online, I wouldn't base it on just 2 people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships