Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 10:47 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Usually, it's the whole truth. I guess I was assuming that by "dumped", some measure of a relationship was implied, not just 2 or 3 casual dates. If you have a date or two with someone and can't stand their voice, or the way they eat their peas, or some other mannerism, it's not really a "dump". You just don't call for another date. If they call you, you just say thank you, but you're not interested. That's not dumping someone.

"We're not a good match" usually involves something like finding out they're really spendy and you're not, or you have different goals or values in life, or something more substantive than an annoying habit that irritates you.
Okay, I get where you are coming from now. I can think of a million reasons for a serious relationship can not work out. I Still think letting someone down easy is better.

"I have fallen out of live with you " is preferable to ....I am now banging the hot girl who lives next door.
" I think we have grown apart" is better than...You have cancer and I am a selfish person who can't deal with this.

Etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 10:52 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
When you are dealing with someone who is non confrontational by nature, white lies should be expected. Not sure why so many people refuse to understand basic differences between men and women. Trust me, it wont make us less equal.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:55 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
I have always been upfront with the people I have been involved with. Sometimes it isn't necessary to get in to the details unless provoked or questioned for clarity.

People often already know of the issues themselves and just choose to ignore or put them to the side
I mean how much to you need to be spoon fed what is abundantly apparent?

I can only think of three times I have ever spelled out to another why I had to leave and have them just stand their dumbfounded and bewildered like they just had no clue

Old 05-15-2014, 11:01 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
I have always been upfront with the people I have been involved with. Sometimes it isn't necessary to get in to the details unless provoked or questioned for clarity.

People often already know of the issues themselves and just choose to ignore or put them to the side
I mean how much to you need to be spoon fed what is abundantly apparent?

I can only think of three times I have ever spelled out to another why I had to leave and have them just stand their dumbfounded and bewildered like they just had no clue
The problem is, some people demand to know why "it's not working out" or "we're not a good match", and then they try to argue with the reasons given. That's why some people make up excuses from the start.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:06 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The problem is, some people demand to know why "it's not working out" or "we're not a good match", and then they try to argue with the reasons given. That's why some people make up excuses from the start.
An argument involves two.
Give them what they want and disengage. You can't force people to rationalize, they have to do this on their own.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:07 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
I try to make things very clear about my self when I meet some one and I remain consistent through out, and I have never changed .
Yet it seems that women don't listen , not the great communicators they propose them selves to be.
They can blab, but can't listen.
Yet I can do business with others ( whom have no ulterior motives) and have no problem.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:08 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
An argument involves two.
Give them what they want and disengage. You can't force people to rationalize, they have to do this on their own.
Yup. Been there, done that. You'd be surprised how aggressive and tenacious people can be.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:07 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
How many times have I said it!!!

Man is ice to truth, fire to falsehoods!

I'm a fire-lover, hate ice!

Old 05-16-2014, 01:11 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,805 times
Bad idea because it can really devastate a person if the truth was told. Can you imagine the result in some scenarios if the person was honest.

"Sorry, but your penis is too small"

"Sorry, but you are horrible at sex"

"Sorry, but I just don't find you physically attractive anymore"

"Sorry, but I prefer larger breasts"

Sometimes it's better to lie to spare a person's feelings.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:24 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
The good news:

You're boring.
I found someone else.
You're superficial.
You're lousy at sex.
You were just a fling.
I'm gay.
I found out you......

and many more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships