Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 05:51 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,981,539 times

Advertisements

So I'm new to Orange County. I've lived in Southern California for 15 years but about 50 miles away from Orange County. Things are quite different in south Orange County...just a few miles from the orange cougars and old dudes with 20 year old dimes.

Anywho, I've been doing online dating and I've had 4-5 dates in the last month but none of them did anything for me. One of them was close but she got flaky and I can't stand that so I lost her number. Thinking its time for me to stop depending with online dating which has worked for me quite well in my life.

I'm not religious so meeting people at a church, mosque, temple etc isn't an option. I don't mind going but I feel like a hypocrite trying to meet someone pretending to be religious when I'm not.

I'm not a big drinker so I've never been a fan of going to bars. And the few times I've approached women at bars, I feel sleazy.

I do like dancing but going to a club solo...feels more like a one night stand setup which I'm not looking for.

I'm going to start going to a martial arts class in a few weeks, trying to make new friends there. I work in a small office so thats not really an option.

Just kinda lost with ideas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 06:49 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,689,441 times
The beach?

Old 05-11-2014, 06:59 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,961,868 times
Literally anywhere. If you see a nice girl, just strike up a conversation with her and if you hit it off, ask her out.

I think when you're leaving the house and going to places just to meet women it takes the fun out of whatever it is that you're doing.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:02 PM

102,241 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Do you have any hobbies? If not, can you come up with some? Take a photography class, dance class (swing, salsa, whatever), cooking (Asian, French, whatever), theater improv, anything. Volunteer at enviro or political action orgs. Check out the gyms in your area (some will give you a few free passes to try them out), and see which ones have the most friendly, social vibe. Attend author lectures/book signings at your local bookstore. Check the local paper to find out what your community has to offer in terms of activities. Check out some meetup groups. Join a tennis club or other sports group, and mingle. If you're into travel, find the local travel bookstore and see if they have a lecture schedule. If you're into nature, join the local Cetacean Society or marine mammal protection group--women love that stuff.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-11-2014 at 07:12 PM..

Old 05-11-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Literally anywhere. If you see a nice girl, just strike up a conversation with her and if you hit it off, ask her out.
This, too. Just be friendly with people around you. Chat up people in the check-out line in stores. Play up the new-in-town schtick and ask randoms if there's a good Thai restaurant in town, or where the library is, or what the best coffee shop is.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
The beach?
You'd think.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:16 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,961,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You'd think.
If he's new in town, that would mean he would have to go to the beach alone and sit there.

Not saying there's anything wrong with going to the beach alone and relaxing... but that's not going to exactly be a good way to attract women. Unless he looks like Brad Pitt, but if he did he wouldn't have to post asking where to meet women

Old 05-11-2014, 07:50 PM

39,266 posts, read 27,666,911 times
Newport beach brewing company is perhaps the best single bars in orange county, especially if you like beer. Shark club is pretty neat too (Costa Mesa)
Depends on your budget.

Go to the beach if you are somewhat in shape. Lots surfer girls. Irvine spectrum center or even the block at orange.

There you go.

http://z572014.com/wp-content/upload...-County-CA.jpg

Old 05-11-2014, 08:51 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,981,539 times
Going to the beach solo trying to hit on girls...you guys for real? I look good enough without a shirt on but nothing special. From what I've been told from my female friends, don't hit on girls at the beach or at the gym.

Dance and cooking classes is an idea. I know how to dance salsa and cook good enough though...hmmm.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:56 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,646,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Going to the beach solo trying to hit on girls...you guys for real? I look good enough without a shirt on but nothing special. From what I've been told from my female friends, don't hit on girls at the beach or at the gym.

Dance and cooking classes is an idea. I know how to dance salsa and cook good enough though...hmmm.
Go to meet up .com and find things to do. Why not join a running group if your after woman in shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships