Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 06:19 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover84 View Post
I recently made friends with this guy, and he asked how he ranks compared to my husband, then commented saying, "He's got competition!!!" I'm not sure how afraid I should be of this flirting. Not sure if it's innocent, or he's plotting to try and break us up? It was flattering, but scared me a bit. Not sure how much I should continue talking to him, keep a distance, or stop talking all together. Haven't really heard from him since then, but he said he's on vacation and needs to go do work stuff out of town and will get back to me when he gets home (he's a fairly big name in Hollywood, so traveling all the time). Thought that was strange, since you'd think he'd be more apt to talking if he's on a vacation vs. at home when he's busy. I'm analyzing everything he says now, and not sure if I should be. And for the record, I definitely wouldn't step out on my marriage. He's married with kids, by the way. Just don't know if I should be concerned and stop talking? because he better not come near my husband!

If you think you have to worry about what this guy said then you think your marriage is not stable.

Maybe you just wanted to mention he is a big hollywood guy and you met him so everyone else should be impressed?
I'm sure he spent his entire vacation "plotting to break up your marriage", that's why he didn't call.
So, why exactly is it an issue that he didn't call when he was on vacation since he "scared you and he is plotting to break up your marriage"?

Not very convincing after stating the worry about no contact while he is on vacation.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-07-2014 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: Fixed glitch in quote.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:28 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Szyslak View Post
Serious question: if you value your marriage or your husband at all, why do you need advice on this?
Exactly - this is a no brainer.

If someone speaks inappropriately about your spouse you shut them down right away, though that can be done politely

Old 05-06-2014, 06:31 PM

145 posts, read 227,012 times
I ask only because there was this guy I was friends with who wanted to break up my marriage and be with me. That's why it scares me. He made up all sorts of lies about me to turn my husband against me. Luckily he didn't believe him. Don't want a repeat of that.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:32 PM

[quote=CSD610;34690034]
Quote:
I recently made friends with this guy, and he asked how he ranks compared to my husband, then commented saying, "He's got competition!!!" I'm not sure how afraid I should be of this flirting. Not sure if it's innocent, or he's plotting to try and break us up? It was flattering, but scared me a bit. Not sure how much I should continue talking to him, keep a distance, or stop talking all together. Haven't really heard from him since then, but he said he's on vacation and needs to go do work stuff out of town and will get back to me when he gets home (he's a fairly big name in Hollywood, so traveling all the time). Thought that was strange, since you'd think he'd be more apt to talking if he's on a vacation vs. at home when he's busy. I'm analyzing everything he says now, and not sure if I should be. And for the record, I definitely wouldn't step out on my marriage. He's married with kids, by the way. Just don't know if I should be concerned and stop talking? because he better not come near my husband![/quote]

If you think you have to worry about what this guy said then you think your marriage is not stable.

Maybe you just wanted to mention he is a big hollywood guy and you met him so everyone else should be impressed?

Not very convincing after stating the worry about no contact while he is on vacation.

Um, no

Old 05-06-2014, 06:54 PM

706 posts, read 1,204,916 times
Quote:
I recently made friends with this guy, and he asked how he ranks compared to my husband, then commented saying, "He's got competition!!!" I'm not sure how afraid I should be of this flirting. Not sure if it's innocent, or he's plotting to try and break us up? It was flattering, but scared me a bit. Not sure how much I should continue talking to him, keep a distance, or stop talking all together. Haven't really heard from him since then, but he said he's on vacation and needs to go do work stuff out of town and will get back to me when he gets home (he's a fairly big name in Hollywood, so traveling all the time). Thought that was strange, since you'd think he'd be more apt to talking if he's on a vacation vs. at home when he's busy. I'm analyzing everything he says now, and not sure if I should be. And for the record, I definitely wouldn't step out on my marriage. He's married with kids, by the way. Just don't know if I should be concerned and stop talking? because he better not come near my husband!
Is this a "friend" you'd introduce to your husband?

Old 05-06-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
Is this a "friend" you'd introduce to your husband?

I don't see why not. My husband knows all my guy friends. People are jumping down my back for asking (totally unwarranted), but it's only because I'm afraid of being friends with men after the friend I had became a stalker a couple years ago. I'm a tomboy and want male friends for the simple fact I play sports, but very hesitant after a recent friend fell in love and stalked me and my hubby. And for that reason, I'm not sure if I interpret things like that wrong. If I wanted to sleep outside my marriage, I would have by now since I've been approached in the past and never considered it.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:20 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:
I don't see why not. My husband knows all my guy friends. People are jumping down my back for asking (totally unwarranted), but it's only because I'm afraid of being friends with men after the friend I had became a stalker a couple years ago. I'm a tomboy and want male friends for the simple fact I play sports, but very hesitant after a recent friend fell in love and stalked me and my hubby. And for that reason, I'm not sure if I interpret things like that wrong. If I wanted to sleep outside my marriage, I would have by now since I've been approached in the past and never considered it.
Women play sports too. Maybe this is where you're going wrong.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Women play sports too. Maybe this is where you're going wrong.
Not my point. Some girls just get along better with guys. Most guy friends I have are awesome and have never hit on me to make me uncomfortable.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:32 PM

592 posts, read 802,328 times
The fact that you posted this means your husband does have competition. And that's sad because the guy hasn't even put game on you yet. You need to be careful...

Old 05-06-2014, 09:36 PM

^^Ok, thank you. I've gotten enough answers at this point, and feel I have been really judged. I feel like there are many miserable people who are taking me in the completely wrong way. I was away with the military recently and almost lost my life. I was miserable being away from my husband experiencing what I did. After all that, my love for him is even stronger. I've explained the other reason a couple of posts back. I don't want a repeat stalker. /thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.