Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 12:58 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,043,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
Nah.

I dislike like being around people who feel the need to voice their opinions on things neither of us can do anything about. Nothing is more annoying than the pretentious hipster type opinions. I'm a pretty liberal guy but ffs, I don't need to hear about the crap all the time.

Politics, Drama, etc.

That said, I like women who are independent and have their own life.
Well that is different, if you noted my OP and subsequent posts you would see it is really about the woman not bending to my frame. Off course, I want my woman to be independent and have her own life that to me is a different issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I would never.
Never say never Maybe now some women here will disagree with me less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Immature boys quite often feel like that. Mature men seldom court drama.
Refer to Hivemind's response that I have quoted at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am similar.

I eat weak guys for breakfast.
I sensed that, besides a strong minded woman in my opinion offers more value in a relationship to balance things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
You like the girls or you like the arguing?

Two different things.
I like the girls but at certain points I think the arguing has sexual undertones. A lot of the women that have liked me have hated me to first and then grown to like me. This is why I am a big proponent of the idea that the line between love and hate is very thin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Disagreement is not the same thing as drama. Immature girls quite often feel like that.
Yes! Precisely!

Old 05-07-2014, 02:09 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,116,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

I eat weak guys for breakfast.

I'm feeling kind of faint.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:18 PM

185 posts, read 241,838 times
I like being challenged but not all the time. The first 18 years of my life were spent sharing a house with a temperamental and argumentative contrarian little woman who was also my mother so I've had my fill of that.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:19 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
I like someone who isn't too passive but someone that want to disagree with everything? I dunno. I think constant opposition would be too exhausting for me. I like a man who voices his opinion and sticks to it but not one that feels he has to rebutt everything I say.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennValleyDuuude View Post
I like being challenged but not all the time. The first 18 years of my life were spent sharing a house with a temperamental and argumentative contrarian little woman who was also my mother so I've had my fill of that.
Thanks dude for ruining it all now by adding an oedipus complex to this all now!

Like I was saying earlier it isn't about being challenged all the time. Who wants to deal with that ****?

It's more about a woman that sticks to her beliefs and doesn't bend her views for me. I really hate when women do that it is so unattractive to me. I feel like they are being disingenuous to me and are just trying to make me happy or sell themselves to me.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:33 PM

39,192 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I like someone who isn't too passive but someone that want to disagree with everything? I dunno. I think constant opposition would be too exhausting for me. I like a man who voices his opinion and sticks to it but not one that feels he has to rebutt everything I say.
Same here.

I really love a man or a woman who can walk away from an argument. To me, that is super sexy. Walking away is not giving up or giving in -- it’s about ending an argument on your terms. You just don't get any sexier than that.

To me, in any argument, the key is to make your point and leave with your pride and reputation intact. If the other person is willing to get nasty early on, this is your cue to drop your sword, smile, and simply walk away.

Some people disagree for the sake of disagreeing. For example, on politics / other controversy forum, I have 2-4 people always pick fights with me. No matter what I say, they say I disagree, every single time.

I say "I support gay right." They say, "define gay right." I say, "I support gun right." They say, "" Finally, I just said, "well, I guess we just have to agree to disagree." They say, "got you."

Annoying as hell.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Same here.

I really love a man or a woman who can walk away from an argument. To me, that is super sexy. Walking away is not giving up or giving in -- it’s about ending an argument on your terms. You just don't get any sexier than that.

To me, in any argument, the key is to make your point and leave with your pride and reputation intact. If the other person is willing to get nasty early on, this is your cue to drop your sword, smile, and simply walk away.

Some people disagree for the sake of disagreeing. For example, on politics / other controversy forum, I have 2-4 people always pick fights with me. No matter what I say, they say I disagree, every single time.

I say "I support gay right." They say, "define gay right." I say, "I support gun right." They say, "" Finally, I just said, "well, I guess we just have to agree to disagree." They say, "got you."

Annoying as hell.
I disagree with you...

Well obviously it isn't hot if you are going to keep arguing about it. That's why I clarified in my post that I am not looking for an argumentative relationship.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
I think what you are really saying is that you like spitfires - not that you like arguers.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:41 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
I sensed that, besides a strong minded woman in my opinion offers more value in a relationship to balance things out.

I would love to argue about that but I have to fully agree.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:43 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Same here.

Annoying as hell.
Exactly! I like a challenge, whether it be with a man or woman. It's super annoying when eveything you say is disagreed with. To me, THAT is the easy way out instead of intellectually making a point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.