Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 01:24 AM

6 posts, read 13,497 times

Advertisements

This guy friend of mine (i only met him 4 months ago at uni) told me he was "worried" about me the other day (nothing to worry about, i was just not being very responsive through texts, he had recently came back from his home town and he knew i had exams and stuff, he got worried apparently and tried to call me a few times.
He also told me not long ago that he liked to annoy/tease me, which i found rather cute. He does indeed tease me a lot, he makes me laugh.

Do you think he might like me? Would a guy tell a girl "I was worried about you" or "I want/like to annoy you" if he is not into her, is it a way of flirting?

Sometimes when he teases me he get closer to me physically, like coming really close to my face, blocking my way, even when i don't seem in the mood. He plays dumb and i end up laughing.

I'm leaving soon and if there's a chance for stg to happen between him and me, i'd like to try. I like him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 08:07 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,966 times
OP:

The best way to find out if he likes you is...

To just ask him yourself.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:20 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
I never know what it means when a guy who is not my boyfriend, relative or best friend says "I worry about you". I have had it said to me before and I don't know what it means.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:21 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,621,535 times
Sounds like the guy either likes dudes or is too scared to take things to the next level.

What type of dude says some of the stuff this guy says??? "I like to annoy you"??? WTH.

I agree with snugglegirl...just ask him if he is interested in something more than a friendship.

If he stutters or hesitates the least bit I would look for other options.

Plenty of guys out there that would love the company of a woman like you.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:22 AM

89 posts, read 107,643 times
Several decades ago a wise man once told me, "...the idiosyncrasies we find cute about someone today, will become our irritations and problems tomorrow..." In my case, it was her always "needing" to hit me, punch me. As it turned out she was very abusive. Thank God she's gone and I learned! My son asked me about this "cute" girl in his third grade class hitting him every time she got near him. I told him he needed to put a stop to her physically abusing him and to explain to the teacher that physical abuse regardless of gender is physical abuse. Be sure that you ALWAYS will love that so called "cute" childish, selfish behavior, especially since by your words it is not welcomed...until you give in and laugh. Will you always be laughing when your feelings are being ignored about what you find comforting or irritating? And how far will he continue such if allowed now? Food for thought, maybe not.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:23 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,195,242 times
Ask him out. He may like you, he may not. But there was a saying I heard from someone "Until he actually does something, he hasn't done anything."

He may like you, but don't assume until he asks you out, or you ask him and he says yes. He may just want sex, but again, can't be sure.

Some guys are just flirty. I have had many guys flirt..even in unromantic ways, but they never did ask him out. So, they couldn't have been interested.

Flirting doesn't always have to mean something--sad as it is. So, if he's not asking you out, then you may need to go to him.

I do worry about a guy that likes to annoy his girl. Tease sure. But that's not the same thing as annoying. If you annoy someone, you're getting on their nerves, which I would think you wouldn't want to do.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:27 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Plenty of guys out there that would love the company of a woman like you.
Aww what a sweet thing to say...

Old 05-18-2014, 10:04 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
You have a lot of posts of versions of "does this guy like me.", in fact, all of your posts.

If he asks you out, he likes you. I would stay with that as your guideline.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-18-2014, 11:58 AM

32,663 posts, read 48,091,772 times
I don't know, OP. I have lots of people in my life that I worry about if I don't hear from them in the usual time frame. Friends, relatives, co-workers.... that doesn't mean I want to date them.

You could always ask him if he would like to go on a date with you. However, you only do that if you think you'd like to have a romantic relationship with him. If you don't want a relationship, leave the matter alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships