Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2014, 05:24 PM

23 posts, read 39,842 times

Advertisements

If you take a look at the "do girls/guys like girls/guys with ___" type of questions around the internet, most guys either have no standards or are attracted to anything. They usually offer more encouraging answers that make girls feel "good enough" for every guy.

When guys ask the same type of insecure questions, girls let guys know that they have a "type" that they are attracted to, and sometimes will indirectly say that certain guys are less masculine based on looks than others.

For example, most guys do not mind if a girl is poor, out of shape, has cellulite, cannot cook, and is not a stem field major. Most girls seem to expect someone that is superior to them in every way.

Do you think society tells guys to curb their standards or are guys just born that way?

Old 05-11-2014, 05:40 PM

338 posts, read 384,577 times
Men would die for "the right" woman. It's too bad it often doesn't work the other way around.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:42 PM

102,178 posts, read 107,754,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71new View Post
If you take a look at the "do girls/guys like girls/guys with ___" type of questions around the internet, most guys either have no standards or are attracted to anything. They usually offer more encouraging answers that make girls feel "good enough" for every guy.

When guys ask the same type of insecure questions, girls let guys know that they have a "type" that they are attracted to, and sometimes will indirectly say that certain guys are less masculine based on looks than others.

For example, most guys do not mind if a girl is poor, out of shape, has cellulite, cannot cook, and is not a stem field major. Most girls seem to expect someone that is superior to them in every way.

Do you think society tells guys to curb their standards or are guys just born that way?
Hoo boy, not on this forum! I see you're new here. This forum is the opposite of what you've seen elsewhere. I'll leave it at that, for now.

Where is this kindler, gentler forum you speak of? Here, guys who post like you say get called "white nights" and "feminized men" by the guys here, i.e. wusses.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:45 PM

52,185 posts, read 52,615,134 times
I think women in general are more compassionate and supportive.

Those traits are viewed as being "feminine" by some guys.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:53 PM

338 posts, read 384,577 times
There's nothing "feminine" at all for working your butt off damaging your health and body to provide for her and your children. Doing it while keeping your mouth shut and REFUSING to go to the doctor or get checked out when you are obviously hurt.

My boss is a fine example of that right as I write this. His hip is toast, he can barely hobble and walk.

"Are you going to get that looked at and fixed"

Answer:

When I get around to it.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:57 PM

957 posts, read 1,059,721 times
Women just say those things though, they settle for out of shape guys, who are uneducated if they can talk a good game and make them feel comfortable.

I feel like dudes are more down to earth, in general. Women can have those lofty standards, and often get men for a few nights that meet those standards.. but those prince charming types often refuse to settle. One day they will, when that receding hairline gets hard to hide and the gym-rat lifestyle starts losing it's appeal. When women have those demanding lists and complain about getting played in the next sentence I just assume they're mentally challenged and move on. Lol!

As long as women are somewhat fit for their body type, fun to be around and open minded I'm game. I've dated bigger rugby forwards to petite dancer types and waitresses to professionals. It's whatever.

Just my opinion.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:01 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,224,628 times
No men vs. women threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.