Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 10:16 AM

21 posts, read 26,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think the bigger issue in this situation is the statement in the original post that this marriage has been unstable for 12 years and they have been married for 12 years and already separated at least once.

Unless the issue within the marriage are worked on and settled I don't see any reason to remain married no matter what vows have been made.
Which is exactly what my inner voice is telling me. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 11:17 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
this is horrible! no one should ever be forced to move to florida.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:54 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,817 times
Lookingwest while your husband is looking East. =)

Old 05-12-2014, 04:38 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I don't know why any man risks marriage today. Women don't seem to care at all about the vows they make, and seems like as soon as something isn't going their way, they want out right away.
Unbelievable how several guys on this forum almost always make some post generalizing ALL WOMEN based on a single thread posted by a single person.

OP, moving to Florida isn't going to make the marriage better, like the others have told you. So I think you should listen to your gut.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:50 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,345 times
I myself would love to leave my snow state to any sunny state. But my husband loves snow sports. It's not like we have the means to move anywhere at this time anyway, LOL.

But I think in OP's case the reason why her husband said he will move with or without her is coz they are already having problems all those years of marriage.

Just saying. If the marriage is not on the rocks normally, couple talk about it and make a unified decision, but when someone has decided to go with or without their SOs permission, something wicked this way comes.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Listen to the ballad of Harvey bodine it says it all

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aOyNGI3BRrA
I love this - crack me up! But ol' Huck this could go either way! My hubby is the grumpy butt, not me! Except he's crafty enough to claim he'd inherited everything since I died! That's a fact Jack!!

Old 05-12-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Lookingwest while your husband is looking East. =)
Give me land lots of land under starry skies above...that's me! Now if he were pushing for Montana...!! (I'd say Colorado but I'd get tagged a "mary j wanna" lover which I'm not! Love that crisp dry cool mountain air though.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:49 PM

291 posts, read 505,925 times
Don't have any real advice about your marriage, but I second everyone else who are commenting about Florida's tough job market. Leaving because of his health is a very valid reason and it was also the main reason why my parents decided to move many years ago, however, if there is no job lined up - I would definitely reconsider. Florida isn't all sunshine and beaches and Disney.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:15 PM

213 posts, read 376,958 times
Well I gotta tell ya, I gave my husband the same ultimatum 3 years ago. I was moving somewhere warm with or without him. At that time, we had been married 26 years and he chose me. Before we got married he promised me that we could someday move somewhere warm. As my last child was leaving for grad school, I declared that it was now "time". He had a great job with an awesome company and he reluctantly (extremely reluctantly) transferred to the same company in another, much warmer city. He absolutely did not want to move but he wanted to keep the promise that he had made 26 years earlier.

After about a year and a half of living in our new city, after being at his job for 30 years and making well over 6 figures, they fired him saying that they never wanted him to move. It appears that his old position was not doing well since he left.

I don't really know what the moral of this story is except that when one makes a promise, one needs to stick to it. I guess I'm saying, for better or for worse, in sickness or in health.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:01 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingwest View Post
Give me land lots of land under starry skies above...that's me! Now if he were pushing for Montana...!! (I'd say Colorado but I'd get tagged a "mary j wanna" lover which I'm not! Love that crisp dry cool mountain air though.
I'm a little unclear. You didn't sound AGAINST moving to Florida, your against his attitude about it? He's never mentioned anything before about moving to a climate more supportive of his health? This is the first you have ever heard about it?

I don't think the moving is the problem, but just a symptom. It seems like this is a marriage just waiting for a good reason to end. If that's the case, you don't need this as the reason, the fact that this is not a happy marriage and you both seem to want out is reason enough.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships