Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 12:19 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,802,436 times

Advertisements

I know two girls right now who have a profile on POF and OKC and both are currently in a relationship

One girl is someone I met on OKC but never meet in person because she met someone else before I a chance to meet her. I asked why is her profile still on OKC and she said because he won't delete his

The other girl is at my job and has a profile on POF and overheard her talking to one of her friends about all the drama she is going through with this guy

So why should men take online dating seriously when it's probably tons of women who have profiles and in a relationship. Why not look for sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 12:25 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,959,962 times
Why do you think those women who are in relationships and getting laid every day will have sex with you? They don't need you.

BTW, the men online are mostly in relationships, too.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:27 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,802,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Why do you think those women who are in relationships and getting laid every day will have sex with you? They don't need you.

So basically unless you are on a paid site, the free sites are all game. lol

Old 05-06-2014, 12:33 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,580,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
The overwhelming majority of people (regardless of gender) I have known on dating websites are single. That's why they're dating. I find it odd that anyone would view it otherwise.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:26 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,959,962 times
No, the paid sites are far, far worse. They keep ads up that are 5 or 10 years old, just so it will look like they have a lot of matches for you.

Quote:
The overwhelming majority of people (regardless of gender) I have known on dating websites are single. That's why they're dating. I find it odd that anyone would view it otherwise.
In my age group, there are a high proportion of men who say they are in a monogamous relationship. Maybe they are all lying; I dunno.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:26 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,819,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I know two girls right now who have a profile on POF and OKC and both are currently in a relationship

One girl is someone I met on OKC but never meet in person because she met someone else before I a chance to meet her. I asked why is her profile still on OKC and she said because he won't delete his

The other girl is at my job and has a profile on POF and overheard her talking to one of her friends about all the drama she is going through with this guy

So why should men take online dating seriously when it's probably tons of women who have profiles and in a relationship. Why not look for sex?
Nice, so you know two women and that means no guys should take it seriously

Trust me bro, there are plenty of good women online and there are plenty of women that will go out and cheat even if they have never touched online dating in their lives.

The things you guys come up with are just ridiculous. "I know two women, so that means online dating is useless for all men"

Seriously.. ?

Old 05-06-2014, 04:28 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,819,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post

People will come up with anything on this site, lol.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:42 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,737,208 times
The people I know that are active on dating sites (friends and people I meet) are either single or poly, so they're looking to date. They might be in relationships, but they're still looking to date/meet people, and their relationship allows for this.

Of course lots of people just never turn off their profiles even though they have done OLD for years.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:46 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,714,927 times
But it doesn't sound like either of these girls ARE in relationships, but are rather interested in these guys they met on dating sites and both sound like they are going through too much drama.

# 1) She sounds like she is dating this guy, into this guy, but he won't give her the commitment she wants by not deleting his profile. So she won't delete hers. He is open to other options. She knows this and still chooses to date this guy, but it does not sound like a serious monogamous relationship.

#2) Also sounds like a scenario in which the two are dating, but probably haven't yet had talks of anything serious. She's into him and is willing to accept the drama for now. They may only be dating without defining anything about their relationship as exclusive so they may both still be on the dating site until they'd talk about exclusivity.

So I think in your terms "relationships" may not necessarily mean exclusive ones.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:54 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,596,690 times
Welcome to 2014.

Everybody has options these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships