Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 12:11 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,339,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunsure View Post
..... What is hurting me right now, is that my husband, who is my best friend, knew about the affair for a week and never told me. I trust my husband but I don't understand why he didn't tell me. I thought we told each other everything. Do I just let it go that he didn't tell me, or do I have a right to feel hurt?
I guess I don't know why you're hurt - you're not the one being cheated on. What would you have done if he had told you??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 03:20 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Right now I am covering my ears and screaming LALALALALALALALA at the top of my lungs cuz I don't wanna hear anything I don't wanna know!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 03:38 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,725,861 times
You have no right to be hurt...let your husband have is secrets with his friends. It's not like he cheated on you. Sounds like there are trust issues on your end. Insecure? This thread doesn't **** me off, but it reminds me of the little immature girl I dated recently who would get mad over silly stuff like this. Honestly, you had no right to know, and should feel privelaged to have even found out. Now that you are in the know, congrats on knowing a terrible secret and not being able to do anything about except make your relationship potentially worse. I kind of feel bad for your husband and wonder what else you get mad over.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:46 PM

240 posts, read 470,584 times
Your husband may have been uncomfortable with this info and needed sometime to just kinda process it and then shared it with you. I not sure, but I could see myself not saying anything to my husband right away, just because it is brain numing news. It does not mean he is holding something back from you, but rather a lil shell shocked at bf's biz. I personally do not care if one of our friends cheat, simply not our business and I don't want it to become my biz or my problem. They'll figure it out on their own, it's their realtionship. I figure my life is busy enough that I wouldn't even entertain trying to anaylze it or solve some elses life. They are all adults.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:47 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
I found that my husbands best friend had an affair on his wife. This is a couple that we spend A LOT of time with. What is hurting me right now, is that my husband, who is my best friend, knew about the affair for a week and never told me. I trust my husband but I don't understand why he didn't tell me. I thought we told each other everything. Do I just let it go that he didn't tell me, or do I have a right to feel hurt?
NO DARLIN, we don't tell each other everything....men, just don't do that...yanno? Don't feel bad, or that your relationship is not what you thought it was....be happy...it's Christmas, put this on the back burner and let him and his friend work it out....allow him some space....don't get on him about this...we don't have to share everything, honest...it's ok...and yes, it's ok to feel hurt, but not to the point that it's going to corrode your feelings for him or towards him....EVERYBODY needs secrets and their own space...

hugs to ya....Creme

Old 12-12-2007, 04:04 PM

165 posts, read 661,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
You have no right to be hurt...let your husband have is secrets with his friends. It's not like he cheated on you. Sounds like there are trust issues on your end. Insecure? This thread doesn't **** me off, but it reminds me of the little immature girl I dated recently who would get mad over silly stuff like this. Honestly, you had no right to know, and should feel privelaged to have even found out. Now that you are in the know, congrats on knowing a terrible secret and not being able to do anything about except make your relationship potentially worse. I kind of feel bad for your husband and wonder what else you get mad over.
Kind of harsh, but in reality, completely accurate.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:07 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
I don't think you should be hurt. It's not something that should be spread around. He (the cheater) will eventually get whats coming to him. I'm all for minding my own business in situations like this.

Last edited by MonaLisaVito; 12-12-2007 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-12-2007, 04:19 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,725,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaniac View Post
Kind of harsh, but in reality, completely accurate.
That's how I am...I didn't feel the need to sugarcoat my post this time. If someone doesn't tell her now, she will be making a post about how her husband left her because all he did was argue(when it was her instigating).

Been there done that. Hope I am wrong.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:38 PM

875 posts, read 1,092,203 times
Quote:
I found that my husbands best friend had an affair on his wife. This is a couple that we spend A LOT of time with. What is hurting me right now, is that my husband, who is my best friend, knew about the affair for a week and never told me. I trust my husband but I don't understand why he didn't tell me. I thought we told each other everything. Do I just let it go that he didn't tell me, or do I have a right to feel hurt?
It could be that your friend told your husband in confidense. If that's the case, he shouldn't tell anyone, not even his wife.

Now that he knows you know though, just ask him.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:20 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
You need to read "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" it will explain this.

Women tend to commiserate and solve one another's problems.

For example- You tell your friend of a problem. She helps you to brainstorm to try to solve it. She speculates with you as to why the problem exists. Lots of maybes and what if's.

Your husband tells his friend of a problem. His friend says "Man, that sucks." Your husband says "Yup, how about those Patriots?"

It's oh so true!
no, no, no, wrong...they say
how bout them Eagles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships