Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 03:57 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times

Advertisements

They had people with that problem on talk shows years ago. They sell cribs and play pens to cater to their "needs". Someone's getting rich off the mental state of others, as usual. And some people have the distorted view that encourages that behavior. Even though I say to each their own, that's odd behavior and like was said here before, the umbellical cord needs to be cut. More power to whomever dates a baby like that.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:44 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Both are equally crazy. It is not common practice for a mentally stable woman to pursue a guy like that. Now, i understand that this type of guy might trigger some sort of mother instinct in some women. But to have a sexual/intimate RL/SHIP with a guy like this is crazy. Sorry, it's just not normal human behavior anymore.
Yes, I agree a woman who would knowingly date a guy like that has some serious issues as well. Like attracts like.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:16 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Ok completely wtf

Old 05-16-2014, 03:46 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
At this point, I don't want a baby baby let alone an adult one.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:04 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,271 times
My own wisdom and years being on this planet has taught me.... it is not that what you see on the surface you need to worry about, it is the unknown that made this person arrive at the point they are, you need to worry about.

There are some serious, deep seeded issues that formed to make an adult man wear diapers and drink from a bottle. Probably issues you would not care to know about.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:55 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
My own wisdom and years being on this planet has taught me.... it is not that what you see on the surface you need to worry about, it is the unknown that made this person arrive at the point they are, you need to worry about.

There are some serious, deep seeded issues that formed to make an adult man wear diapers and drink from a bottle. Probably issues you would not care to know about.
i agree.

i saw the documentary on this adult baby stuff a while back. i forget what channel. but it was disturbing. it was in a weird documentary series or something along with the women who have those fake babies that look really creepy real and they treat them like they have a real baby, taking them out in strollers, dressing them up, buying baby stuff for them, etc. also saw one about people who fall in love with inanimate objects to the point where they kiss them, hug them, spend a lot of time just hanging around whatever it is they are in love with; like cars, someone was in love with the eiffel tower, etc. and another one with the guys who have blow up doll or mannequin "girlfriends", sitting them at the table to eat with them, buying clothes and jewelry for them, etc.

i suspect some of those people featured may be faking some of those behaviors for attention. but there were some who seemed to definitely be into these odd behaviors. i think it's sad. there is something really sad to me about it. like that photo link someone posted with the man dressed like a baby. that picture makes me sad. not even really creeped out. just sad.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:51 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,628 times
Wow, I learned something new!

I thought this thread was going to be about men in their mid thirties who still live with mom and dad, never look for work because they're afraid of responsibility that comes with being an adult and can't make out priorities. Boy, I never expected this!

No I wouldn't think it's fair to take advantage of someone with a psychological disorder that infantizes adults. These people are not prepared mentally for the responsibility and maturity that comes with a marriage, mortgage, groceries, visiting family, child-care, basic hygiene, decision-making, finances, not to mention going out in public together. It's not right to get with an infantile adult, they aren't in their right mind and need professional help, not a spouse and romantic relationship.

I think your friend should just be a friend and offer to help him get this help, or not.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:29 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,461,937 times
This thread actually cheered me up. I may never get a girlfriend again, but at least I'm not a grown-ass baby. The OP's friend is either nutty herself or extremely open-minded if she can overlook this mental illness and view this guy as marriage material. I'm a weird guy too, but even I'm creeped out by this.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:40 PM

50 posts, read 46,311 times
lmaooooooooooooo I can't

Old 05-17-2014, 04:00 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,141,570 times
Sometimes adult babies don't wear diapers and drink from bottles.

They can be found wearing board shorts, playing video games and drinking rock star.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships