Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 12:23 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
No, your point is that you like younger women because you find them more attractive. And that's ok. But to make a blanket statement that all men want a younger women and that all older women are unattractive is simply a load of crap.
I'm not sure if guys like "rationale"male are the outlier or more common, but I am thankful that his outlook is pretty uncommon with the men I know. I'm sure he'll come back with some explanation that he just speaks what they are thinking.... but the determining factor is what the men DO.

But I'm sure he knows better then them, and women, and everyone. He's just soooo insightful.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-11-2014, 12:24 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
I live it! I've been hit on by cougars, I've slept with cougars. I don't date cougars, and none of my boys would I either.
Who gives a crap?

Seriously?

There are some people in this world whose affection would be an insult.

Think about it.

1,115 posts, read 1,193,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
But you are saying looks and power is what makes the older men more appealing.

Not for a lot of women. Sure, you can find some woman who is more interested in your pocket book than your penis.

If that's their thing, doesn't bother me. It seems sad to me, but I'm not the one having to live that life.
Nope. I am saying that status is part of what makes a man attractive. Two equally attractive on a physical level men and women at 25. At 25, she will be more desirable to the opposite sex. IF he has a good career, at 35, he will likely be more desirable.

Quote:
Hmmm, am I missing where the 50+ edition of playboy was issued?
Yes, you are.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:26 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Well, obviously, we wimmin who have experienced continued desirability are making it all up. Someone needs to send us that memo that we're all shriveled up old prunes and the only reason someone would want us is desperation sex.

As I sit here wondering why some guy on OKC is trying to talk to me about John Lennox and Hugh Ross when I so CLEARLY agree with Richard Dawkins.

Oops, dang. My mind isn't supposed to be intriguing, either.
Online dating is a joke and is doing exactly what it supposed to. Boost your ego so you keep coming back.

I made a fake profile once with friend of mine who is admittedly mediocre looking. 50 messages in an hour. Don't pat yourself on the back. Guys on online dating are thirsty.

Default Reminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie071tone View Post
Let's put this to rest. We always hear how men want to date younger women and if you're older than 30 (or whatever age is considered old) your dating life is over and you should take (and be greatful for) whatever comes your way.

Is that true in your experience? Are men in your own age range asking you out, approaching or showing interest?
This thread is about questions put to women about their experience.

No one is asking what a 20-something male thinks.

Only what women over 30 think and what their experiences are. Anything else is off-topic and derailing the thread.

Quote:
Nope. I am saying that status is part of what makes a man attractive. Two equally attractive on a physical level men and women at 25. At 25, she will be more desirable to the opposite sex. IF he has a good career, at 35, he will likely be more desirable.
It's amazing! How did any of us get dates or married? Sure happy some poor guy took pity on my aged butt. /lol

Old 05-11-2014, 12:27 PM

540 posts, read 453,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Why do men need the disclaimer of "successful career and have taken care of themselves". Let's just compare the average 35 yr old man to the average 35 yr old woman. I don't think either would have the upper hand.

Who said nasty? You have an agenda. It's obvious. Please just stop.
Men who sleep around are equally unappealing as women who sleep around. The only folks that care or desire to hear about a man's conquests, or how many he slept with are other men (or so he thinks). I'm not impressed by high numbers.

Pretty sure Chessie has been in a long term relationship with a younger man for quite some time now, though she'd have to come back to confirm that.
What is my agenda ma'am?

Old 05-11-2014, 12:30 PM

Sounds like we have a bunch of jealous little boys invading a thread. What, can't handle that older women somehow manage to have a good time, find good men, and enjoy relationships and marriage, despite your attempts to put us down?

I'd think if anyone is unattractive here, it's you. Ugly attitude makes ugly everything.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:31 PM

I'm going to pick up my butt and my b00bs and go do something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships