Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 06:24 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,717,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
To give an example, say a male dentist had to choose between a very attractive 28 year old woman in marketing making 50k a year vs an unattractive 28 woman dentist making over 150k a year. Both are similar in personality, loyalty, affections, values, height, weight, etc etc and the only big difference is the marketer is more attractive. Most likely the male dentist will choose the marketer because men tend to value looks much more.

I never implied that financially successful unattractive women should take what they can get. It's just that it's not as valued to men as it is to women.
Change the marketer to shift leader at McDonald's making $10/hour and I am almost certain he will choose female dentist. I prefer to think that not all men are so dense that intelligence and ambition are not attractive traits to them.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:35 AM

663 posts, read 775,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
It's not a gendered conclusion. I'd opine that the more successful the man or the woman, young or old, straight or gay, white or minority - the less satisfactory his/her dating life. Why? Because the pool of candidates is smaller, and the associated risks are higher.
Sorry I meant to say, "the more successful a woman is, the harder her dating life"

Compare a female billionaire such as Oprah Winfrey vs someone like Mark Zuckerberg.

No one is criticizing how Oprah Winfrey's choice. It is because everyone knows that's who she can get.

Everyone is questioning Mark Zuckerberg's marriage. Why is he dating his ugly woman? etc etc? This is because people expect that Mark can get any woman he wants.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:04 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,892,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
Change the marketer to shift leader at McDonald's making $10/hour and I am almost certain he will choose female dentist. I prefer to think that not all men are so dense that intelligence and ambition are not attractive traits to them.
Well we can make an educated guess that he won't choose the person working at McDonalds, anyway.

I agree with what an earlier poster said...they choose from the most attractive woman with in a range of education etc.

If looks only mattered he'd choose the woman working at McDonalds.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:09 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,599,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Sorry I meant to say, "the more successful a woman is, the harder her dating life"

Compare a female billionaire such as Oprah Winfrey vs someone like Mark Zuckerberg.

No one is criticizing how Oprah Winfrey's choice. It is because everyone knows that's who she can get.

Everyone is questioning Mark Zuckerberg's marriage. Why is he dating his ugly woman? etc etc? This is because people expect that Mark can get any woman he wants.
Mark Zuckerberg's woman is not ugly. She is average by most men's standard. Where did you get ugly from.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:37 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,834,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Mark Zuckerberg's woman is not ugly. She is average by most men's standard. Where did you get ugly from.

Borderline average in my opinion

Old 05-15-2014, 07:43 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,599,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Borderline average in my opinion

I would give her a 6 out of 10 on the attraction scale.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:21 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,631,711 times
Quote:

I give her a 6.5 she not ugly and I am sure there or other things that can make her an 8 IMO. Also I thing she been with him when hevwss a broke ass so you know she not a gold digger.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:29 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,571,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I give her a 6.5 she not ugly and I am sure there or other things that can make her an 8 IMO. Also I thing she been with him when hevwss a broke ass so you know she not a gold digger.
She's a Harvard-educated doctor.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:39 AM

2,757 posts, read 2,212,806 times
Quote:

She's not ugly at all, just not what a lot of people expect a billionaire to a marry.

However like posters have said, she was with him when he was broke. Also, before he became rich I don't think he was a chick magnet who had a lot of choice anyways.

Also, as they both age, have kids, most likely he will cheat if he hasn't already. Too much choice and opportunities for a young billionaire to remain faithful. Longer time spent together usually creates boredom and the ugly roving eye starts.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:48 AM

257 posts, read 711,156 times
All that really matters is if Mark finds her attractive and is satisfied. I think she's fairly attractive, enough I wouldn't be on the lookout for somebody else, though I wouldn't fault others for thinking differently. I don't know, I always thought I was pickier than average regarding looks, but if she's barely above average for most guys.. maybe it's more like I'm very specific about the types of looks I like, but am not all that picky once that type is met.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships